• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

BvU1NThIcAEsHLz.jpg:large

The team won't be going to Cyprus today, that's for sure. We usually fly out the day before. No idea if Soldado's travels are football-related, but this isn't to do with the Cyprus trip.

According to Twitter it is Passport Control at Heathrow when you return to the UK

He also trained as normal today apparently

All players get the day after a game off, so perfectly plausible that he did a 24 hour round trip back to Spain. Sunday lunch for his dad's 60th or something like that.

I dont see that as being stubborn, hes just back his own ability. When he looks at the likes of Lennon,Lamela ahead of him if you was Townsend would you be sitting there thinking they're a lot better than me Ill barely get a game? I wouldnt....

Maybe it's nostalgia but I would still have Lennon over Townsend. I really think Lennon will thrive under Poch. Townsend, while I still like him, his poor decision making really infuriates me if the choice came down to cashing in on him or Holtby personally it would be Townsend for me.

Sometimes, when your culture has been rotten, you need to clear all of it away. Now don't get me wrong, I do like and rate Lennon (especially defensively). However he is the last of our heavy-partying Spice Boy players. I also think that after not having progressed in nearly a decade, he's really coasting and has long since given up trying to improve.

I really can't remember the last time he had an effective game offensively. I'd maybe even be tempted to convert him into a FB (he did a good job baling out Rose against Downing).

Completely disagree. Did you see him pre-season? He has been shown the route to a 4-2-3-1 and also a 4-3-3, learning to play narrower and cut inside more. I think he has shown a lot of desire to progress under Poch so far. Have to agree that Townsend also looked sharp, good decision-making, some confidence back. I agree with Billy, keep them both!

Completely disagree. Did you see him pre-season? He has been shown the route to a 4-2-3-1 and also a 4-3-3, learning to play narrower and cut inside more. I think he has shown a lot of desire to progress under Poch so far. Have to agree that Townsend also looked sharp, good decision-making, some confidence back. I agree with Billy, keep them both!

I don't really want him to play narrower. With Eriksen and lamela both capable of coming inside, I'd like someone to stay wide and stretch the game.

If I had to make a choice I'd keep Townsend. I wouldn't be against selling either of them, in the long term neither have been great at making effective contributions to games.

I don't really want him to play narrower. With Eriksen and lamela both capable of coming inside, I'd like someone to stay wide and stretch the game.

If I had to make a choice I'd keep Townsend. I wouldn't be against selling either of them, in the long term neither have been great at making effective contributions to games.
I would keep both. They were more effective than both Eriksen and Lamella, who were guilty of over elaboration.
Lennon looked after Dier to the extent that Dier was not exposed at all, unlike Rose on the other side once the wingers switched.
I would not be surprised if Lennon ran himself into the ground trying to get in at the far post the few times we attacked with 10 men.
I suspect he followed POCH's instruction to the letter. People seem to be forgetting that we could not go gung-HO as we were down to 10 men. The midfield had to keep their 4 men shape, so inevitably Lennon in the offensive capacity was going to be limited. The question is why were those less restricted a la Lamela and especially Eriksen so wasteful?

I agree I'd keep both Townsend and Lennon. Townsend looked great when he came on against West Ham and I think he could be a quality player with the right coaching. Lennon is just a work-horse. He always follows manager's instructions and never plays the big 'i am' which is why every Spurs manager has loved him. He's a useful guy to have around the squad.

I'm afraid I've learnt not to give any credence to pre-season. So many times pre-season has made players like Dean Marney or Jamie O'Hara look like our saviours, but performances in non-competitive games just doesn't carry across.

The thing that disappointed me was Saturday, where the bad old Lennon turned up again.

Other than Lennon, there's almost no orthodox wingers left in the top leagues in Europe. Crossing is just not effective any more. Our width will be provided by our FBs, as the double pivot allows them to push on quite a lot.

I would keep both. They were more effective than both Eriksen and Lamella, who were guilty of over elaboration.
[b}Lennon looked after Dier to the extent that Dier was not exposed at all, unlike Rose on the other side once the wingers switched.[/b]
I would not be surprised if Lennon ran himself into the ground trying to get in at the far post the few times we attacked with 10 men.
I suspect he followed POCH's instruction to the letter. People seem to be forgetting that we could not go gung-HO as we were down to 10 men. The midfield had to keep their 4 men shape, so inevitably Lennon in the offensive capacity was going to be limited. The question is why were those less restricted a la Lamela and especially Eriksen so wasteful?

Lennon's defensive ability is always underrated. I noticed he also switched to save Rose when Downing was tearing him a new one.

I agree I'd keep both Townsend and Lennon. Townsend looked great when he came on against West Ham and I think he could be a quality player with the right coaching. Lennon is just a work-horse. He always follows manager's instructions and never plays the big 'i am' which is why every Spurs manager has loved him. He's a useful guy to have around the squad.

A culture of mediocrity is my concern about Lennon. I'm not sure he has the ruthlessness or ambition that Poch will want to install. For me Townsend has much more drive.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I've learnt not to give any credence to pre-season. So many times pre-season has made players like Dean Marney or Jamie O'Hara look like our saviours, but performances in non-competitive games just doesn't carry across.

The thing that disappointed me was Saturday, where the bad old Lennon turned up again.

Other than Lennon, there's almost no orthodox wingers left in the top leagues in Europe. Crossing is just not effective any more. Our width will be provided by our FBs, as the double pivot allows them to push on quite a lot.

Lennon's defensive ability is always underrated. I noticed he also switched to save Rose when Downing was tearing him a new one.

A culture of mediocrity is my concern about Lennon. I'm not sure he has the ruthlessness or ambition that Poch will want to install. For me Townsend has much more drive.

Eh?

Bizarre statement!

Countless examples that prove it wrong - not least in our game on Saturday.

Eh?

Bizarre statement!

Countless examples that prove it wrong - not least in our game on Saturday.

The goal return from traditional crosses into the box is fairly low. The average, uneducated (in terms of football) fan loves a bit of wing play and getting the ball into the box, but it's highly ineffective. Man United under Moyes put in an enormous amount of crosses, but probably scored from no more than 1 or 2 % of them.

That doesn't make wingers useless though and there are still quite a few of them around.

I want some balls on the line ITK. Some pleb we've never heard of. I'm already sick of MM & MS and we haven't even signed them.

Back