• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Javier Hernandez

Re: The Little Pea....Javier Hernandez

but when you play two up top as your prefered formation, you need different types of strikers to create the space and link up - that won't be our default, but will be an option we can use if/when needed.

the theory that because he will be Soldado's understudy means we shouldn't sign him is a very risky one, as it assumed Soldado will a) not get injured, b) not lose form and c) be able to sustain at least a moderate level of form for 60 games.
the only i can think that can acheive a,b and c are Messi, Ronaldo and RVP.

we will be looking for top 4, a domestic cup win and a EL win this season - that will involve A LOT of players playing in different competitions.
with our primary formation being 1 goalscorer up top, it is ESSENTIAL we have a player like Soldado as an alternative option.

To repeat myself. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good deal for us. I'm saying that I don't understand why he would agree to join us.

To repeat myself. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be a good deal for us. I'm saying that I don't understand why he would agree to join us.

to repeat myself - he has a greater chance of more game time and greater opportunity to get a run in the team with Spurs than he does at Utd.

to repeat myself - he has a greater chance of more game time and greater opportunity to get a run in the team with Spurs than he does at Utd.

Yes, and like I've pointed out above I think that difference is marginal if present. We probably just have to agree to disagree on that one.

I was just clarifying my viewpoint as your previous post was on if the deal makes sense for us or not and I don't disagree with your points there.

Yes, and like I've pointed out above I think that difference is marginal if present. We probably just have to agree to disagree on that one.

I was just clarifying my viewpoint as your previous post was on if the deal makes sense for us or not and I don't disagree with your points there.

and lets be honest, its irrelevant anyway.

Soldado will break down in training on Fri with a innocuous injury, we'll sign Carlton Cole as an emergency striker for the NLD and then on 3rd Sept, Soldado's scan will rule him out for the season.

and lets be honest, its irrelevant anyway.

Soldado will break down in training on Fri with a innocuous injury, we'll sign Carlton Cole as an emergency striker for the NLD and then on 3rd Sept, Soldado's scan will rule him out for the season.

:lol:

Selling either Ade or Defoe and getting this guy in for a few million more would be fantastic business! Hernandez is younger, quicker and a much better finisher - what's not to like?!?

It does appear this is the aspect of our forward line AVB has been most keen to address.

Under Redknapp and our counter attacking I would have said get Hernandez in, in fact I did on a few occasions. Under AVB and our slow build up play I'm not so sure Hernandez would have as big an impact, he doesn't really add anything other than box poaching and I think he'd struggle to get the service he needs from the wings due to inverted wingers or the space to run into due as I mention our slow build up play int he final third.

Same can be said of Soldado?

I think he'd be a fantastic option off the bench and would definitely strengthen our squad.

Ade is a different option to Soldado but I can see Ade and Pea playing together.

We will not always be coasting to wins in the last 20 minutes.

We're on the boarderline of what we can balance of foreign and home grown players.
Replacing an english player with a foreigner is not very likely at the moment.

We're on the boarderline of what we can balance of foreign and home grown players.

I really dont think the Europa League is gonna have much effect on transfer policy tbh.

We don't need 25 players. We can go with 17 foreigners and the likes of Walker, Naughton, Rose, Lennon, Townsend, Defoe are still here. Were fine, I'd rather we had a Belgian and Braziliant contingent instead of over priced British hoof ball merchants.

Chicharrito apparently warming up during the Liverpool match now. Doesn't sound as if he's on offer.

[TWEET]428021585052971008[/TWEET]

Spurs make offer for Javier Hernandez, he's now to decide between Spurs, Monaco and Atletico.

Defoe upgrade but i doubt he will choose Spurs ahead of Monaco and A Madrid

Back