• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Re: Transfer Rumour Thread

Some more ITK on the issue

a bit more from prof on coys (who posted the galahad bit, in other words, more from the same source just with prof's words):
Two groups we want to move on. For want of a better shorthand notation, the Malcontents and the Incompatibles. Poch was forced to play some Incompatibles today because he did not want to play any of the Malcontents.
It's a choice between playing those who are (in some cases) more capable than most others in the squad, but don't care about the team, or those who have lower level skills but do care. Not great cards for MP to be dealt. We'll see how he plays them.
Is Eriksen incompatible? As he clearly wasn't able to track or help defend in the first half.
Is Lamela malcontent as has ability but plays for himself?

This is a Manager's job, you have to blend these characters or get rid. But the Manager does need authority, however, it looks as if Poch is beginning to get his excuses in.

Seems to be a common theme throughout the season tbf (itk talk of discontent in the dressing room and MP needing to weed out the key offenders)

I hope Poch has the desire and support to win the battle. If there are issues I hope he fights and builds the team in to a proper cohesive unit that play for the shirt and for him. This is what would make him a great coach/manager.

The ITK now starts to get typically more unbelievable, how they think they know this stuff....

more....

prof (who posted the initial bit on galahads behalf):Okay. The following info came to Galahad on Friday evening (with a couple of extra snippets on Saturday morning), and is from a different source to the person quoted in post #1 of this thread. He initially sent it to me just for my information and didn't want it posted, however the appearance of this thread meant that he is okay with the following being shared. Take it or leave it.

Kaboul believed that the Ade 'faction' had the ascendency, if not in numbers then in influence, due to their seniority. He felt that the refusal to tow the seniority line by the younger players (led by Kane, Dier and Mason) came as a challenge to the established order in general, and to the authority of his captaincy in particular. That's why he made the decision (very much egged on by Ade) to go to Poch and complain, with the aim of presenting the 'Kane Mutiny' (sorry, couldn't resist. :smiley9: ) as being the root cause of the team's problems. Unexpectedly, for the Ade group, Poch supported the mutiny.

Lennon was caught up in supporting players (Ade and Kaboul) with whom he has built friendships over several years. Poch spoke to him on Friday, laying out what he expects from Lennon as a player and as a teammate, and (to his credit) Lennon seems to have responded very well. Poch does not see Lennon as a major issue, more as someone who did what they thought was the right thing (being loyal to a friend) but quickly realized it wasn't. As far as Poch is concerned, Lennon is not a man-management issue.
--
-prof on jan and eriksen: They both sided with the mutineers. Solidly. Would have been easier to keep their heads down and not take sides, like Lamela, Paulinho and Dembele.

-on rose siding with ade/kabs: I have heard that from one source, but it hasn't been corroborated.

-on lennon choosing the wrong side and seen his error : It does appear that way.
############
edit: i initially totally misread the very last bit about lennon, it was in a confusing q&a bit. its been corrected.

edit again. this time about who rose was siding with.

Gaaaaaah so what is Ade and Kaboul's problem???

And why is it that Ade always seems to have a problem with any sort of Paella and Tapas manager? He's fine with the Pie and Chips men letting him do what he wants. Doesn't feel the effort is worth it? Hasn't paid off 12 games into the season? What a tool.

And more......

ali z:
From what i heard today Lennon not involved just happy to stay even if not playing.

Ade has been fined and internally suspended not sure if that has finished, he has told club won't leave but has annoyed our leader massively lately 2 seperate incidents and don't be surprised if he is left to rot in reserves.

Kaboom and Capoue will be given a chance but not part of Pochs long term plans, heard about this a week or so ago Kane is my hero.

I am whoring this from SC by the way who are whoring it from other places.

I find it all very interesting and a lot of fun.

Also, if this is all true, fantastic man-management from Poch with Lennon. And what about our young guys? Kane and Mason seem like they will grow up with a proper winners mentality. If they are able to not only see the greater good, but have the confidence of their convictions to stand up to senior players that have been at the club for multiple seasons, then really well done to them. I'm impressed.

Gaaaaaah so what is Ade and Kaboul's problem???

And why is it that Ade always seems to have a problem with any sort of Paella and Tapas manager? He's fine with the Pie and Chips men letting him do what he wants. Doesn't feel the effort is worth it? Hasn't paid off 12 games into the season? What a tool.

They think players should be picked on reputation and not form?

If this is true, I wonder what started the argument?
Perhaps its Ade's comment about the fans? Eriksen seemed to reference Ade's interview when he said that he didn't think the fans support was to blame:

"We know they [home fans] expect more and we do as well. We always want to win when we play at home and if we don’t they are not happy – it’s normal.
It’s nothing to do with that. We just need to play better at home. When we become more stable, we will have a good season.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/24/spurs-christian-eriksen

Thats only if this is true though which it could easily not be. I think it might be unfair to cast ade (or kaboul) as the villain (not that anyone has) of this as we don't know all the details or what started any of this. I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later or be able to draw our own conclusions from team selection, interviews etc.

We also don't know exactly what Kane said to Ade or what Ade said to Kane.

Lennon is not part of it. Ade has been fined and internally suspended not sure if that has finished, he has told club won't leave but has annoyed our leader massively lately 2 seperate incidents and don't be surprised if he is left to rot in reserves. Kaboom and Capoue will be given a chance but not part of Pochs long term plans.

I am whoring this from SC by the way who are whoring it from other places.

I find it all very interesting and a lot of fun.

And yet...Lennon can't get a game...and he has played the other 3 as 1st team regulars this season...and Kaboul is captain and Ade vicecaptain? I find it more than just interesting...and not much fun.:-k

Last edited:

There was a confrontation after the Stoke game between Adebayor and Kane. Most of the team sided with Kane, but Kaboul and a couple of others didn't. Kaboul then went to see the manager to voice "the squads opinion" on Kane and his supporters. It was clear to MP that Adebayor, Lennon and Kaboul do not speak for the rest of the squad. The younger players are not happy with the way the three most senior players have been behaving, training and playing.

Trix has apparently given a thumbs up to someone asking if Capoue was the third one (Ade and Kaboul being the first two I presume)

Capoue and Kaboul do seem like good mates, so it would seem to me that there could be some truth to him being the third (if there is any truth in the story that is). As for the incompatibles who played.... I'd say that would be Soldado, Dembele, Lennon, Chiriches and Paulinho. The funny thing is that "incompatible" Lennon actually made a big difference as did Chiriches with his overlapping runs.

My read on it is that the senior players want to run the show without any democratic bent, the young players are speaking up given that they're all working their *******s off and not exactly seeing the same, thus there is a stand-off between the old 'we're mates I'm older so shut up and let me do the talking' versus being fair. What a shame. At this point it certainly seems Ade is fulfilling all the comments Scara at al have consistently stated, thus I hold my hand up and say I read him wrong again. Kaboul I could not care about, in fact I'd be delighted if he went at this point because he has our armband, he has had a great chance to show true leadership and he has (as of now) ****ed it up. At this point, those two, Paulinho, Capoue can all go in January and very very quickly. Pleasantly surprised to see Vertonghen bucking his ideas up, he looks more involved and less petulant in recent weeks and I noted his celebration yesterday for the winner, he was delighted! Ditto Eriksen, this could all explain why he has been playing without confidence this season? Perhaps this noxious air hasn't helped? If so, nice to see him step up and speak up.

Poch is getting time, thankfully, and he will bring through some academy/youth players before the season is over. I am personally prepared to write this season off if the foundations of a strong future are bedded in. It's the smart way. If we keep chasing the dragon with 'nearly signings' we will be doomed to 'bestow the rest' forever. This way, we might well stand a chance of regrouping and making a proper tilt in three, four years time. I think we will see a lot more leave than come in personally, and I wouldn't be surprised if January only sees one 'big' signing. I'd expect a couple of shrewdies in there too. One good thing about Poch is he wants quality not quantity.

My read on it is that the senior players want to run the show without any democratic bent, the young players are speaking up given that they're all working their *******s off and not exactly seeing the same, thus there is a stand-off between the old 'we're mates I'm older so shut up and let me do the talking' versus being fair. What a shame. At this point it certainly seems Ade is fulfilling all the comments Scara at al have consistently stated, thus I hold my hand up and say I read him wrong again. Kaboul I could not care about, in fact I'd be delighted if he went at this point because he has our armband, he has had a great chance to show true leadership and he has (as of now) ****ed it up. At this point, those two, Paulinho, Capoue can all go in January and very very quickly. Pleasantly surprised to see Vertonghen bucking his ideas up, he looks more involved and less petulant in recent weeks and I noted his celebration yesterday for the winner, he was delighted! Ditto Eriksen, this could all explain why he has been playing without confidence this season? Perhaps this noxious air hasn't helped? If so, nice to see him step up and speak up.

Poch is getting time, thankfully, and he will bring through some academy/youth players before the season is over. I am personally prepared to write this season off if the foundations of a strong future are bedded in. It's the smart way. If we keep chasing the dragon with 'nearly signings' we will be doomed to 'bestow the rest' forever. This way, we might well stand a chance of regrouping and making a proper tilt in three, four years time. I think we will see a lot more leave than come in personally, and I wouldn't be surprised if January only sees one 'big' signing. I'd expect a couple of shrewdies in there too. One good thing about Poch is he wants quality not quantity.

I'm taking these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt at the moment but it is not the first time that we have heard that the players are resisting a new managers approach. I have heard before that some of them think that they do not need to change because they will outlast a manager and the replacement will change things again.

I'm taking these rumours with a hefty pinch of salt at the moment but it is not the first time that we have heard that the players are resisting a new managers approach. I have heard before that some of them think that they do not need to change because they will outlast a manager and the replacement will change things again.
That last sentence might be bang on the money.

Did any of these stories appear prior to the team sheet yesterday? Or after that?

I don't see it necessarily as a bad thing. Most great things are forged from conflict. If overthrowing Ade and Kaboul bonds the English, Spanish-speaking and ex-Ajax players and creates a new common purpose around a younger hungrier more steely core, then it's all for the better.

For me the interesting one who hasn't been mentioned is Lloris. Is he just keeping aloof of things (knowing the assassin never wears the crown)?

Well there is no doubt, something had to give after stoke (and villa before). I'll look the story up. Capoue, Kaboul and Ade all could be dropped for footballing reasons. Coincidence? Of the 3, I'd only want Ade in the squad. He can contribute and play at a high level.

Back