• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread

Statistically most stories like that are made up bull**** that have no basis in actual events. But strangely I sort of want to believe this in fact happened. If nothing else, it might indicate that there is still some desire, backbone and winning mentality left at WHL.

But I suppose it could equally well have been an argument over which BMW that drives best, and Pochettino agreed with the Kane camp (the 535i xDrive).

Cant wait for this. Where are the stats?

So, JJetset has apparently said he's not heard anything about a bust up. That's confirmed it then.

Lloris being aloof in all this makes sense. The guy is the son of an investment banker and lawyer. Well educated etc.. Too clever to get involved in some ego crap.

He is also great friends with Kaboul and also knows Capoue well.

To me it's funny how the most disliked of the current spurs squad are featured in the story going against two of the most popular. Sounds very contrived......

There could well have been a disagreement or argument (not v uncommon) but this story seems like a calculates story to me

He is also great friends with Kaboul and also knows Capoue well.

To me it's funny how the most disliked of the current spurs squad are featured in the story going against two of the most popular. Sounds very contrived......

There could well have been a disagreement or argument (not v uncommon) but this story seems like a calculates story to me

Sorry, remind us again how you know that Ade and Kaboul are "two of the most popular" players? And what exactly makes them popular anyway?

Somebody challenged you about Ade being popular in the Ade thread but you still haven't answered him...

Sorry, remind us again how you know that Ade and Kaboul are "two of the most popular" players? And what exactly makes them popular anyway?

Somebody challenged you about Ade being popular in the Ade thread but you still haven't answered him...

Kane and Mason would be the popular ones. It does say Ade and Kaboul against the popular ones.

80deg16minW on coys: This is a Prof approved post. I thought I would throw it up for discussion purposes. Spurdon over on Vital Spurs posted it and he isn't crazy.

Right finally got to my "source". I have been told categorically that the scenario outlined is so far wide of the mark it has landed on the moon. There is traction in Kaboul being an issue he and the boss spoke about his form, there may be the beginnings of a rift. Ade played for Togo and has got a sore back is not ready to play. They also said he is mentally in a weird place, and people at the club are worried for him. That is a direct quote and they say they are putting the man's well being first. Make of that what you will. Lennon does not want to go because he genuinely thinks he can get back into the side, and Mopo not in a hurry to push him out. The only issue is that he is perceived as a sale-able asset above some of the other players. The idea Lennon has formed a triumvirate "against the English" lads got laughed at, said he is the most "English" lad in the squad and is far closer to Kane,Mason, Walker, Naughton than Adebayor or Kaboul. They say there is no rift with the french speakers(Ade a very well liked man as is Kyle Walker and Moussa Dembele and Kyle Naughton gets great press) he was less effusive about the Spanish speakers they are maybe too tight. However they say that there is a lot of fraternal affection toward Erik Lamela from English and French speakers. Oh and the only other juice is we are trying our best to get Saido Berahino to even consider us. No word regards progress.

The Berahino part kind of killed it for me. Don't see why we'd be interested in him at all. Flavour of the month and incredibly overpriced ATM.

I was referring to who was popular and unpopular in the average fans eyes', hence why I said the story was contrived.....

I haven't seen the post you are referring too, but if it is about Ade being popular then I get that from first hand sources. Amongst the players he is respected and liked and is a central part of the squad and carries a lot more about him than I guess what most people perceive. All i saw was this story being leaked and everyone jumping on the Ade is a ****er bandwagon..... smells like bs to me but i would like it to be true as it would mean the end for 3 of our under performing players..... if only there could be a incident where another 5/6 of the squad have a bust up and get sold, it would make my day.

Hopefully this can be turned into a positive and Ade, Kaboul and Capoue can either be sold or given away and then the remaining squad can develop more of a team spirit

Agreed.

To some extent I think some conflict has been necessary as we hopefully move towards a squad with a better overall mentality.

I trust Poch to make the right decisions on this, if true. And, if true, some players are shipped out in January as a result of this I'll be happy enough.

The Berahino part kind of killed it for me. Don't see why we'd be interested in him at all. Flavour of the month and incredibly overpriced ATM.
I am interested as to why you have this opinion?

I saw Berahino last season and was immediately impressed. I watched him specifically in our game against West Brom and he was everything that we are lacking up front. He works hard, has pace, is physical, moves well, has a good touch and also has lots of confidence. I think he is arleady a very good striker despite still being only (I think?) 19 and he could become an absolutely brilliant striker.

I have no idea at all what he would cost, but at £15 to £20 million I don't see much downside and plenty of potential upside.

I'm taking these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt at the moment but it is not the first time that we have heard that the players are resisting a new managers approach. I have heard before that some of them think that they do not need to change because they will outlast a manager and the replacement will change things again.

No smoke without fire for me, though yes, a pinch wouldn't hurt...I think Poch is not the sort of guy to placate those he is upset with though...

Who: Galahad
Where: COYS

"Hot off the press from the warty one:

First time that DL has backed a manager against senior players. We're in terra incognita.

This has had a very positive impact on MP and the squad. Training has been much improved as those who weren't putting in the effort are now doing so, as they know they do not have support from anyone in the leadership hierarchy. MP has promised his players that if they give him 100%, the team will have success.

Since the events of last week Lennon has been working hard. He doesn't want to leave. He wants to prove he is worth keeping.

DL very bluntly told Adebayor that he's had enough of his negative influence, and if he doesn't support MPs vision then he'll be treated the same way as BAE. This has rattled Adebayor as he'd come to think of himself as untouchable.

MP is significantly impressed with the skills and the attitude of some of our U21 players and is looking for opportunities to move them into the first team squad, which would allow promotion of talented youth team players to the U21s. This plan depends on moving on some unwanted players in the January window. If we can't then he'd prefer they were playing regularly for the U21 and youth teams than being too far down the pecking order in the first team squad."

Back