• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

We must not under any circumstance pay 80 mill for a player, ffs. Just forget about it. No player is ever going to live up to that price tag. Leave it. Get someone else in.

We must not under any circumstance pay 80 mill for a player, ffs. Just forget about it. No player is ever going to live up to that price tag. Leave it. Get someone else in.

Is a GG poster asking our chairman not to spend money? Have I stumbled into a weird parallel universe?

What could go wrong. Big money signing for our attack. He could be the next Rebrov, Postiga or Soldado...oh right.

Presumably Moura. But the problem is both Diaz and Son strongly favour the left side.
That’s what someone else has told me.

Don’t get me wrong it’s great to have strength in depth but if he’s competition for Son it’s an odd one, given other weaknesses we have in the first x1 z.

Don’t get me wrong it’s great to have strength in depth but if he’s competition for Son it’s an odd one, given other weaknesses we have in the first x1 z.

I guess they could keep it fluid, like Alli and Eriksen used to when they switched between right and central

Let’s be fair, as much as we love Son it’s not like he is irreplaceable. Even now his form is still patchy, he goes missing for a good chunk of the season. Having genuine quality that he could rotate with and have genuine competition with could enhance Son. Also it gives us a far better dynamic with Diaz and Traore as attacking options, we would automatically look so much more dangerous even without upgrading our CMs.

That being said, I really doubt this will happen. We get this one big European name crop up every window and amounts to nothing - already reports are saying deal will be difficult to do etc How many times we heard that before…..

A proper CF is higher priority, but frankly any creativity is welcome

It is just this windows moutinho/dybala. Nothing will happen. We will still be discussing it on deadline day with ssn saying spurs still hope to beat the deadline blah blah and then it will pass and we will hear about how they did all they could but his 58 agents made it difficult blah blah hope to revisit in the summer. YAWN

Oh and why didn’t we find him 2 and half years ago when Porto signed him? Cos we have total brick scouts.

It is just this windows moutinho/dybala. Nothing will happen. We will still be discussing it on deadline day with ssn saying spurs still hope to beat the deadline blah blah and then it will pass and we will hear about how they did all they could but his 58 agents made it difficult blah blah hope to revisit in the summer. YAWN

Oh and why didn’t we find him 2 and half years ago when Porto signed him? Cos we have total brick scouts.

You could be right - lets see. On the scouts point, the Portuguese teams regularly uncover decent players from Latam. Should poach their entire departments!

Back