• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I have reservations about whether Mirallas can score as many as Chadli.

I think we need to always think whether the players we bring in are a right fit for the team in terms of what we need but also for the squad and team in terms of being open to carrying out what the coach wants. We can't just grab anyone, I'm sure we've put a lot more thoughts into our actual transfer targets. Just wish we could tie them up a lot quicker.

I think everyone does.

I have reservations about whether Mirallas can score as many as Chadli.

I think we need to always think whether the players we bring in are a right fit for the team in terms of what we need but also for the squad and team in terms of being open to carrying out what the coach wants. We can't just grab anyone, I'm sure we've put a lot more thoughts into our actual transfer targets. Just wish we could tie them up a lot quicker.
I think Mirallas and Chadli are reasonably similar type players, so you'd have to surmise that if Chadli is a good fit for our style (and I'm assuming Poch thinks so) then Mirallas must be not too far away either. Lennon/Mirallas swap with some cash thrown in seems a good deal all around to me.

Our attacking options off the bench were fairly limited the other day. I agree with you we do need to move on a few players sooner rather than later.

Is Mirallas particularly quick? He never strikes me as such, and one thing that tinkles me off about our attacking players at the moment is the lack of pace

Is Mirallas particularly quick? He never strikes me as such, and one thing that tinklees me off about our attacking players at the moment is the lack of pace

Not pacey but can go past a player. Don't think we need a player like this to be honest

If we can use someone surplus to requirements in Lennon to at least add some depth and not use up much of the budget with Mirallas it may be a worth while deal.

If we can use someone surplus to requirements in Lennon to at least add some depth and not use up much of the budget with Mirallas it may be a worth while deal.

Id rather free up a spot for pritchard and use the money from wages saved on someone else

The way the team are playing, Pritchard will walk in to the team & stay there. Looking forward to him making his mark.

And you don't even know who the player is.

Isn't moving on to new targets what we were supposed to do when our first choice was unattainable?
True but my point been for example .. Lars bender whether good bad or indifferent available for 18 m .. We shake our heads and buy an unknown from French league for 5 m .. All I'll say is I wud love to see a quality reputable knows his job and knows how to do it central midfielder in team .. I don't give a monkeys about other potential positions we want ... Get this area of pitch sorted and my hope increases . That is all

Id rather free up a spot for pritchard and use the money from wages saved on someone else

I agree. I dont see what Mirallas would add to us and dont see that he'll help us keep up with Liverpool and finish 5th (4th is a million miles away).

Personally though (in Football Manager type style), I'd:
- keep Eriksen, Pritchard and Njie
- get rid of Lennon, Townsend, Dembele, Lamela and Chadli (£40m total fees?)
- sign 2 or 3 from the fees fetched from those 5

True but my point been for example .. Lars bender whether good bad or indifferent available for 18 m .. We shake our heads and buy an unknown from French league for 5 m .. All I'll say is I wud love to see a quality reputable knows his job and knows how to do it central midfielder in team .. I don't give a monkeys about other potential positions we want ... Get this area of pitch sorted and my hope increases . That is all

How do you know he is available and wants to come to Spurs?

How do you know he is available and wants to come to Spurs?

I don't but if u want quality and u know ur stuff and u have ability to see a player , u pay for it .. We have plenty of potential coming thru and plenty of potential in certain members of squad . What we need is players to walk into first 11 and make us way way stronger.. This costs money

I don't but if u want quality and u know ur stuff and u have ability to see a player , u pay for it .. We have plenty of potential coming thru and plenty of potential in certain members of squad . What we need is players to walk into first 11 and make us way way stronger.. This costs money

Right. So Bender is not available for £18m. What if it were £30m or £25m which meant that we couldn't get Berahino as well?

Right. So Bender is not available for £18m. What if it were £30m or £25m which meant that we couldn't get Berahino as well?
Why can't we .. We sold bale for 100 m few summers ago and spent that money and still made profit .. So essentially spending nothing .. Since then what we spent .. This summer got rid of barrels of rubbish but loads of rubbish still left .. No excuses .. Levy cuts corners and when push comes to shove we fall short .. U get what u pay for ... Yes we strike gold once in a while but in the main our scouts , people who buy and go for players we buy don't know arse from elbow ... Sign two proper centre midfield players , a striker to complement Kane and wingers and get rid of Lennon Townsend lamela and adebayor for starters ..

Back