• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Japhet Tanganga

I think it was really smart

- He'd put in a huge performance, he's been a bit unlucky with injuries (last 5-10 minutes, tiring, could tweak something)
- It gave him the opportunity to get a standing ovation he will never forget in his lifetime

Brave call by Nuno, turned out brilliant.
In hindsight the decision can be rationalised as you have done, but if Doherty messed up then it would have been egg+face time. Tanganga was performing at peak ability for the whole match right up to the substitution. So to sub one of our top performing players for no discernable reason was curious to me. Anyway, it worked out so I'm more than willing to completely never think about it again. And as you say I'm sure he enjoyed the applause.

In hindsight the decision can be rationalised as you have done, but if Doherty messed up then it would have been egg+face time. Tanganga was performing at peak ability for the whole match right up to the substitution. So to sub one of our top performing players for no discernable reason was curious to me. Anyway, it worked out so I'm more than willing to completely never think about it again. And as you say I'm sure he enjoyed the applause.

That's a coaches life, it comes off = genius, it doesn't = donkey.

We don't know f he was feeling tight or they thought they saw something with City's changes ..

For now i would leave him at RB, he may well end up at CB but it will be easier for him to settle at RB for now.
Will be interesting to see what he can do against different opposition. He might be a very good option for an attacking wonky formation, but we'll see.

So far no manager has trusted him to play CB, I think that will take time if it happens.

It's interesting what having a full back that just doesn't get dribbled past does to a team, the tactical options or gives you.

I think he will be wasted at CB. RB looks to be his strength. He is physically strong, good on the ball and can get forward. He IMHO can be better than Wan Bissaka and with the right coaching - who knows the limit. His greatest risk are the injuries.

I think he will be wasted at CB. RB looks to be his strength. He is physically strong, good on the ball and can get forward. He IMHO can be better than Wan Bissaka and with the right coaching - who knows the limit. His greatest risk are the injuries.

People love to see wingers pretending to be fullbacks, great to see a fullback doing his job of defending.

I think his limitations are exposed at CB, at RB he looks the part.

He needs a run of games now, hopefully the previous injuries have just been bad luck, impact type and he is over that now.

Why was he subbed? I thought that was a weird one. Doherty did OK to be fair but I didn't see a good reason for the sub.
I think he was subbed to protect him from getting a card. I don't think he looked tired and he handled the entire right hand side by himself.

People love to see wingers pretending to be fullbacks, great to see a fullback doing his job of defending.

Seemed that both him and Reggie were told to not be too adventurous and prioritise the defending yesterday as you'd expect, think Reggie maybe got forward a bit at times but Japhs side was clearly the danger and he was just terrific.

Can't remember the games exactly but he's played quite well and been rather good previously when pushing forward, I'm just hoping he can stay fit and crack on.

Luckily he is such a Christian fundamentalist (look at his twitter likes) that he turned down a loan to Turkey

He seems a well-adjusted young man who loves Jesus and actually allows that to impact his life.
I am delighted.

Also, it seems he REALLY prepared for playing against Sterling, preparation that paid off.

gy0j64p2hoh71.jpg

I also think that because he is only 1.84m a number of managers regard that as being not tall enough for a central defender, particularly in a back 4.

Personally I think he has the opportunity to make the right back slot his own. I do not care if he is not the most offensive of right backs if he continues to produce performances of similar quality as he yesterday.

Personally I think he has the opportunity to make the right back slot his own. I do not care if he is not the most offensive of right backs if he continues to produce performances of similar quality as he yesterday.

He does, it comes down to two things for me

- Injuries, he's got to keep himself fit
- His big performances have been against amazing opposition (his game against Pool, yesterday against City), got to do it week in, week out and against lesser opposition

I also think that because he is only 1.84m a number of managers regard that as being not tall enough for a central defender, particularly in a back 4.
I think he's strong enough to make it work.

But if it will be his best position I don't know.

Will have some development to do in either role I think, but it's a good problem to have.
I do care if it makes us less effective going forward.

Reguilon or Sessegnon as more attacking left backs we probably can make it work. Will depend quite a bit on who the right winger and right sided midfielder is though.

If Tanganga could develop his ball playing abilities a bit overall, get reasonably good at crossing, he could be immense as a more defensive right back.

Would love to see him attack the box/far post from crosses at times in games against smaller teams.

Seemed that both him and Reggie were told to not be too adventurous and prioritise the defending yesterday as you'd expect, think Reggie maybe got forward a bit at times but Japhs side was clearly the danger and he was just terrific.

Can't remember the games exactly but he's played quite well and been rather good previously when pushing forward, I'm just hoping he can stay fit and crack on.
Don't do Reggie down. Emirates Marketing Project have absolutely torn sides apart previously through Mahrez and Cancelo/Walker on their right. It just didn't happen yesterday, and I think a large part of that is down to Reggie and Alli's hard work.

Don't do Reggie down. Emirates Marketing Project have absolutely torn sides apart previously through Mahrez and Cancelo/Walker on their right. It just didn't happen yesterday, and I think a large part of that is down to Reggie and Alli's hard work.

Agreed, was a very professional performance from him other than that dive.

Back