• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Javier Hernandez

Re: The Little Pea....Javier Hernandez

[video=youtube;I4GbEcY_-1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I4GbEcY_-1M#t=18[/video]

It must say something about AVB's footballing philosophy that both Soldado and Hernandez are goal merchants and very little else.

I suppose it says AVB expect goals from all over the park, expects delivery to the strikers to be incisive and precise, and expects a lot of players to be getting forward whenever we're on offence.

(Assuming the Hernandez rumour is true.)

It must say something about AVB's footballing philosophy that both Soldado and Hernandez are goal merchants and very little else.

I suppose it says AVB expect goals from all over the park, expects delivery to the strikers to be incisive and precise, and expects a lot of players to be getting forward whenever we're on offence.

(Assuming the Hernandez rumour is true.)

we will have long shots with poachers following up too.

Javier "they said I could be anything, so I became a benchwarmer' Hernandez would not leave the United bench to warm ours.

I think that this would be a great signing.... proven goal scorer (and he has been a benchwarmer).... I think he has been unfortunate to have rooney and van persie in front of him (amongst others over the years) and if he got more playing time he would become a much better player. That said obviously Soldado would remain my first choice, but I heard somewhere we could end up playing 60+ games this season (not sure how true this is)... but if so, there will be plenty of time for rotation in there, and he adds to an already decent squad AVB, Baldini & Levy are putting together.

And bearing in mind we were 'a one man team' last season.... we now have proven goalscorers in soldado, paulinho + lamela (fingers crossed), add hernandez and eriksen to this and that will completely get rid of any critics wondering where we are going to create and score goals this season

Last edited:

Yes please! Always liked him, but cant really see it happening.

No. Not now we have Soldado. If we are in for another striker I'd quite like a different option type of striker

I could see it happening. Only 25, and surplus to requirements at United. Just need Ade to go, and potentially Defoe as well.

Always a threat for Mexico, I think he'd be a great addition to the squad.

I like him, lighning fast, good movement and great finisher. He'd play a lot more for us than at United too. I'm pretty sure Soldado isn't going to play EVERY game! AVB has said he likes to have the option of playing 4-4-2 at times as well.

Selling either Ade or Defoe and getting this guy in for a few million more would be fantastic business! Hernandez is younger, quicker and a much better finisher - what's not to like?!?

He'd be 2nd in line here where as he's 4th in line there?

He would have more people to speak Spanish too?

I donno.

Not really.

United frequently play two out of van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez. Personally I don't think we would ever start Soldado and Hernandez at the same time, but even if it happened once or twice his overall situation would be very similar at Spurs. A clear backup option.

Not really.

United frequently play two out of van Persie, Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez. Personally I don't think we would ever start Soldado and Hernandez at the same time, but even if it happened once or twice his overall situation would be very similar at Spurs. A clear backup option.

Yep, a like for like backup to Soldado. Defoe would likely be shifted if we brought him in I would think.

It's probably good business considering his age but I like Defoe. He's been good to us if a little streaky in his goal scoring. Viewed objectively we should upgrade Defoe with a younger model, but I'd like to think there is still room for a bit of loyalty in the game.

Back