• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

James Maddison

I’d also look at Ruiz at Napoli. Excellent player with one year left in his contract

Another that wouldnt solve HG issues but is a quality player who is versatile

Alex Scott. He's supposed to be the next Olise or Brennan. Looked excellent at the recent euros

He's 18. 7 goals and 2 assists last season while playing in the championship last season.

Maddison got 18 goals and 12 assists last season while playing in the prem.

We could get him. But not instead of.

And we have been linked with him for some time
So far he has always played wide when I’ve seen him play
Got a bit about him attitude wise
I think him and Edwards (the other member of that U19 side not yet at a top club) would finish us off perfectly this window. Punts on the next alli and dier

He's 18. 7 goals and 2 assists last season while playing in the championship last season.

Maddison got 18 goals and 12 assists last season while playing in the prem.

We could get him. But not instead of.

We're talking 5th or 6th choice forward option. Might as well go for the one with the higher potential ceiling, who won't complain about game time for a year or two. Fits our system better too because he's more natural creating from out wide.

I think him and Edwards (the other member of that U19 side not yet at a top club) would finish us off perfectly this window. Punts on the next alli and dier
Barry Fry was talking to my dad about Edwards 18 months ago (Barry knows my dad from their old footy days together)
Apparently Darren Ferguson wanted him to go to United

We're talking 5th or 6th choice forward option. Might as well go for the one with the higher potential ceiling, who won't complain about game time for a year or two. Fits our system better too because he's more natural creating from out wide.
We have parrot coming through strongly now (will be 2nd choice right WF a very very soon IMO)
And Scarlett who plays that central role too
I agree going young may be the better option now to have a player come though but with Scott id buy him and loan him back
He is Le Tissiers half brother.,, the girl who plays for Brighton, who is NOT related to Matt Le Tissier

We have parrot coming through strongly now (will be 2nd choice right WF a very very soon IMO)
And Scarlett who plays that central role too
I agree going young may be the better option now to have a player come though but with Scott id buy him and loan him back
He is Le Tissiers half brother.,, the girl who plays for Brighton, who is NOT related to Matt Le Tissier

I think everyone from Guernsey is related, even if they not knowingly. It's only the size of a market town after all.

Since he's been at Leicester only KDB & TAA have more assists in the same period.

Edit : sorry it was chances created, not assists
I'm not really going off the stats, more the eye test. He's an effective player no doubt. I'm just not sure he's the guy for the high pressure technical moments. As I meant to say earlier I wouldn't hate his signing just a bit underwhelmed. In the AM role I'd prefer a bit more outright flair, a magic moment etc. [emoji28]

Are those stats also limited to the PL? The best AMs come from outside the PL but I get the problem of already having too many Non-HGs.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

If we want another attacking/creative player and that player has to be home grown I'm not sure who we could sign that would be better than him short term at least.

Olise… Ake
Both would cost the similarly high fee
Both are younger with massive potential
Both of those would be great signings with great potential as you say. But they don’t currently post Maddison’s numbers. And this is what you get with Conte, he wants players for the now rather than the future.

That’s why for as long as he is here the likes of Bryan Gil and Sarr will be loaned out, they will not get the game time under Conte. And that’s why I say Spence isn’t one for the future, he has the quality to deliver at this level now and why Conte wants him…..

Olise… Ake
Both would cost the similarly high fee
Both are younger with massive potential

I like Olise, a lot. But I think he's still very raw and probably needs another season at a Palace level club.

Maddison could be an option in central midfield, some games or game states at the very least, Olise wouldn't be I think.

I like Olise, a lot. But I think he's still very raw and probably needs another season at a Palace level club.

Maddison could be an option in central midfield, some games or game states at the very least, Olise wouldn't be I think.
We've got ample CMs, it's WF that we're arguably a body short (depending on contes view on Gil and parrot)

We've got ample CMs, it's WF that we're arguably a body

No one that's directly a creative player or someone with good end product imo.

Someone that could offer us that option and be an option in a wide attacking role could be rather useful imo.

I think Maddison could be a very useful option. If he's worth the cost is a different question, but if it has to be a home grown player I'm not sure there are better players we could get.

The stats I see say Maddison had 12 goals and 8 assists in the EPL last year - the other 10 (6 goals/4 assists in cup competitions). Not devaluing 20 goal contributions from midfield (much more than decent) but people talking as if he is some golden boot contender with 30 'league' contributions.

Personally wouldn't have him starting over Kane, Kulu or Son and would be in the mix with Richarlison if we changed formation, so he would presumably get less playing time than at Filbert Street. Option off the bench when we struggle to break down defensive lines? Would that be enough?

Honestly I think we should unsettle some Arsenal players like saka and odegaard for shots and giggles or even smith-rowe

Back