• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

January Transfer Thread - it couldn't open and close any quicker

My bad

Steven Bergwijn is back in the picture with Ajax, who want the winger in January as a loan with a future transfer for relatively “next to nothing”.

I do wonder about these reports when they start saying the manager hasn’t spoken to the player, or he’s been given the cold shoulder, etc.

I mean, does that really happen? You turn up at a club and just blank someone?
At the end of the Leeds game Bergwijn came off the bench after the whistle and Conte high fived him or something like that and said something to him.
Personally I think those sort of reports are more often than not a load of gonads, just there to add meat to the bones….

Daily Record in Scotland reporting that we want £10m from Celtic for 2CV. £6m plus two add ons.
Don’t know why we’d play hardball over this, he’s unlikely to make our first team now.

Daily Record in Scotland reporting that we want £10m from Celtic for 2CV. £6m plus two add ons.
Don’t know why we’d play hardball over this, he’s unlikely to make our first team now.

He's done well up here, but that price is a bit silly.

At the end of the Leeds game Bergwijn came off the bench after the whistle and Conte high fived him or something like that and said something to him.
Personally I think those sort of reports are more often than not a load of gonads, just there to add meat to the bones….

That's one of the two times they've spoken. #FACT

£10m is fair value. He is a good player imo. Needs to play for a couple of years, then could easily be worth double.

£10m is fair value. He is a good player imo. Needs to play for a couple of years, then could easily be worth double.

I'm not sure - short contract and turns like an oil tanker. We did get £8m for Steven Caulker once I suppose, although he was quite a lot better. £5m seems more realistic.

We really should have just don't a player + cash swap for Edouard last summer

I repeat -

Marcelo Brozovic - six months on his contract come January.

Andrea Belotti - six months on his contract come January.

Alessio Romagnoli - six months on his contract come January.

Franck Kessie - six months on his contract come January.

Niklas Sule - six months on his contract come January.

Boubacar Kamara - six months on his contract come January.

Jesus Corona - six months on his contract come January.

Jason Denayer - six months on his contract come January.

Matthias Ginter - six months on his contract come January.

Denis Zakaria - six months on his contract come January.

Good list. You've got half the players listed in this story running in today's Guardian:

Ten signings Premier League clubs should target in January | Transfer window | The Guardian

(hmm, won't let me link properly)

I repeat -

Will some re-sign before January? Sure. Will others be available that will improve us? Definitely. Will clubs prefer to get decent fees for them over losing them on frees? Definitely, and even more so if COVID closes their stadiums again.

This is no time for any more of the pathetic, measly flimflam that passes for excuses from the likes of Dan and Steve 'I hate January' Hitchen.

We need good players who care about winning. Loads are available in January. Make a move, bring in three or more.

As for getting players out, chuck them to Barnsley if they want them, that's their level - if we mess around with needing to sell to buy, Conte will walk, I am sure of it. And while I will be happy for the protests against Dan and his tax exile boss that will follow...the discord will hurt the club.

No more time or space for excuses. Time to deliver.
Süle is one we should be all over. Would be nice if he was left-footed too, but the dude's a friggin beast.

I repeat -

Will some re-sign before January? Sure. Will others be available that will improve us? Definitely. Will clubs prefer to get decent fees for them over losing them on frees? Definitely, and even more so if COVID closes their stadiums again.

This is no time for any more of the pathetic, measly flimflam that passes for excuses from the likes of Dan and Steve 'I hate January' Hitchen.

We need good players who care about winning. Loads are available in January. Make a move, bring in three or more.

As for getting players out, chuck them to Barnsley if they want them, that's their level - if we mess around with needing to sell to buy, Conte will walk, I am sure of it. And while I will be happy for the protests against Dan and his tax exile boss that will follow...the discord will hurt the club.

No more time or space for excuses. Time to deliver.

World Cup being later instead of in the summer could help us.

I think three or more deals for players that would be expected to strengthen either our starting 11 or be considered very good bench options really quickly, immediate impact type signings, is a lot in January. Can't think of many clubs where that's happened? Would be a real statement if we could make that happen. My expectations are a bit lower than that.

Selling players isn't as easy as you make it sound, but if the incoming deals are affordable perhaps some loans out will be possible.

Back