• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I'll assume swapsies means Lennon for Mirallas? presumably with some £££ inc.

Would certainly bolster our options, Berahino, Mirallas + DM.

Not sold on idea of Bolasie or Mirallas. Both look fantastic on MoTD but they strike me as 20 minute players, who look fantastic and then fade away

Not sold on idea of Bolasie or Mirallas. Both look fantastic on MoTD but they strike me as 20 minute players, who look fantastic and then fade away

I suppose both offer attacking at pace, without the need to slow down to almost a complete stop to get past a defender or cut back onto their stronger foot, especially in Mirallas case. It currently beats the pedestrian at times wingers/inside forwards we seem to be putting out on match days. Chadli and Lamela just don't seem to work in our system for numerous reasons, I'd be quite happy if either went this window. Mirallas, Berahino, Pritchard, Eriksen along with Townsend would be better suited.

Trix: I still believe it will only be two, but I am told that there was a very informal discussion about possible availability of one of our opponents yesterday(prior to the game). This doesn't mean he is available, or that we are looking to bid, but someone certainly likes the look of him.

The fact he was the stand out player again won't have hurt either ;)

Bill_Oddie (SC moderator): I spoke with a Leicester fan in the pub after the game (ST holder, did 35 of their league games last season, knows his stuff) who said we made a reasonably strong statement of interest early this summer. He didn't think it went as far as a bid, but we've certainly sounded them out.

Trix: I still believe it will only be two, but I am told that there was a very informal discussion about possible availability of one of our opponents yesterday(prior to the game). This doesn't mean he is available, or that we are looking to bid, but someone certainly likes the look of him.

The fact he was the stand out player again won't have hurt either ;)

Bill_Oddie (SC moderator): I spoke with a Leicester fan in the pub after the game (ST holder, did 35 of their league games last season, knows his stuff) who said we made a reasonably strong statement of interest early this summer. He didn't think it went as far as a bid, but we've certainly sounded them out.

They're talking about Mahrez, right?

I would take Mahrez over Bolasie in a heartbeat, he's going to cost less and I think he has more of a end product.

I really hope we dont sign Bolaise I just dont see they hype about him.

Bolaise definitely no, but Mirallas would fight it out with Chadli for that starting spot. I'd take that as Chadli needs something to kick him on to the next level and maybe the added competition would do that.

Last edited:
Bolaise definitely no, but Mirallas would fight it out with Chadli for that starting spot. I'd take that as Chadli needs something to kick him on to the next level and maybe the added competition woud do that.
I have reservations about whether Mirallas can score as many as Chadli.

I think we need to always think whether the players we bring in are a right fit for the team in terms of what we need but also for the squad and team in terms of being open to carrying out what the coach wants. We can't just grab anyone, I'm sure we've put a lot more thoughts into our actual transfer targets. Just wish we could tie them up a lot quicker.

Back