• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

I have seen with my own eyes him playing games all over the midfield/attacking areas. Also, Conte specifically said last season he was playing the formation that suited the CURRENT squad. It is well known he also likes the 3-5-2, we have to be flexible if we want to compete on all fronts. He would get plenty of game time IMO….

As i said if he can play other areas than am i don't have a problem. We can also shift between formations.

If we move to 352 as preferred formation though, that leaves 2 places for richarlison, kulu, kane and son. Which doesn't make sense for the amount we are paying for them.

As i said if he can play other areas than am i don't have a problem. We can also shift between formations.

If we move to 352 as preferred formation though, that leaves 2 places for richarlison, kulu, kane and son. Which doesn't make sense for the amount we are paying for them.

If we move to 352 it's still 3 attacking positions.

LCF Son/Richarlson
RCF Kane/???
AM Kulusevski/Maddison

I don't think he could play CM in our system. With our WBs, it's a double pivot, not a DM and a #8. He just doesn't work hard enough nor have the positional ability for that role.

Kulu's back-up I could potentially see. But £50m is an awful lot for a 5th or 6th choice forward

I don't think he could play CM in our system. With our WBs, it's a double pivot, not a DM and a #8. He just doesn't work hard enough nor have the positional ability for that role.

Kulu's back-up I could potentially see. But £50m is an awful lot for a 5th or 6th choice forward
I’ve seen with literally every attacker linked to Spurs having the comment ‘Not as good as Kulu’. Now I’m not saying he isn’t or won’t be a very good player. But it is extremely unlikely he goes into next season and continues to churn out the numbers he did. He is young, which means he will likely be inconsistent. He was also new to the league. Next season will be much harder for him as he will be known and teams will plan for him better. Seeing the likes of Richarlison and Maddison dismissed in comparison to him, who have put in numbers consistently against Kulus half a season is wrong IMO…..

I don’t know when some people are going to get it into their heads the point is we are not going to have a ‘first team’. For all too long we have had a decent starting XI and the rest of the squad have been bang average at best. Conte has set the highest of standards, that means having people on the bench who will be of the same quality as those on the pitch like Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool meaning there is 16 plus players getting a high number of games rather than the 7 or so that have done here the past few seasons because the squad quality is poor.

Your point about Eriksen, we was sniffing around him whether we ended up pulling the trigger on making an actual offer or not is redundant as we clearly have an interest in acquiring a player who plays that type of role and Maddison’s qualities means he is versatile and could easily fit into how we play….
For years people have been going on about how good our first 11 is but the drop off after that is too big. We start fixing that and they are still moaning...
The squad is going to be even more important this season with the world cup in the middle and the use of 5 subs.

Maddison is a good player and Conte and Paratici would've done their homework on his attitude and behaviour off the pitch. If they are happy with that then he's a good option.
Will allow us change to a 352 when the game suits. Some extra creativity when we are struggling to break teams down.

Dunno, not sure it has any baring tbh

The baring is that i said i'm for the transfer if maddison can play more than one position.

If he was just an am then i would be against it as we would have to change our formation just to play him. Which for the odd game would be fine if he was cheap. But he's not.

Again if he can cover multiple positions it isn't an issue.

The baring is that i said i'm for the transfer if maddison can play more than one position.

If he was just an am then i would be against it as we would have to change our formation just to play him. Which for the odd game would be fine if he was cheap. But he's not.

Again if he can cover multiple positions it isn't an issue.

Yeah and I've told you previously that he played more than half of his games last season in positions other than CAM - CM, MR, AMR, RWF - the info is out there to verify yourself.

The post of yours i responded to initially was asking about permutations of if we switched to 352 - you then spent subsequent posts arguing that we won't - I'm just struggling to see what your position is

Yeah and I've told you previously that he played more than half of his games last season in positions other than CAM - CM, MR, AMR, RWF - the info is out there to verify yourself.

The post of yours i responded to initially was asking about permutations of if we switched to 352 - you then spent subsequent posts arguing that we won't - I'm just struggling to see what your position is

The bit bolded and underlined was my point. Which you argued against. Saying kulu would play am.

he was also subbed off quite a lot. Who would Maddison displace in the first team? I think conte plays to his benefit, just can’t see how Maddison changes things. He could have gone for Eriksen but it didn’t happen but we will apparently spend up to a reported £40-£50 mil for Maddison????

It’s an interesting topic, please make it simple for me and show the formation and players involved in the starting XI with Maddison. I can’t see it. Can’t see Maddison coming to us as an Arsenal fan to sit on the bench.
You asked me to show you when Conte had favoured a system with a player like Maddison. That’s all I did.

But now you’ve asked, if we had a champions league final tomorrow and Maddison was in the squad and everyone was fit, I don’t believe he would start. However, seasons are long, players get injured and they also go in and out of form, and managers like having more than one system.

Look at City and even Liverpool. They don’t necessarily sign for the starting 11. They sign for squad strength and just accumulate strong players for more options. I believe that’s what we’re doing and I’m all for it.

Similarly to you - I’m not sure Maddison will be up for it.

You asked me to show you when Conte had favoured a system with a player like Maddison. That’s all I did.

But now you’ve asked, if we had a champions league final tomorrow and Maddison was in the squad and everyone was fit, I don’t believe he would start. However, seasons are long, players get injured and they also go in and out of form, and managers like having more than one system.

Look at City and even Liverpool. They don’t necessarily sign for the starting 11. They sign for squad strength and just accumulate strong players for more options. I believe that’s what we’re doing and I’m all for it.

Similarly to you - I’m not sure Maddison will be up for it.

if he was cheap I think we would go for him and could afford to. The cost involved for someone like Madison perhaps is why it’s not sitting with me.

The bit bolded and underlined was my point. Which you argued against. Saying kulu would play am.

I didn't argue against the formation i just showed you how the players fit in to that set up. Kulusevski is a player who can play in behind the strikers as well as off the right - him and Maddison would be options for CAM if that was our prefered formation leaving the other 3 to fight for the two CF positions.

I also think in 343 the two would be options for the RWF role.

The one who loses out is Moura but that's no big deal

I didn't argue against the formation i just showed you how the players fit in to that set up. Kulusevski is a player who can play in behind the strikers as well as off the right - him and Maddison would be options for CAM if that was our prefered formation leaving the other 3 to fight for the two CF positions.

And we couldn’t play any other system as we didn’t have the wide players to support a 3-5-2 possibly…

Which is my point. If conte wanted to play 352 and kulu can play there, why haven't we before?

It would only be played if maddison plays.

Back