• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Johan Lange - Technical Director

Chrissivad

Eidur Gudjohnsen

We are delighted to announce that Johan Lange has been appointed Technical Director with effect from 1 November, 2023.

Lange will have responsibility for recruitment, analytics and talent identification across our senior and academy teams.

Lange held the role of Global Director of Football Development and International Academies at Aston Villa from June, 2023, having previously been Sporting Director from June, 2020. Lange oversaw several high profile player transfers, a period that saw Aston Villa move to the top half of the table.

In 2014, Lange, having previously been an Assistant Coach, rejoined FC Copenhagen as Development Director and then Technical Director the same season.

Commenting on his appointment, Scott Munn, Chief Football Officer, said, “Johan has demonstrated an excellent track record of scouting and signing many talented and successful youth and senior players. He is a welcome addition as we strengthen our football operations.”

We are delighted to announce that Johan Lange has been appointed Technical Director with effect from 1 November, 2023.

Lange will have responsibility for recruitment, analytics and talent identification across our senior and academy teams.

Lange held the role of Global Director of Football Development and International Academies at Aston Villa from June, 2023, having previously been Sporting Director from June, 2020. Lange oversaw several high profile player transfers, a period that saw Aston Villa move to the top half of the table.

In 2014, Lange, having previously been an Assistant Coach, rejoined FC Copenhagen as Development Director and then Technical Director the same season.

Commenting on his appointment, Scott Munn, Chief Football Officer, said, “Johan has demonstrated an excellent track record of scouting and signing many talented and successful youth and senior players. He is a welcome addition as we strengthen our football operations.”

Wonder if we checked the gardening leave clause in his contract this time? Or if we'll now find out he cant start till 2025!

Anyone know any Villa fans to see what they made of him?

I'm not sure if his June 23 move was a promotion or a marginalising - any thoughts?

Wonder if we checked the gardening leave clause in his contract this time? Or if we'll now find out he cant start till 2025!

Anyone know any Villa fans to see what they made of him?

I'm not sure if his June 23 move was a promotion or a marginalising - any thoughts?

I wouldnt be worried about any of your inside knowledge...secretly love you GB and your whacky thoughts

Is there any or much difference between a Technical Director and a Director or Football?

I wonder if we have left a space open for him when his ban ends

My view is that job titles at that level don't necessarily give us a great idea of what their responsibilities are - if you look on the PL website where they list club employees you'll see that at most top clubs they tend to have several people employed with various job titles between CEO/Chairman and the first team manager - I think there's plenty of work to go around at that level, so the more stacked we are there the better.

Is there any or much difference between a Technical Director and a Director or Football?

I wonder if we have left a space open for him when his ban ends
Wasnt the Scandi guy from Everton recently Technical Director for us under Paratici?

Back