• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

Conte is a top manager but he's not a miracle worker, the club now has the backing/clout to challenge - he wouldn't be here if we didn't. There will be other top managers to walk through our doors after Conte

agreed but not too many about that have his pedigree. He is the first proper manager to be in his prime rock up and also bend levy’s will.

just hope levy sticks to this plan and see it through as with the manager.

I place a lot of importance on being Premier League proven and JM is posting big numbers here - give me that over any player abroad with the same return or similar all day long. Going by what he has said previously i think Conte values PL experience highly as well.

Wrt to work rate i don't know how anyone can claim to have watched much of Maddison and say he doesn't work hard - if he comes to Tottenham to play under Conte he'll know what he's signing up for anyway.

honestly have a big family and friends base that follow Leicester and all say that Maddison fades in and out of games and is not consistent with form. Very streaky. Could dismantle many teams on his day but equally lathargic in others.

i get that we need options and would be great if he was home grown and in the Premiership, but just think he will go the way of Bentley.

however if paratici and conte want him and the money is spent then I’ll happily sit back and enjoy the ride.

agreed but not too many about that have his pedigree. He is the first proper manager to be in his prime rock up and also bend levy’s will.

just hope levy sticks to this plan and see it through as with the manager.

So do i, when you have a good manager and everything clicks you need to run with it, because there is no guarentee the next manager clicks no matter how good they are on paper, which is what i think we are doing now this summer (and January gone tbf).

So do i, when you have a good manager and everything clicks you need to run with it - which is what i think we are doing now this summer (and January gone tbf).

All over to conte in this respect. If and if we need a few more players it creates massive, and I mean massive expectancy. Not saying that we win the league, but this squad with conte, and the backing needs;

A) close the gap with City and Liverpool in a big way.

B) At least be in a final/and or win a cup

C) Go very deep in the champions league

D) No collapsing against the soo called bigger teams when they are there for the taking.

honestly have a big family and friends base that follow Leicester and all say that Maddison fades in and out of games and is not consistent with form. Very streaky. Could dismantle many teams on his day but equally lathargic in others.

i get that we need options and would be great if he was home grown and in the Premiership, but just think he will go the way of Bentley.

however if paratici and conte want him and the money is spent then I’ll happily sit back and enjoy the ride.

That sounds to me like he fades in and out wrt to output rather than his work rate - though that could just be the way you worded it. It's funny i know a fella that lives in Leicester and does community coaching for them - he thinks Maddison is a dingdonghead but has the potential to be a top tier player and destined to join one of the top 6 sooner or later.

Edit : also this shows where Maddison has room to grow and step up - nailing that consistency week in week out/ every time he steps out on the pitch. Do that from where he is now and yeah he's a player anyone would want

Last edited:
only if the manager stays.

Why should he leave?

He left juve when they sold £31m worth of players more than they bought.
Chelsea it was buying players he didn't want.
Inter sold the best players and asked him to take a pay cut.

We can fund transfers. Maybe not like city or psg, but we're not poor.

Why should he leave?

He left juve when they sold £31m worth of players more than they bought.
Chelsea it was buying players he didn't want.
Inter sold the best players and asked him to take a pay cut.

We can fund transfers. Maybe not like city or psg, but we're not poor.

In fairness we have a history of falling out with managers and DoFs over transfers so it's not out of the question to think it could happen again. However things do look like they are changing now we are banking stadium money

In fairness we have a history of falling out with managers and DoFs over transfers so it's not out of the question to think it could happen again. However things do look like they are changing now we are banking stadium money

Over 10 years we paid £640m for the stadium and training ground. Not what we borrowed, we paid. We also had to keep a level of profit so that we got the loans for the stadium at a reduced interest rate.

Now we have 30 years to pay the £800m we owe, with increased revenue from the stadium, getir, nbc deal etc...

We can afford players. As long as no more covid.

Exactly what my mate said, said he has the ability but its either injuries or inconsistences that let him down, he is 25 and should have more than one cap, tells its own story. Im ok if we get him, but talk of him being one of the best in the world which I saw on twitter is way off

Comes across as an arrogant chav. The King of the Chavs. Me not like that.

D-vXTcRWkAUP1V4.jpg:large

Comes across as an arrogant chav. The King of the Chavs. Me not like that.

D-vXTcRWkAUP1V4.jpg:large

that alone says it all as far as his headspace is concerned. Please for the love of GHod we need gritty steely players not the king of the chavs.

I would be underwhelmed if we paid 50m-60m odd for Madison. He's a decent player but not one I rate at the very highest levels in terms of creativity and finesse. I feel you could get better than him for that kind of money honestly. [emoji848]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I would be underwhelmed if we paid 50m-60m odd for Madison. He's a decent player but not one I rate at the very highest levels in terms of creativity and finesse. I feel you could get better than him for that kind of money honestly. [emoji848]

We need hg players though.

We need hg players though.
This is a fair point but we don't so much need HG players but need to get rid of some of non-HG. That seems doable but a proper task at the same time.

I wouldn't hate the signing, I just would be underwhelmed and not expect much. He's a millions miles away in terms of quality tons De Bruyne, B Silva, Thaigo etc. But he is English so I guess that's a plus point.

Edit: for "wouldn't"

Last edited:
This is a fair point but we don't so much need HG players but need to get rid of some of non-HG. That seems doable but a proper task at the same time.

I would hate the signing, I just would be underwhelmed and not expect much. He's a millions miles away in terms of quality tons De Bruyne, B Silva, Thaigo etc. But he is English so I guess that's a plus point.

20220706_225320.png
Clarke has been sold. Winks will be and spence has come in. So we are 1 short on hg.

Bergwign has been sold and lenglet has come in so we have 22 non hg. We need to cut that to 17. Ndombele, regie, lo celso are being sold. Still need 2 more out.

That's assuming the irish keeper isn't 3rd choice.

Since he's been at Leicester only KDB & TAA have more assists in the same period.

Edit : sorry it was chances created, not assists

Back