• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

John Stones

Everton turn down £30m for Stones, I rate Dier higher so how much does that make him worth then, £40m ?

I'm afraid Stones will be a much better CB in the future, I even think he is a lot better already.

Don't think so mate, I've seen Stones have a very good game (where I see why the hype), but his off days tend to be much lower than Dier's. Also think Dier is a bit more versatile. Not saying Stones isn't good/has promise, but much better than Dier is a stretch.

to JimmyB, CCV actually does have the promise of being better than both, just so much time/development still to go

Everton turn down £30m for Stones, I rate Dier higher so how much does that make him worth then, £40m ?

Hard to tell, but at the moment Stones Is the great English hope, petty much like Rodwell , Barkley, Caulker, etc, etc and we all know that was mostly hype.

Barkley is looking pretty good so far, inconsistent yes but has the ability to conjure something out of nothing and that rare thing in an English midfielder, an ability to surge forward at pace with strength, skill and balance. Has a beast of a longshot on him as well. Dare I say it but gazzaesque at times.

Barkley is looking pretty good so far, inconsistent yes but has the ability to conjure something out of nothing and that rare thing in an English midfielder, an ability to surge forward at pace with strength, skill and balance. Has a beast of a longshot on him as well. Dare I say it but gazzaesque at times.

I was accepting what you said as decent point until you came to the Gazza comparison. imo he is nothing like Gazza.

But disappears out of games

Is reckless defensively

Has a bit of an attitude when things don't go his way

Maybe he is starting to believe his own hype

I was accepting what you said as decent point until you came to the Gazza comparison. imo he is nothing like Gazza.

I said at times.

But disappears out of games

Is reckless defensively

Has a bit of an attitude when things don't go his way

Maybe he is starting to believe his own hype

Plenty of top players are reckless defensively, Scholes? Most top players have a streak of nastiness, grit, determination, toys out of pram. Not saying it's ideal but often they feed of it and that's what helps them reach the top echelon of players.

I said at times.

Plenty of top players are reckless defensively, Scholes? Most top players have a streak of nastiness, grit, determination, toys out of pram. Not saying it's ideal but often they feed of it and that's what helps them reach the top echelon of players.

There is reckless as in lunging into tackles and reckless as in runs in almost the wiring direction with the ball away from his team mates Leaving a gaping hole behind him, then having a att trim when he loses the ball

Barkley has a lot of good qualities but he is being hyped beyond his achievements very much like stones

The worrying thing about this possible deal is that if Berahino hasn't been signed by the time Stones moves to Chelski (if he does) then WBA will point to the figure that Chelski pay and say "25M is a bargain!"

Hopefully we conclude a deal for Berahino before then...

Barkley was fudging terrible for about half the season last year ... (he also had 2 goals in 36 appearances, that shot and ability to create must have gone on vacation)

Back