• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Javier Hernandez

Good player and all but I'm not too sure we need a like for like Defoe replacement. I would prefer we went for someone with a better all round game.

Good player and all but I'm not too sure we need a like for like Defoe replacement. I would prefer we went for someone with a better all round game.

Agreed.

Hernandez isn't a very good footballer. Deadly finisher though mind you.

agreed but we have to be realistic here. It is the same old story we face every window, I don't see many top strikers available (if any) and if they were both in our budget and willing to come to us? Think that is a very long shot especially this late in the window.

I would certianly take Hernandez proven finisher and would add some depth which we badly need playing more 4-4-2 and with Soldado out of form

A few years ago under Arry when we used Bale and Lennon bombing down the wings I'd of bit your hand off to sign Hernandez. His best asset other than his finishing is ghosting around box where he can feed off crosses.

But as Spurs are setup today I'm not sure we could give him the service not unlike Soldado, and even if we setup in a 442 we just don't have anyone to deliver the quality into the box from the wide areas anymore.

Not top half quality and far too expensive as a backup.

My dad's family is originally from Mexico, so I watch almost all of their matches, and three words spring to mind: PLEASE GHod NO. He's been absolute **** for the last 18 months or so, and while he was the great hope, nowadays I rate Vela, GDS, and even Oribe Peralta (you'd only really have heard of him if you watch El Tri) above him. I'd much prefer Kane.

My dad's family is originally from Mexico, so I watch almost all of their matches, and three words spring to mind: PLEASE GHod NO. He's been absolute **** for the last 18 months or so, and while he was the great hope, nowadays I rate Vela, GDS, and even Oribe Peralta (you'd only really have heard of him if you watch El Tri) above him. I'd much prefer Kane.

He was doing well until he got that bang on the head and weeks of concussion, never been the same since.

Any type of striker can play together with Adebayor. What we need to replace Defoe as a depth option,
is a striker that can both play alone up front and be able to form a partnership with Soldado.
That striker ain't Hernandez, and the it's january transfer window excuse doesn't go when we know Berbatov is available.

I can see why AVB wanted him (like-for-like option for Soldado), but he doesn't suit Timmeh's counter attacking style at all. His game is all about clever movement in and around the box when the team is already high up the pitch.

I've always liked him as a player and Imo would have been useful.

He doesnt really fit what we seem to be looking for though and I'm not sure he'd improve the first team so it makes sense we haven't moved for him (as far as we know).

Glad he's playing in a different league now, at a decent attacking PL club he could have been very dangerous.

I think If you was to sort that by minutes played it would tell a different story

Hernandez has had the benefit of being an impact sub in the best team in the league. When they're coasting 2-0 or occasionally throwing the kitchen sink at someone you're likely to get the odd goal just by being on the pitch.

Back