• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

I love options but having 2 or 3 of richarlison, maddison, moura and kulu on the bench while we're weak at rwb and defence doesn't make sense to me.

Which is my point. If conte wanted to play 352 and kulu can play there, why haven't we before?

It would only be played if maddison plays.

Conte came in mid season and seemingly had a small group of players he trusted, he didn't have the time or squad to drill multiple set ups - next season he will have more players that he trusts and will have had more time on the training pitch to work with them.

Edit : plus of course a formation is dependent on more than one solitary player - perhaps attacking wingbacks are even more important in a 352 than in a 343 to Conte and now with Spence & Perisic in the squad that will dampen the need for 2x WFs

I love options but having 2 or 3 of richarlison, maddison, moura and kulu on the bench while we're weak at rwb and defence doesn't make sense to me.

Moura as second back up option in attack is no better than having Sanchez as second back up option in defence(imv a bit worse actually) - so the same argument for strengthening defence before attack can be made.

Buying another attacker doesn't stop us strengthening elsewhere anyway, i hspprn to think we will buy in defence and attack before the close of the window but itvwill depend on shifting the deadwood

Moura as second back up option in attack is no better than having Sanchez as second back up option in defence(imv a bit worse actually) - so the same argument for strengthening defence before atrack can be made.

Buying another attacker doesn't stop us strengthening elsewhere anyway so even less of a concern

Might be why we spent £50-60m on richarlison. Another £60-70m on maddison seems ott.

If we can afford to drop 60m ball park figures on players now we're in the stadium and back in the CL that's great and what we should be doing if we want to increase our chances of fighting it out with City & Liverpool - both those teams have 5/6 good options for attack whereas we have 4, one more and we're matching them in that area of the pitch for quality & depth (Moura is not that level)

If we can afford to drop 60m ball park figures on players now we're in the stadium and back in the CL that's great and what we should be doing if we want to increase our chances of fighting it out with City & Liverpool - both those teams have 5/6 good options for attack whereas we have 4, one more and we're matching them in that area of the pitch for quality & depth (Moura is not that level)

If money is no object fine. If it is a zero sum game though i'd rather we get a class starter in cb or rwb.

If money is no object fine. If it is a zero sum game though i'd rather we get a class starter in cb or rwb.

I don't think another RWB is on our radar after Spence.

I think we'll wait till the end of the window then slap down some money for that Gvardiol- he has a release clause for next summer i read so if he isn't signing a new deal now RB might be more open to selling at more reasonable price by that point.

Depending on sales we potentially have the guts of the '150m' ENIC share money available - I'd like to think without that, normally we would be able to spend around 70-100 net so with it, why not more?

Last edited:

I think we'll wait till the end of the window then slap down some money for that Gvardiol- he has a release clause for next summer i read so if he isn't signing a new deal now RB might be more open to selling at more reasonable price by that point.

Depending on sales we potentially have the guts of the '150m' ENIC share money available - I'd like to think with that we would be able to spend around 70-100 net without the investment so with it, why not?

why not in which case hold back for better options rather than finding ourselves with the regular cash available for the next windows.

would anyone else splash £60 mill on Maddison?

all for strengthening the first team and squad. Rather us go big for josko this year rather than be prized out next year.

Depending on sales we potentially have the guts of the '150m' ENIC share money available - I'd like to think without that, normally we would be able to spend around 70-100 net so with it investment why not more?

Paratici, conte and levy would have worked out finances. If it works great.

I was just voicing a concern. Nothing more.

why not in which case hold back for better options rather than finding ourselves with the regular cash available for the next windows.

would anyone else splash £60 mill on Maddison?

all for strengthening the first team and squad. Rather us go big for josko this year rather than be prized out next year.

Well i happen to believe that Maddison is a top talent who is ready to step up to the big stage so i don't see any benefit in waiting for someone else next year, who exactly are we waiting for? are there any attacking midfielders in one of Europes big leagues not yet in their peak years hitting 30 goal involvements over a season who are available at a more reasonable price?

Last edited:
Well i happen to believe that Maddison is a top talent who is ready to step up to the big stage so i don't see any benefit in waiting for someone else next year, who exactly are we waiting for? are there any attacking midfielders abroad not yet in their peak years hitting 30 goal involvements over a season in one of the big leagues that are available at a more reasonable price?

Leicester have been as 'big a stage' as us over the last 6 years, won stuff. He/they have played Champions League and been to Cup finals. Where and how is Maddison suddenly going to find something to take his game to 'another level'? Why are we suddenly a bigger team and a better platform that will get more out of him?

Leicester have been as 'big a stage' as us over the last 6 years, won stuff. He/they have played Champions League and been to Cup finals. Where and how is Maddison suddenly going to find something to take his game to 'another level'? Why are we suddenly a bigger team and a better platform that will get more out of him?

Huh - Leicester have been a rung below us the last few years, despite us being in our worst form for a decade. We have this last season made huge strides forwards and will be looking, under Conte, to push to challenge the top 2 - Leicester will remain a non top 6 club hoping to get in when one of the regs have a bad year.

Maddison comes here he will be playing and training under an elite manager and will be surrounded by top talent - exactly the type of move that sees players kick on a level or two.

Last edited:
Huh - Leicester have been a rung below us the last few years, despite us being in our worst form for a decade. We have this ladt season made huge strides forwards and will be looking, under Conte, to push to challenge the top 2 - Leicester will remain a non top 6 club hoping to get in when one of the regs gave a bad year.

Maddison comes here he will be playing and training under an elite manager and will be surrounded by top talent - exactly the type of move that sees players kick on a level or two.

They finished above us 19/20 and 20/21 and won the fa cup.

They finished above us 19/20 and 20/21 and won the fa cup.

Fair do's i forgot how bad it got under Mourinho - overall point is that the big stage that he would be stepping up to is where we are now and where we are looking to be, not where we were the couple of seasons prior. Leicester are not a top 6 club, certainly not a top 4 club - we are and hopefully going to be pushing on beyond that further still

Well i happen to believe that Maddison is a top talent who is ready to step up to the big stage so i don't see any benefit in waiting for someone else next year, who exactly are we waiting for? are there any attacking midfielders in one of Europes big leagues not yet in their peak years hitting 30 goal involvements over a season who are available at a more reasonable price?

game is about opinions. I don’t get his work rate levels matching up to conte demands.

would rather spend money on josko gvardiol with a higher ceiling of potential in his position.

Madison would have no resale value by the time he finds himself playing off the bench most of the time, again in my opinion.

what other players are out there that would come to spurs with this current set up willing to work to conte work rate demands is what I’d ask you. I’m assuming you have scoured the leagues and thought actually James Maddison is the answer.

Fair do's i forgot how bad it got under Mourinho - overall point is that the big stage that he would be stepping up to is where we are now and where we are looking to be, not where we were the couple of seasons prior. Leicester are not a top 6 club, certainly not a top 4 club - we are and hopefully going to be pushing on beyond that further still

only if the manager stays.

I’ve lost track a bit of all the rumours - has there been anything credible (or vaguely credible) that we are interested in him?

game is about opinions. I don’t get his work rate levels matching up to conte demands.

would rather spend money on josko gvardiol with a higher ceiling of potential in his position.

Madison would have no resale value by the time he finds himself playing off the bench most of the time, again in my opinion.

what other players are out there that would come to spurs with this current set up willing to work to conte work rate demands is what I’d ask you. I’m assuming you have scoured the leagues and thought actually James Maddison is the answer.

I place a lot of importance on being Premier League proven and JM is posting big numbers here - give me that over any player abroad with the same return or similar all day long. Going by what he has said previously i think Conte values PL experience highly as well.

Wrt to work rate i don't know how anyone can claim to have watched much of Maddison and say he doesn't work hard - if he comes to Tottenham to play under Conte he'll know what he's signing up for anyway.

Back