• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

No high blood pressure , totally chilled out and far from passionate as I once was for Spurs .. I see that club for what it is now ... I wasn't having a hissy fit saying we doing this and that when signing all those players with bale money .. In fact I was quite opposite .. I liked erikssen but the rest I was very very weary on .. Doesn't take rocket science to see that either for reasons I stated about those players .. None of top teams challenged us for any of those signings I wonder why ? But besides that I wasn't asking for the Messis of this world to join but just 3 or 4 of sufficient standard and a level above the rubbish we signed . I think people call it proven quality.. None of players we signed imvho were that . Decent yes but top top level ? No chance . Not a wum either just stating facts . Slowly but surely going backwards since likes of modric n bale left for starters . We don't act and play as a team and have relied on Kane n lloris to thank for where we got last year . Absolute fact .

If we only signed players that the top clubs were in for, would we ever sign anyone? Bearing in mind they can pay up to £250k a week and regularly pay over £100k?

No high blood pressure , totally chilled out and far from passionate as I once was for Spurs .. I see that club for what it is now ... I wasn't having a hissy fit saying we doing this and that when signing all those players with bale money .. In fact I was quite opposite .. I liked erikssen but the rest I was very very weary on .. Doesn't take rocket science to see that either for reasons I stated about those players .. None of top teams challenged us for any of those signings I wonder why ? But besides that I wasn't asking for the Messis of this world to join but just 3 or 4 of sufficient standard and a level above the rubbish we signed . I think people call it proven quality.. None of players we signed imvho were that . Decent yes but top top level ? No chance . Not a wum either just stating facts . Slowly but surely going backwards since likes of modric n bale left for starters . We don't act and play as a team and have relied on Kane n lloris to thank for where we got last year . Absolute fact .

I guess we've found out that you could go in and do Levys job, Baldinis job - and I throw in Pochs job as well.
Finally we've found the missing piece in the jigsaw, and you would probably become quite rich on top of it working like an advicer for a big PL club.
I would like to thank you personally, and buy you a pint or two, after we bought the first player you've said to the boys will be what we need. Because then we all know that Keithd wont do anything wrong, and know all the tricks to actually buy every player we need. Negotiating with other clubs will now be just a formality.

I would however like to add that you will personally be hung out to dry if the player isnt doing what we want him to do. But I guess it wont happen, you already know for a fact BEFORE a player has entered White Hart Lane, that he will be a success...
And, I nearly forgot: If Levy wont spend the money... I expect you to, when you clearly are an expert in finances AND scouting, to tell him to cough up. After all, you know how it works and can guarantee the player to be a Spurs legend before he signs.
Looking forward to seeing you as our saviour, we've clearly missed you for a few years now.

Whether this is ITK or not Im not sure but

1) I know for a fact the guy who scouted and recommended Mahrez for Leicester now works for THFC. (specializes in the French leagues) (Source is Physio of a league 1 team who knows the guy personally)
2) Saido Berahino head has well and truly been turned and he wants out of WBA. (Source is a WBA first team player )

I guess we've found out that you could go in and do Levys job, Baldinis job - and I throw in Pochs job as well.
Finally we've found the missing piece in the jigsaw, and you would probably become quite rich on top of it working like an advicer for a big PL club.
I would like to thank you personally, and buy you a pint or two, after we bought the first player you've said to the boys will be what we need. Because then we all know that Keithd wont do anything wrong, and know all the tricks to actually buy every player we need. Negotiating with other clubs will now be just a formality.

I would however like to add that you will personally be hung out to dry if the player isnt doing what we want him to do. But I guess it wont happen, you already know for a fact BEFORE a player has entered White Hart Lane, that he will be a success...
And, I nearly forgot: If Levy wont spend the money... I expect you to, when you clearly are an expert in finances AND scouting, to tell him to cough up. After all, you know how it works and can guarantee the player to be a Spurs legend before he signs.
Looking forward to seeing you as our saviour, we've clearly missed you for a few years now.
fudgen idiot . Yeah I wud do better than ballsdini that's for sure . I like poch , great coach and he is not issue

Baldini was director of football at Roma, he would have had a strong opinion regarding him regardless of scouting reports. The report would not make him change his mind why would he have one?

Its as if Sherwood buys Ade without a report -

very valid point, but If I was investing £25-£30m on something in my business, I would want more than one persons say so, wouldn't you?

Reactions: DTA
that's him GB, also confirmed to my physio friend absolutely not a single scouting report done before we signed Lamela

The narrative I've read in a few places is that the scouting department was wound down after Comolli left in 2008, and that Levy and Redknapp just used their agent contacts instead (e.g. signing mainly Jonathan Barnett/Stellar players). So that when Baldini turned up in July 2012 all he found were dusty files 4 years out-of-date and no staff

I've been really impressed by how we've been making good that damage - recruiting those 4 senior scouts/analysts - Mitchell, MacKenzie, Metcalf and Esparraga - over the winter

I guess the proof will be in the pudding though - we really need the majority of Alli, Wimmer and Njie and others that follow to be hits.

very valid point, but If I was investing £25-£30m on something in my business, I would want more than one persons say so, wouldn't you?

Levy needed to rapidly turn the Bale windfall into non-taxable assets. I think that's why there was an untypically casual approach to the signings that August.

If I was hiring a guy to come in and pretty much run the club from a footballing point of view I would hope to have confidence in his opinion on a player he has seen dozen of times. If the opinion was from a new scout I would want a second opinion.

Once you make the decision to give him the top job you need to go with him otherwise it is pointless giving him the job

Levy needed to rapidly turn the Bale windfall into non-taxable assets. I think that's why there was an untypically casual approach to the signings that August.

Not necessarily true ... could have used his profits to offset many outgoings at the club over signing lots of players

Hertyid on Berahino: Poch thinks this is done and he should be presented at the Everton game.

JJetset: 3 outs will be Faz Ade & Lennon

Maybe 3 in still or just 2.
CF will still happen who I said last week.

Back