• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

hertyid

Kaboul will go. Ade is going to be harder to shift. Naughton wants first team football and you can understand why.

I find it strange that somebody could watch Berahino and not think he had all of the attributes required to be top class. Yes he still has to develop further and realise his potential, but the potential is clearly there.

Depends if his attitude is right, or if he will kick back on £50k/week and smoke a cigar.

Pulis was all over the news at the weekend trying to address that issue, trying to sell Berahino's work ethic by saying he was first out to training and last in... but if there are influences outside the game like bad friends, family, bad habits, staying out all night trying to be a gangsta, that is not conducive to progressing to the top level.

None of us really know this.

Depends if his attitude is right, or if he will kick back on £50k/week and smoke a cigar.

Pulis was all over the news at the weekend trying to address that issue, trying to sell Berahino's work ethic by saying he was first out to training and last in... but if there are influences outside the game like bad friends, family, bad habits, staying out all night trying to be a gangsta, that is not conducive to progressing to the top level.

None of us really know this.
True. I cannot comment on Berahino's life away from football and it may be that there are problems there. I am only basing my thoughts on him on his football ability where clearly he has lots. I have also always been impressed with his work rate on the pitch - against us at WHL for example he did more than his share of the dirty work (I thought he pretty much bullied Chiriches and Kaboul that day).

Wow... I like zings and think he has something about him but both Benteke and Berahino and significantly more proven than him. Hence why their would be a price difference irrelevant of his contract status

For me I'd like Ings and Berahino... But maybe I'm just greedy

His he that much more proven?

This is Beahino's second season in the Premiership and Ings first.

He has only started 28 Premier League games according to some stats I found.

I agree with you about Ings, there is something likable about him, you know a move to a bigger club wouldn't affect his work ethic and attitude, Berahino on the otherhand, not so sure.

True. I cannot comment on Berahino's life away from football and it may be that there are problems there. I am only basing my thoughts on him on his football ability where clearly he has lots. I have also always been impressed with his work rate on the pitch - against us at WHL for example he did more than his share of the dirty work (I thought he pretty much bullied Chiriches and Kaboul that day).

Granted based on rumors and the thoughts of those sad enough to post on a message board.... but some of the WBA fans say he always tries against the big clubs, less so the smaller clubs.

Granted based on rumors and the thoughts of those sad enough to post on a message board.... but some of the WBA fans say he always tries against the big clubs, less so the smaller clubs.

Being arrested for driving at 110mph, drunk, in the early hours of the morning on a school night, is a bit more than rumours.

Ings has played twice as many senior games as Berahino (140 vs 70).

The only reason Ings is cheaper is because of his contract situation - Burnley would be demanding £20m for him too if that wasn't the case

Yeah he has but in a very low standard by comparison

I like ings but find it stunning that people may wanna be critical of Berahinos record.

I remember a certain Rio Feedinand having a drink driving conviction at a similar age to Berahino... He didn't turn out too bad

Football ability is affected by mental fortitude and strength of personality

Indeed it is and on the pitch he looks the part. He is also supposed to be a very good trainer. So the question is whether the drink driving is an out of character incident that he will learn from or something that is par for the course for him. Personally I would hope that there is room for a 21 year old to learn from being given the tight guidance.

Lloris, Verts, Eriksen, Modric, Berbatov and Chadli have been some of our best signings from the last decade (along with Bale and Walker from the championship and Sandro direct from south america).

And they were generally the best (young) players in slightly weaker European leagues (France, Holland, Croatia, Germany), often with contract situations to exploit.

I think that’s a good route to continue down for an occasional player or two to complement our production line

I said Spain, Portugal, France and Italy.

So that counts out everyone except Lloris from your list.

I wouldn't worry about the off-the-field stuff. He can drive drunk every night if he wants, as long as he produces the goods on the pitch.

Football ability is affected by mental fortitude and strength of personality

and decision making, above all else

if he can't fathom the right thing to do when he's steaming drunk trying to unlock his A8 how can we trust him to make the right decision when it's the 94th minute at 1-1 and Kane has made a perfect run outside

you can't always go for it, sometimes you have to let someone else turn the key

I question his instinct and situational awareness

I'm not writing him off as a person, people makes mistakes, he's young and deserves a chance, i think we should be aiming higher though

good to see attitudes have changed, that used to be the opinion of every football person in the country

back in the day Bobby Moore bought a big car and a chauffeurs hat so he could drink and drive, the police didnt stop chauffeurs you see, at least one West Ham team mate, who's dog likes the coté d'azure, tells this story with fond adulation

I said Spain, Portugal, France and Italy.

So that counts out everyone except Lloris from your list.
I think that it always makes more sense to look at the quality of the player rather than the league they play in or where they were born.

Back