• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

But without this "middleman" the negotiations should run smoothly, if of course we are still interested.

Without this middleman levy actually has to negotiate face to face with porto something I can't see him wanting to do as it might actually mean he has to buy moutinho something I don't think he genuinely wants to.

Without this middleman levy actually has to negotiate face to face with porto something I can't see him wanting to do as it might actually mean he has to buy moutinho something I don't think he genuinely wants to.

Negotiations don't actually have to take place face to face!

Besides which, i don't buy your cynicism! I'm quite certain that Levy would love, if at all possible, to furnish AVB with the player he most wants.

Zahavi was an intermediary agent, not the player's but kind of a fix-it guy in the middle to get the club the best deal but his cut was huge and was causing deals to falter. This is how he makes his money..... his considerable money.

Moutinho and AVB have always had the same agent but now Porto can deal with them directly. It is their fault for getting involved with Zahavi but their philosophy is always to let players go for the price they set and it has worked in the past.

Cheers Danners, makes sense. Just poor wording from the ITK I suppose...

Somewhat interesting if true, wonder who would have pushed to get rid of Zahavi. Seems strange that Porto would be that unhappy considering they got to keep Moutinho and he's been playing really well by the reports while they got massive money from the Russians.

Maybe Moutinho pushing for a move?

Somewhat likely that Porto will have someone else do the job Zahavi did before though.

We're averaging 1.8 goals per game without one...

and we are still in 4th place with a danger of other teams over taking us. IT doesnt matter how many we average per game, its how many games we win which is important. With decent finishers we would average 4 goals per game... As shown against Sunderland, missing those two sitters could have cost us 2 points. A team is only as good as its weakest link.

I genuinely believe we'll get him + another striker.

Wouldnt mind us taking a punt on a young promising striker, no point spending big on a striker when weve got Defoe and Ade

Cheers Danners, makes sense. Just poor wording from the ITK I suppose...

Somewhat interesting if true, wonder who would have pushed to get rid of Zahavi. Seems strange that Porto would be that unhappy considering they got to keep Moutinho and he's been playing really well by the reports while they got massive money from the Russians.

Maybe Moutinho pushing for a move?

Somewhat likely that Porto will have someone else do the job Zahavi did before though.

Feels strange to me that Porto would sell, having already sold Hulk, but I don't know enough about it... as it was the agents causing issues last time over their %, maybe Porto have realised there is sustained interest in this deal from both sides that doesn't need someone touting their player all over the place.

Skeptical until it happens, but interesting anyway.

Joao Moutinho "If I were to tell you the deal was done I'd be lying, but it is very close now. I expect to be at Tottenham soon" #Spurs

Jizz.

We wouldnt be laughing as we would still need a decent forward...

When Ade has been out injured or suspended we have shown that we can manage with Defoe and Dempsey. Ade showed enough last season to know that he has it in him to be good enough. We have options up front.

Central midfield on the other hand, don't make me go look for the with/without Dembele stats again...

Feels strange to me that Porto would sell, having already sold Hulk, but I don't know enough about it... as it was the agents causing issues last time over their %, maybe Porto have realised there is sustained interest in this deal from both sides that doesn't need someone touting their player all over the place.

Skeptical until it happens, but interesting anyway.

Very interesting indeed :)

Another...

Moutinho quote "I would like this move to happen, Tottenham are a great club with great ambitions and a world class manager."

Moutinho quote "On way to London for a medical tomorrow, looking forward to meeting up with my new team mates."

Back