• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joao Moutinho

Over time we switch to a midfield trio of Sandro, Moutinho and Dembele.
This season it will be more about having quality to replace Dembele as he's going through a periode with injury concerns and fatigue.
We definitely need three top class internationals as first choice in midfield if we want to win the league and compete with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Our midfield is powerful at the moment, but we're clearly missing some intelligence and better passing quality - Moutinho will bring some of what Modric gave us.

They fight it out for the other spots. You need more than 11 players to have a successful season.

Yes! Real options. Not depending on several key players to stay fit to avoid dropping massively in ability.

Dempsey can play on the left and up front(/in the hole). Dembele can play in a more advanced role, or like rosenthal said in the centre alongside Moutinho and Sandro.

Would be a massive signing I think, one of the best midfielders we can possibly buy at this point in time I would guess.

Moutinho, Dembele and Sandro as a midfield 3 would score about 10 goals a season between them. Unless Bale can keep up his scoring and Lennon can start matching him, with Adebayor up front we would have serious problems scoring. I don't think we need Moutinho that much any more, Dembele has been a revelation. If we could get someone to play off the striker and get goals, some young competition for Dempsey, I think they would be a more useful signing.

Agree, I think 10 goals is pushing it as well. You'd need a right sided version of Bale and a prolific striker for it to work fully.

Tottenham_ITK ‏@Tottenham_ITK
The Moutinho deal is way more likely now Porto fired Zahavi for being greedy, he and AVB now share an agent. #THFC #Tottenham #COYS

The Moutinho deal is way more likely now Porto fired Zahavi for being greedy, he and AVB now share an agent. #THFC #Tottenham #COYS

Wait, what?

Can someone explain this to me? Porto fired Moutinho's agent? Or am I being tremendously slow in the uptake again?

I'd love to see us wrap this deal up this week. Would make a nice change to have a deal done early doors instead of the 31st

Lets be honest aquayid or whatever his name is aint got a clue and quite frankly going by some of his tweets is an attention seeking fluffy bunnies cuddling :) cue the onslaught from the 'itk' apologists who hang on their every word

Loosely translated from ITK that means we're thinking about following up our initial enquiery.

I know all these ITKs are clutching at straws,but I would love to wake up on NYD morning and read that we have signed Moutinho (just like the Modric deal). Nice cameo in front of the fans at the Reading match....I can dream I suppose

Moutinho's Porto have a decent draw in the next round of the CL; at this stage why on earth would Moutinho want to jump ship??

I smell BS

Moutinho's Porto have a decent draw in the next round of the CL; at this stage why on earth would Moutinho want to jump ship??

I smell BS

Only pessimistic fans would view 2 games in the CL as the be all, end all. He's not going to make a move to the Premier League, to a team doing well under his former manager who he has stated that he would love to play for again, in order to play 2 more games in the Champions league against Malaga? Don't be ridiculous. If you were talking about players in teams that could actually have a chance of winning it, and were in top leagues, then I might believe you, but even Willian wants to leave Shakhtar for us or Chelsea, because playing in the Ukrainian league is not like playing in the Premier league or La Liga.

Plus he would have come here in August, when our position was more uncertain, and Porto had the entire CL campaign ahead of them, so the idea that he doesn't want to come here now because Porto happen to still be in the CL is ridiculous imho.

Over time we switch to a midfield trio of Sandro, Moutinho and Dembele.
This season it will be more about having quality to replace Dembele as he's going through a periode with injury concerns and fatigue.
We definitely need three top class internationals as first choice in midfield if we want to win the league and compete with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Barcelona. Our midfield is powerful at the moment, but we're clearly missing some intelligence and better passing quality - Moutinho will bring some of what Modric gave us.

I laughed at this at first, but it's true that if we signed Moutinho our midfield at least would stack up favorably with Bayern and Madrid. Imo we are only a few players away from having one of the best teams in the world. It will be frustrating if we don't take the chance we have now with other top teams in the premier league relatively weak at the moment. We could really put together something special with 3 signings - say Moutinho, Llorente, and someone like Isco/Willian.

Zahavi was an intermediary agent, not the player's but kind of a fix-it guy in the middle to get the club the best deal but his cut was huge and was causing deals to falter. This is how he makes his money..... his considerable money.

Moutinho and AVB have always had the same agent but now Porto can deal with them directly. It is their fault for getting involved with Zahavi but their philosophy is always to let players go for the price they set and it has worked in the past.

Zahavi was an intermediary agent, not the player's but kind of a fix-it guy in the middle to get the club the best deal but his cut was huge and was causing deals to falter. This is how he makes his money..... his considerable money.

Moutinho and AVB have always had the same agent but now Porto can deal with them directly. It is their fault for getting involved with Zahavi but their philosophy is always to let players go for the price they set and it has worked in the past.

But without this "middleman" the negotiations should run smoothly, if of course we are still interested.

Back