• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

Re: Jan Vertonghen official

In future, if we decide to play a second DM in the team i reckon he'd be the better option rather than Livermore.
That's not a bad call, with Jan having to play left back sometimes i forgot he offers a decent DM option too. Its been said he doesn't like LB anyone know his feelings about the DM position? He clearly likes to score a goal.

That's not a bad call, with Jan having to play left back sometimes i forgot he offers a decent DM option too. Its been said he doesn't like LB anyone know his feelings about the DM position? He clearly likes to score a goal.

He'll play where hes told, hes a team player...

Seem to recall when he was at LB earlier in the season Jan insisting his best and preferred position was CB, that was where he wanted to get back to.

But what a brilliant suggestion, especially as we have enough quality at CB with Dawson, Caulker and hopefully soon the return of Kaboul.

Hope AVB reads this forum!

He has the ability to be a world class CB, why in the hell would we want him to play elsewere.

He has the ability to be a world class CB, why in the hell would we want him to play elsewere.
Because we have ample cover at CB in Caulker.

If i had a choice between Caulker at CB and Verts at DM, or Verts at CB, and Livermore at DM, im picking option 1 every time

livermore is a good squad player nothing more. we're not in a position to afford and manage that much quality on the bench

Seem to recall an interview when he signed saying he chose us over the goons partly because they wanted him to play DM..

Seem to recall an interview when he signed saying he chose us over the goons partly because they wanted him to play DM..

no, he wanted to play centre back.

Arsenal apparently didnt guarantee him that and were thinking of having him lb.

Because we have ample cover at CB in Caulker.

If i had a choice between Caulker at CB and Verts at DM, or Verts at CB, and Livermore at DM, im picking option 1 every time

Then we find another player to play at DM, what we do not do is play our best CB out of posistion.

Yeah but haven't you noticed, the majority of those are safe passes across the back to Daws?

Not criticizing mind, just calling into question the validity of bland stats like that.

Very true. I neglected to mention this stat in that previous post which is more telling for a defender.

Twitter / SpursStatMan: Jan Vertonghen has won possession 169 times this season, the 10th most frequent of all players in the Premier League.

This. Verts as a DM would be a square round peg hole.

you guys are doing it again. not saying that i dont agree with you and park lane but you shouldnt always be closed minded

remember the bale situation? If it helps the team get a better mesh then it shouldnt matter where you put someone as long as they can physically handle the rigours of that position

having said that we dont need jan there , we have parker and sandro for that role, and i think we would potentially be losing more if he were moved from CB than we would gain from him in DM

where are player is world class is really unimportant, its where he plays to make his team a world class unit that is.

this is why i love fergie and wenger and Louie Van gaal, all coaches wont hesitate to re-shape a player for the team. even the world class ones

you guys are doing it again. not saying that i dont agree with you and park lane but you shouldnt always be closed minded

remember the bale situation? If it helps the team get a better mesh then it shouldnt matter where you put someone as long as they can physically handle the rigours of that position

having said that we dont need jan there , we have parker and sandro for that role, and i think we would potentially be losing more if he were moved from CB than we would gain from him in DM

where are player is world class is really unimportant, its where he plays to make his team a world class unit that is.

this is why i love fergie and wenger and Louie Van gaal, all coaches wont hesitate to re-shape a player for the team. even the world class ones

spot on!

Except Vertonghen has said he wants to play as a CD. Play him where he is happy and dont make him unhappy by moving him about the fudging park.

Just to clarify, in my initial post i never once said he should be first choice, i made the point that if it ever got to the stage where we had to play two DMs again (bearing in mind Sandro is injured and is not in contention) then I'd rather play Vertonghen as opposed to Livermore. So essentially a third choice emergency DM. Thought that would have been pretty clear.

That said, I'm pretty confident Vertonghen would be a pretty decent first choice DM also, he has all the attributes to thrive in that area. But considering we have Sandro and Parker at our disposal in addition to the fact that Verts is great at CB we don't really need to go there.

Except Vertonghen has said he wants to play as a CD. Play him where he is happy and dont make him unhappy by moving him about the fudging park.

Wasn't he even quoted rejecting Arsenal because Wenger wanted him to play DM?

Back