• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I think it's a lot more to do with who Schneiderlin is. He's one of the only decent players that they have left and the club know it. Perhaps they feel that letting him go could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Surely they'd be happy to trade with some of our premiership proven players? Baldini should be working his socks off for this one. Win -win...

[Update 137] Grey Fox with All about the money

MM and MS personal terms have been agreed and it is down to the clubs to agree the fees i.e. a case of who blinks first. On MS I have information from my normal source and a friend who has strong links with all South Coast teams and both think it will get done. My friend has heard whispers that MS's agent is threatening to take Southampton to Arbitration for restriction of trade.

As for outs, as mentioned in other threads we have 11 on the books who we would listen to offers for, but it does not mean all 11 would be sold.

[Update 138] The Goat on Schneiderlin

Who: The Goat
When: 14th August
Where: SC

The Goat is hearing that Southampton feel they have a point to prove which as it stands will result in Schneiderlin not getting his move until January.

Goat's news is hardly earth-shattering. I'm hearing that the Saints chairman said on the club's own website that neither Scnneiderlin or Rodriguez would be sold this summer.

[Update 139] Storts re: $chneiderlin

Who: Storts
Where: COYS
When: August 14th

Ossie85 said: ↑
Storts on COYS re Schneiderlin

Basically it all comes down to whether we up our bid massively. Right now the bid we put in was well below their asking price and they are not going to lose face by selling him under value. Their statements relate to this because they are confident we won't meet their asking price. A lot can happen over the next few weeks but we need to ship players out for it to be in consideration.

[Update 140] The Goat on Schneiderlin (again)

Who: The Goat
When: 14th August
Where: SC

In response to Update 139

Regarding Schneiderlin: The Goat hears that we bid exactly what we were told he would be sold for. It's Southampton moving the goalposts here.

I think it's a lot more to do with who Schneiderlin is. He's one of the only decent players that they have left and the club know it. Perhaps they feel that letting him go could be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

They should've thought of that before selling Lallana, Lambert, Shaw, Lovren, Chambers and, now it seems, Cork. They have two realistic options now.

1. Keep the player against his wishes, with it being likely that he sulks, doesn't play well and creates a bad atmosphere around the first team squad. He will still expect a transfer in January, won't want to get injured by then and his value will perhaps drop as he is involved in first team games in the first half of the season.

2. Agree to sell him for a good fee and use the money to get in players that want to play for the club.

While we managed to engineer a third option with Modric the season that he angled for a move to Chelsea, it was slightly easier for us in the fact we retained the same manager and didn't sell off half of Modric's fellow first team players.

Something that is quite surprising in my opinion though is that I don't think we have yet seen an official transfer request from the player? This surprises me - and I think it would be a poor show from the player if he thinks he can engineer a move away from Southampton without submitting this so that he still receives the remaining 70% of his signing on fee ('loyalty bonus') upon being sold. I wonder whether we'll see a deal being done in the next couple of weeks where all parties agree the transfer and then the player submits the official request to make it look more like the club didn't have a choice and also to ensure they don't have to pay Schneiderlin a few million upon selling him.

They should've thought of that before selling Lallana, Lambert, Shaw, Lovren, Chambers and, now it seems, Cork. They have two realistic options now.

1. Keep the player against his wishes, with it being likely that he sulks, doesn't play well and creates a bad atmosphere around the first team squad. He will still expect a transfer in January, won't want to get injured by then and his value will perhaps drop as he is involved in first team games in the first half of the season.

2. Agree to sell him for a good fee and use the money to get in players that want to play for the club.

While we managed to engineer a third option with Modric the season that he angled for a move to Chelsea, it was slightly easier for us in the fact we retained the same manager and didn't sell off half of Modric's fellow first team players.

Something that is quite surprising in my opinion though is that I don't think we have yet seen an official transfer request from the player? This surprises me - and I think it would be a poor show from the player if he thinks he can engineer a move away from Southampton without submitting this so that he still receives the remaining 70% of his signing on fee ('loyalty bonus') upon being sold. I wonder whether we'll see a deal being done in the next couple of weeks where all parties agree the transfer and then the player submits the official request to make it look more like the club didn't have a choice and also to ensure they don't have to pay Schneiderlin a few million upon selling him.

I think he will move this window but Southampton want him there at the start of the season and sell him as late as possible thus saying "We tried as hard as we could to keep him".

Still not convinced we need him though.

I think he will move this window but Southampton want him there at the start of the season and sell him as late as possible thus saying "We tried as hard as we could to keep him".

Still not convinced we need him though.

Agreed on the first point. I disagree on the second though. The only midfielder I see in our squad who has the attributes to play like Scheiderlin is Bentaleb and I think that would be a big responsibility to place on such a young, inexperienced player. Bringing in Schneiderlin would allow us to sell one of Capoue, Sandro or Dembele. Personally I would retain the latter as I think he has the athletisism and physicallity to play a box to box destroyer type role.

Agreed on the first point. I disagree on the second though. The only midfielder I see in our squad who has the attributes to play like Scheiderlin is Bentaleb and I think that would be a big responsibility to place on such a young, inexperienced player. Bringing in Schneiderlin would allow us to sell one of Capoue, Sandro or Dembele. Personally I would retain the latter as I think he has the athletisism and physicallity to play a box to box destroyer type role.

That responsibility was dumped on his shoulders the minute Sherwood said "You're playing this week", he didn't shirk that responsibility and it's his performances last season that make me think he can play even at that age. The old phrase "if you're good enough you're old enough" springs to mind.

Lamela and Musacchio are interacting on Instagram. I don't know how well they know each other from U21s, or whether they have recently gotten in touch about life in London etc.

BvEsIxFCcAIjsto.jpg

That responsibility was dumped on his shoulders the minute Sherwood said "You're playing this week", he didn't shirk that responsibility and it's his performances last season that make me think he can play even at that age. The old phrase "if you're good enough you're old enough" springs to mind.

The same Sherwood also decided to drop Bentaleb a few months later, by his own words because playing every game was too much for a kid that age (not an exact quote).

I just don't think it's realistic, or even fair, to expect a player at that age in central midfield to perform consistently over a season as first choice.

Bentaleb is far from ready...that's why we're after schneiderlin ! He may be ready for the responsibility, but he is not ready as a player yet.

Bentaleb is far from ready...that's why we're after schneiderlin ! He may be ready for the responsibility, but he is not ready as a player yet.

Agree - he needs to be eased in, unless we accept that we dont want to push to finish as high as we can and put player development first. Ear-marking Bentaleb as a starter in all cup games and him being around the fringes of the starting 11 in the leage would make sense to me

Goat's news is hardly earth-shattering. I'm hearing that the Saints chairman said on the club's own website that neither Scnneiderlin or Rodriguez would be sold this summer.

And wasn't there an article in the telegraph about 11 players being available?

Back