• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

JJetset said:

AT doesn't want to leave ! #justsaying

if the manager privately says to him he wont get much game time, then he will reconsider imo......Townsend wants to play, wants to get back in the england squad

He probably thinks he can force his way into team. He can be a bit stubborn that way.

He's on the fringes and we can get good money for him, so we're obviously going to listen to offers.

He probably thinks he can force his way into team. He can be a bit stubborn that way.

He's on the fringes and we can get good money for him, so we're obviously going to listen to offers.

I dont see that as being stubborn, hes just back his own ability. When he looks at the likes of Lennon,Lamela ahead of him if you was Townsend would you be sitting there thinking they're a lot better than me Ill barely get a game? I wouldnt....

I dont see that as being stubborn, hes just back his own ability. When he looks at the likes of Lennon,Lamela ahead of him if you was Townsend would you be sitting there thinking they're a lot better than me Ill barely get a game? I wouldnt....

I think Townsend has his weaknesses, just as AL and Lamela do, however he's only 23 so in theory has plenty of scope to improve - would therefore like to see us keeping him. Moreover, the big weakness which I see in Townsend is his decision making ie when to shoot, when to pass, when not to dribble because you're going down a blind alley etc - this is something which you improve with experience and coaching

He was cut from the youth teams at one stage, but kept turning up to training anyway I believe.

Footballers are notoriously thick. You'll struggle to find one who thinks he shouldn't be starting. That's where proper guidance comes in and not just greedy agents looking to sell you as many times as possible. His career would probably be best served going to a lower mid table team and get a run of games, but there's always the danger of becoming the big fish in a small pond and not improving the weak aspects of your game.

He was cut from the youth teams at one stage, but kept turning up to training anyway I believe.

Footballers are notoriously thick. You'll struggle to find one who thinks he shouldn't be starting. That's where proper guidance comes in and not just greedy agents looking to sell you as many times as possible. His career would probably be best served going to a lower mid table team and get a run of games, but there's always the danger of becoming the big fish in a small pond and not improving the weak aspects of your game.

I dont think that makes you thick at all, people on forums who think he could establish himslef as a first teamer - are they also thick? Given time he could overtake Lennon inparticular, I dont see an issue in him believing he has a future here at all....

I dont think that makes you thick at all, people on forums who think he could establish himslef as a first teamer - are they also thick? Given time he could overtake Lennon inparticular, I dont see an issue in him believing he has a future here at all....

5thAmendmentEst-e1378478184738.jpg

trix:

Have just heard this is becoming more likely. Apparently MS's peopls are looking for an exit stratergy that suits all parties. Most likely outcome is that Deschamps and France will be blamed, and saints couldn't stand in the way of his International career. Heard a couple of other bits that I will post a bit later when I get more time so I can explain them properly.

One thing that's always admirable about Townsend is his attitude. He's really determined, ambitious and keen to improve himself.

I'm definitely now in the camp of keep Townsend and lose Lennon.

Not sure Id want to lose Lennon, he's a good player to have for our English/homegrown quota and knows the club well - you need a couple of players who have been here a good few years IMO. Plus he was looking good in his new role in Pochs system, albeit pre season. Id like to see how he does over this season first before considering letting him go, and I doubt he will be disposed of this season anyway....

trix:

Have just heard this is becoming more likely. Apparently MS's peopls are looking for an exit stratergy that suits all parties. Most likely outcome is that Deschamps and France will be blamed, and saints couldn't stand in the way of his International career. Heard a couple of other bits that I will post a bit later when I get more time so I can explain them properly.
what, that Deschamps insists that Schneiderlin plays EL football in order to get in the French squad?:lol: worth a try i guess

what, that Deschamps insists that Schneiderlin plays EL football in order to get in the French squad?:lol: worth a try i guess
I believe that he made a comment before the world cup about their players need to be at top clubs to be in contention.

Just the "smarter" ITK thinking outside the box. It's a good try by the person but i cannot see this being true to be honest.

Good points. For me, I prefer to see Townsend rather than Lennon. and overall Townsend has done more in a Spurs shirt than Lamela has, so although Lamela may well be the better player he hasn't proved it yet at Spurs. I hope Townsend stays, but of course if Poch doesn't want him ...

Mind you AVB didn't want Dawson, Daws was 'stubborn', then AVB realised his mistake and reinstated Daws into the team.

Last edited:
Not sure Id want to lose Lennon, he's a good player to have for our English/homegrown quota and knows the club well - you need a couple of players who have been here a good few years IMO. Plus he was looking good in his new role in Pochs system, albeit pre season. Id like to see how he does over this season first before considering letting him go, and I doubt he will be disposed of this season anyway....

Sometimes, when your culture has been rotten, you need to clear all of it away. Now don't get me wrong, I do like and rate Lennon (especially defensively). However he is the last of our heavy-partying Spice Boy players. I also think that after not having progressed in nearly a decade, he's really coasting and has long since given up trying to improve.

I really can't remember the last time he had an effective game offensively. I'd maybe even be tempted to convert him into a FB (he did a good job baling out Rose against Downing).

Back