• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jake Livermore/Sunday Supplement

He cares more than many, yes. He is one of a dying breed. Of course you're right, who knows what will happen, but with regards to now, I'd say he cares a bit more than most, yes.

As for the second high lit point, not only do I think you're right, I've said this a couple of times in the last month or so. The reason he is training alone/distanced from the squad is not because he's throwing a moody, it's because AVB does not want anyone in the squad who could corrupt harmony easily.

Agree with this entirely - very good post

Its funny watching my mates rantings on twitter when this show is on, he is a gooner fan and this show does slate AFC more than any other team, it amuses me highly
Yeah they discuss them and Liverpool ad nauseum because they're both part of the Sky Four but it's not all one-way traffic. Henry Winter sounded like a cheerleader for the Gooners on Sunday - isn't he supposed to be a fan?

Yeah they discuss them and Liverpool ad nauseum because they're both part of the Sky Four but it's not all one-way traffic. Henry Winter sounded like a cheerleader for the Gooners on Sunday - isn't he supposed to be a fan?

Henry Winter is a Man Utd fan. He once wrote in one of his columns that his most prized possession is his Man U CL T-shirt from the '99 final and he wouldn't sell it for any amount of money.

By the way Mick, IF you did, indeed, misinterpret my comment to be a dig, then I accept your heartfelt apology!

:lol:

By the way Mick, IF you did, indeed, misinterpret my comment to be a dig, then I accept your heartfelt apology!

:lol:

Sorry I don't understand - a dig at who? Your whine about journo's who get paid to air their opinions on TV about footballing matters? Why would I care if you have a moan about them?

I was simply responding to your impassioned defence of Livermore, who is a routine midtable club professional at best - and your stunning hypocrisy at calling anyone smug, self righteous and sanctimonious - given your diatribes about HR.

As I said people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Why on earth would I feel compelled to apologise?

Sorry I don't understand - a dig at who? Your whine about journo's who get paid to air their opinions on TV about footballing matters? Why would I care if you have a moan about them?

I was simply responding to your impassioned defence of Livermore, who is a routine midtable club professional at best - and your stunning hypocrisy at calling anyone smug, self righteous and sanctimonious - given your diatribes about HR.

Who has just won an England cap, and starts for the 4th best team in the league last year.

Not very routine..........well, compared to my days anyway.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe Livermore just is what he is, and trying to change him or make him learn something new is ridiculous.

Like Defoe.

Actually, thinking about it, maybe Livermore just is what he is, and trying to change him or make him learn something new is ridiculous.

Like Defoe.

If I staunchly defended one player against posters questioning his overall input to team, while at the same time criticising another poster for defending a different player, would that make me a hypocrite?

If I staunchly defended one player against posters questioning his overall input to team, while at the same time criticising another poster for defending a different player, would that make me a hypocrite?

Hush your mouth child.

Where did I staunchly defend Defoe?

I have been ivolved in two protracted threads on this board where (seemingly) I was the only one being critical of him, over things he did. I am well aware of the lads limitations (in comparison to other strikers) yet do not feel compelled to join the hobbyhorsing of his limitations, as if he were a worthless and substandard team player.

My comments about Livermore have always been consistent, and my criticism of Steffs comments were based around his indignance that anyone could talk less than favourably about him, as if he were the kind of top notch class act midfielder that you would build a team around - and that was the question I asked him.

If you two charlies want to take me on in a debate about football, or the quality of my support for the club, then do it directly - because at the moment your faggoty attempts to take me on by decrying me for things I haven't done, or havent said are nothing short of pathetic.

Considering that you are 2 of the people who are supposed to rule out this kind of behaviour, I'd say that the only hypocrites are you two.

Have a go at me for sure, but make sure you're stood on solid ground - because deliberately misinterpreting things I have said, and then making bitchy and girly comments make you look like a pair of comedy queens.

Man up, the pair of you

I have been ivolved in two protracted threads on this board where (seemingly) I was the only one being critical of him, over things he did. I am well aware of the lads limitations (in comparison to other strikers) yet do not feel compelled to join the hobbyhorsing of his limitations, as if he were a worthless and substandard team player.

My comments about Livermore have always been consistent, and my criticism of Steffs comments were based around his indignance that anyone could talk less than favourably about him, as if he were the kind of top notch class act midfielder that you would build a team around - and that was the question I asked him.

If you two charlies want to take me on in a debate about football, or the quality of my support for the club, then do it directly - because at the moment your faggoty attempts to take me on by decrying me for things I haven't done, or havent said are nothing short of pathetic.

Considering that you are 2 of the people who are supposed to rule out this kind of behaviour, I'd say that the only hypocrites are you two.

Have a go at me for sure, but make sure you're stood on solid ground - because deliberately misinterpreting things I have said, and then making bitchy and girly comments make you look like a pair of comedy queens.

Man up, the pair of you

:ross:

You're right Mick. No apology necessary. In fact, I'm going to formally apologize to everyone here for my relentless savaging of Harry Redknapp, for never ever having said a positive word about him, for never putting forth a balanced post about him and for insinuating that Jake Livermore is, in fact, the bastard son of Lionel Messi.

Sorry GG. Sorry Mick. Thank goodness the nonjudgmental and non-hypocritical are here to help steer me through my online GG life.

Man up, the pair of you

"faggoty"?

Superb. :ross:
What a word.

You're right Mick. No apology necessary. In fact, I'm going to formally apologize to everyone here for my relentless savaging of Harry Redknapp, for never ever having said a positive word about him, for never putting forth a balanced post about him and for insinuating that Jake Livermore is, in fact, the bastard son of Lionel Messi.

Sorry GG. Sorry Mick. Thank goodness the nonjudgmental and non-hypocritical are here to help steer me through my online GG life.
You are the one doing one thing and then slagging off others for the same failings, make all the puerile jokes you like, but it's still your problem

Or carry on regardless, change nothing and know that you will lack credibility and respect. It's your choice.

It means two people directly ignoring board rules by ganging up on a poster. I believe that normal folk grt points on their licence for it.

Or in this case 2 people (actually more than 2 disagree with you today) who feel you are saying one thing for one player (Defoe) and the opposite for another (Livermore), because honestly Mick, that is EXACTLY how you have come across this evening. No ganging up. Just saying it as it is. Just like you do.

You are the one doing one thing and then slagging off others for the same failings, make all the puerile jokes you like, but it's still your problem

Or carry on regardless, change nothing and know that you will lack credibility and respect. It's your choice.

You should read that last sentence very carefully mate, and see if any of it could actually apply to you. Just a suggestion. It's your choice!

It means two people directly ignoring board rules by ganging up on a poster. I believe that normal folk grt points on their licence for it.

Are you referring to ME as one of the two people?

If so, what a complete load of rubbish! I haven't "ganged up" on you Mick, in fact, you directly chose to try and pick a fight with me by throwing out a whole bunch of aggressive comments and suppositions about my past posts, none of which hold any real weight whatsoever. You went looking for it a couple of times in a couple of different places, and the fact remains that you don't like it coming back at you. Get over yourself and move on, please, for everyone, most of all yourself!

Back