• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore/Sunday Supplement

Because Jake Livermore puts his head down and gets on with the game, he is considered unfashionable by many. I'm sure he's not lost a wink of sleep. The boy came from the stands as a boy, and now gets to represent his (and our) heroes...yes, I'm sure he;s bothered by those smug, self-righteous, sanctimonious, bob-a-job tacos!

I rate Livermore, very tidy player, hard working, potential. Don't get why so many slate him, not everyone can be a superstar

I know everyone wants to defend him but Livermore really isn't England quality yet and he may never be. I can see why pundits consider it a cheap cap, he's not even one of the two best English Center Mids at Tottenham.

I know everyone wants to defend him but Livermore really isn't England quality yet and he may never be. I can see why pundits consider it a cheap cap, he's not even one of the two best English Center Mids at Tottenham.

To be fair he has played his way ahead of Jenas and Huddlestone - he's on the right track. He's improving at a fast rate, it's just that it's later than young players usually show what they can do and people aren't buying it for some reason.

He's developed excellently physically, his quick, I think he uses the ball in a positive way and I think he is defensively very sound in terms of positioning and anticipation.

If Livermore was 18 and had just burst on the scene everyone would be raving about him. The fact he is 22 and failed to thrive on loan seems to make him less fashionable to the media and fans alike.

I would rather have him in the team ahead of Jenas - who, after bursting on to the scene as a youngster - lived off the hype for years to win over 20 caps!

I see Livermore as a valuable squad player at the moment - no more, no less. Good enough to make himself a fixture in the England squad for a major championship? Probably not. Worthy of a cameo appearance in an experimental friendly team? I think so.

To be fair he has played his way ahead of Jenas and Huddlestone - he's on the right track. He's improving at a fast rate, it's just that it's later than young players usually show what they can do and people aren't buying it for some reason.

He's developed excellently physically, his quick, I think he uses the ball in a positive way and I think he is defensively very sound in terms of positioning and anticipation.

If you asked me right now who I'd keep or sell between Livermore and Huddlestone, I'd ship Livermore out in a heartbeat. I personally don't see an overabundance of potential there, I think the hope of potential is there because Spurs fans haven't seen enough of him yet to identift his faults.

Keep him by all means, but I don't think we'll be a Top 4 challenger with him as a regular center midfielder for us

If you asked me right now who I'd keep or sell between Livermore and Huddlestone, I'd ship Livermore out in a heartbeat. I personally don't see an overabundance of potential there, I think the hope of potential is there because Spurs fans haven't seen enough of him yet to identift his faults.

Keep him by all means, but I don't think we'll be a Top 4 challenger with him as a regular center midfielder for us

Up to about 2 months ago I probably would have said keep Huddlestone too, but I think Livermore has really come on. Yes Huddlestone has a sensational talent for passing that can't be coached, but Livermore also has athleticism that Huddlestone is never going to reach, while also being tidy on the ball. And in an AVB side that athleticism is going to be important. And that doesn't mean AVB doesn't want creativity and good passing because he clearly does, it's just that Huddlestone isn't enough of that package. But Livermore seems to have it.

I think if Livermore was any old young player with a bit of pace and an engine he wouldn't be playing his way into the team. But he seems to be impressing a lot of different, influential people within the game. I think he's got something. A great point is made further up. I'd rather have someone that's making rapid improvements with the more responsibility they get as opposed to someone that burst on the scene when young and never improved after that.

=D>

It's frankly an indictment of Roy Hodgson as well as AVB that either should even think of playing a run-of-the-mill workhorse ahead of (when match fit) a class act like Huddlestone. Not that I have anything but the greatest respect for Livermore, he makes the best of his very limited talents.

So long as Hodgson is England manager, he may get results but I for one cannot be arsed to watch the over-efficient dross his teams usually serve up.

Eh. The fact that he gives more for Spurs than anyone else on the pitch comforts me to some level. If we can't be Top four challengers with home-grown lads who love the club playing in the shirt, then I dare say I'm happy to stay away from challenging at all.

Modric is sulking, training on his own and refusing to play, we call him a conniving little ****. Yet Livermore is a fan, just like us, is a tidy player, doesn't give the ball away very often and has potential enough to develop into a solid performer, and we arrogantly dismiss him on the basis of needing more 'talented' players.

Jock Stein won the European Cup with a Celtic team all recruited from within 30 miles of Glasgow. Perhaps that's not possible anymore, I don't know. What I do know is that seeing home-grown players tossed away because they apparently aren't good enough is always a policy that infuriates me. You wanted a player to show loyalty to the shirt? These guys will. Because they genuinely care. I find that more valuable than masses of technical skill and dazzling ability coupled with an utterly selfish and disloyal nature.

Because Jake Livermore puts his head down and gets on with the game, he is considered unfashionable by many. I'm sure he's not lost a wink of sleep. The boy came from the stands as a boy, and now gets to represent his (and our) heroes...yes, I'm sure he;s bothered by those smug, self-righteous, sanctimonious, bob-a-job tacos!

so you think he's top notch do you?

someone to build the team around?

and you weren't any of the above as you dismissed the impact and achievements of the last manager - were you?

You need to stop throwing stones, because your house is looking pretty shabby.

so you think he's top notch do you?

someone to build the team around?

and you weren't any of the above as you dismissed the impact and achievements of the last manager - were you?

You need to stop throwing stones, because your house is looking pretty shabby.

I was talking about the journos on the telly Mick. And I'll stand by my comments with regards to them.

You're not wrong regarding my house, needs a good pressure wash. Could you recommend someone? Cheers mate...

I don't think Livermore's the greatest player in the world but he can do a job. I remember on his debut, or a very early game, he was playing with Bostock and maybe another very young player, I think against Shakhtar in the Europa League. You could tell he had more of a chance than the more highly rated Bostock, he just looked much more at ease. I think he has confidence even if a limited skill set which means he's consistent.

Jock Stein won the European Cup with a Celtic team all recruited from within 30 miles of Glasgow. Perhaps that's not possible anymore, I don't know. What I do know is that seeing home-grown players tossed away because they apparently aren't good enough is always a policy that infuriates me. You wanted a player to show loyalty to the shirt? These guys will. Because they genuinely care. I find that more valuable than masses of technical skill and dazzling ability coupled with an utterly selfish and disloyal nature.

Does Livermore really care though? What makes you think he does? Even if he was a boyhood fan of the club, if he outgrows us he will want to leave just like Modric does. Look at Rooney and Everton as an example.

I'm a realist, I don't expect loyalty from footballers any more than I expect loyalty from McDonalds employees. Everyone is out for themselves, and so they should be, it's their short career and they want to earn and win as much as they can before it's up. I don't blame players for that, including Modric. Sure we see him as being petulant, but for all we know he might have been willing to play last weekend but AVB isn't interested because he knows he is leaving and wants to only use players that are staying.

People need to stop expecting unreasonable loyalty from footballers and in this day and age, especially since fans and clubs show no loyalty to them. Spurs showed no loyalty to Crouch when they saw a bit of money to be made, it was a good move for the club so we made it. Just as moving to Madrid or Chelsea is a good deal for Modric.

Sometimes clubs outgrow players and players outgrow clubs, let's stop pretending loyalty exists on either side.

Does Livermore really care though? What makes you think he does? Even if he was a boyhood fan of the club, if he outgrows us he will want to leave just like Modric does. Look at Rooney and Everton as an example.

I'm a realist, I don't expect loyalty from footballers any more than I expect loyalty from McDonalds employees. Everyone is out for themselves, and so they should be, it's their short career and they want to earn and win as much as they can before it's up. I don't blame players for that, including Modric. Sure we see him as being petulant, but for all we know he might have been willing to play last weekend but AVB isn't interested because he knows he is leaving and wants to only use players that are staying.

People need to stop expecting unreasonable loyalty from footballers and in this day and age, especially since fans and clubs show no loyalty to them. Spurs showed no loyalty to Crouch when they saw a bit of money to be made, it was a good move for the club so we made it. Just as moving to Madrid or Chelsea is a good deal for Modric.

Sometimes clubs outgrow players and players outgrow clubs, let's stop pretending loyalty exists on either side.

He cares more than many, yes. He is one of a dying breed. Of course you're right, who knows what will happen, but with regards to now, I'd say he cares a bit more than most, yes.

As for the second high lit point, not only do I think you're right, I've said this a couple of times in the last month or so. The reason he is training alone/distanced from the squad is not because he's throwing a moody, it's because AVB does not want anyone in the squad who could corrupt harmony easily.

So what's preventing you choosing a more successful club? What holds you back? In those black moments when you're watching Spurs snatch defeat from the fudging intestines of victory, what keeps you part of it all? Because you obviously are free to choose your own club the same as a player is, correct? So what kept you proudly Spurs this whole time?

The same thing that will probably keep Livermore around much longer than if he shared no connection with the club at all, I think. The same thing that will make him fight for every second in a white shirt, never shirk a training session or miss a game because 'his head's not right'.

Its funny watching my mates rantings on twitter when this show is on, he is a gooner fan and this show does slate AFC more than any other team, it amuses me highly

Back