• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Johan Lange - Technical Director

Is there a difference?

I'd hope so, either that or I have led a very sheltered life!
c22d58802b42c3506f20e3863262c9b4--perpetual-trophy-custom-trophies.jpg

It's different now to Paratici or even previous dof roles - we have a manager who is hands on with transfers and has the final say. The role of dof thus becomes one of finding 3 or 4 of the type of player the manager wants and then determining which will be signed based on finance, suitability and how likely the club is to want to sell them.

He's going to spend a lot of time on youth I reckon as that is where Ange really excels.

It's different now to Paratici or even previous dof roles - we have a manager who is hands on with transfers and has the final say. The role of dof thus becomes one of finding 3 or 4 of the type of player the manager wants and then determining which will be signed based on finance, suitability and how likely the club is to want to sell them.

He's going to spend a lot of time on youth I reckon as that is where Ange really excels.

I think previous managers have had a significant say too, particularly on first team signings.

Ange being happy with and even perhaps preferring younger players gives us more flexibility compared to Conte and Mourinho.

How is that different?

Hopefully he can dial up the performance stats of the deadwood at the club so we can get better valuations !

Lange seems very much to be a data guy. Good to have the combination of someone like that and Paratici if he stays with us and a head scout/scouting team.

Absolutely this and this again, diverse your pool. Youth, young imports and picking the right ready quality to add. From that respect we look like we have all bases covered

Back