• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

I wouldn't mind. I used to be of the mindset that I would prefer him to stay but now, he can leave if the deal is right. I think he has a lot more to give but I'm not entirely convinced that he fits in to our formation and system.

I think it would be frustrating to see him succeed with another Premiership club but I'd be happy for them to be the club taking the gamble. Plus it would safeguard Holtby's future at our club.

I wouldn't mind. I used to be of the mindset that I would prefer him to stay but now, he can leave if the deal is right. I think he has a lot more to give but I'm not entirely convinced that he fits in to our formation and system.

I think it would be frustrating to see him succeed with another Premiership club but I'd be happy for them to be the club taking the gamble. Plus it would safeguard Holtby's future at our club.

Lot's of people are assuming the Holtby rumours to Hamburg are true and this means we are getting Isco on loan ;)

Storts on Coys;

On the slim possibility of a surprise signing:

''Ha, possibly, please don't get excited, I was told there's a possibility on the last day of the window for one from RM on loan, but highly unlikely i'd say, just a slight possiblity.''

If we were to get exactly amount we paid for him would people be ok for him to go to somewhere like United or Liverpool?

I know he hasn't had the greatest first year and it's also still not completely obvious how to get the best out of him but I think I would feel better if he went abroad than to a rival if we did decide to let him go.

If a big EPL club is interested, it will be Chelsea - Mourinho's had a hard-on for him for a while.

I've changed my view on Paulinho since I've seen Poch's 4-2-3-1 in operation. I'm less convinced now that we have a role for a box-to-box midfielder (I'd previously talked him up as our version of Steven Davis).

Paulinho is probably our 5th best option for the CM roles (after EC, SR, NB, MD, arguably even RM) and our 7th best option for one of the AM roles (after EL, CE, NC, LH, AT and AL).

So I'd be happy to let him go to Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool, particularly if it enables us to keep Sandro. And remember Veron - a EPL move didn't solve his issues.

Lot's of people are assuming the Holtby rumours to Hamburg are true and this means we are getting Isco on loan ;)

Storts on Coys;

On the slim possibility of a surprise signing:

''Ha, possibly, please don't get excited, I was told there's a possibility on the last day of the window for one from RM on loan, but highly unlikely i'd say, just a slight possiblity.''
The Hamburg chairman has confirmed that they are in advanced talks for him. I posted a link to the quotes in the general transfer discussion thread.

The Hamburg chairman has confirmed that they are in advanced talks for him. I posted a link to the quotes in the general transfer discussion thread.

His quote is: “I’d be lying if I said that we have nothing to do with Holtby.” The 'advanced talks' was added by the journalist.

All that shows is they've made a bid, which we've possibly/likely rejected.

Holtby fits so well into Poch's system - his introduction against West Ham has a game changer and he featured heavily in pre-season - that I can't see him going anywhere.

His quote is: “I’d be lying if I said that we have nothing to do with Holtby.” The 'advanced talks' was added by the journalist.

Holtby fits so well into Poch's system - his introduction against West Ham has a game changer and he featured heavily in pre-season - that I can't see him going anywhere.
I think that is what you would like to happen rather than what is happening but I guess all will be revealed in the next few days.

If a big EPL club is interested, it will be Chelsea - Mourinho's had a hard-on for him for a while.

I've changed my view on Paulinho since I've seen Poch's 4-2-3-1 in operation. I'm less convinced now that we have a role for a box-to-box midfielder (I'd previously talked him up as our version of Steven Davis).

Paulinho is probably our 5th best option for the CM roles (after EC, SR, NB, MD, arguably even RM) and our 7th best option for one of the AM roles (after EL, CE, NC, LH, AT and AL).

So I'd be happy to let him go to Chelsea, Man U or Liverpool, particularly if it enables us to keep Sandro. And remember Veron - a EPL move didn't solve his issues.

I know it's a big leap but on the slighest possibility that an Isco loan was to happen. How would he fit in to our formation. I know everyone thinks he is an amazing talent but I havent seen him enough to know what style of player he is.

Tut tut GB, you know you can't read anything into pre-season ;)

I know it's a big leap but on the slighest possibility that an Isco loan was to happen. How would he fit in to our formation. I know everyone thinks he is an amazing talent but I havent seen him enough to know what style of player he is.

Isco is versatile across the front 3 - he'd be the third of the 3 AMs alongside Eriksen and Lamela. I think he prefers ACM or LWF.

But it's not going to happen. He's a £30m player who has only been there 12 months. Sending him to us wouldn't help his development.

rebrab

Normally I never bother posting it when its so clear, but because there's been so little information on the boards about this particular deal I will say Fazio fee is done. Also I had no idea about him until a couple of weeks ago (and that was through public information!) so its fair to assume that we've moved quickly on this one. DL loves a release clause and keeps them in his back pocket in case he needs to deal late - I said this last year and I'll say it again, don't be surprised if we trigger one if we're in need of another player, although personally I think its just another midfield superstar if anyone.

If we were to get exactly amount we paid for him would people be ok for him to go to somewhere like United or Liverpool?

I know he hasn't had the greatest first year and it's also still not completely obvious how to get the best out of him but I think I would feel better if he went abroad than to a rival if we did decide to let him go.

If we were to get back anywhere near what we paid for him, I'd be more concerned with cleaning up the mess I'd have just ecaculated all over the floor than wondering where he's gone. However, if I got the option of choosing, I'd prefer him to weaken a rival like Man Utd or Liverpool by taking away budget and playing time for actual footballers than go abroad.

If we were to get back anywhere near what we paid for him, I'd be more concerned with cleaning up the mess I'd have just ecaculated all over the floor than wondering where he's gone. However, if I got the option of choosing, I'd prefer him to weaken a rival like Man Utd or Liverpool by taking away budget and playing time for actual footballers than go abroad.

Completely agree with your thought process but it'd be typically Spurs-esque for him to become an absolute beast for United or Chelsea after just seeming relatively braindead in a footballing sense for us mainly...

Who: The Goat
When: 27th August
Where: SC

The Goat has heard the following:

Musacchio got too complicated with third parties/agent messing around so it looks like that's been shelved, although you never know.

The Goat was also told Fazio medical might get done today, so maybe an announcement later today/tomorrow. We'll see.

Schneiderlin. The club still believe we can get this done and have even offered three different players although no specific names were offered. The Goat was told if this gets done it'll be very late.

Things at the club are on the up, everyone is very happy under Pochettino, the players love him and love working under him, there's a genuine feeling amongst the players that things can be achieved in the next year or two and everyone wants to be part of that. The club are trying to offload three or four, Sandro, Townsend, Paulinho and Lennon can go for reasonable money if they can be convinced they won't be getting much game time.

The Goat has also been told we're already working toward January (Rodriguez and Moreno) and also that Baldini has been travelling around Europe the last few weeks to both find buyers and younger talent from Italy and Spain.

Who: Trix
When: 27th August
Where: COYS

Mazio done.

Schneiderlin

A lot closer than it was this time last week. Saints are bending under the pressure from the player his representitives and RK himself, who would rather his own people who want to be there, I am told this is not dependant on Andros going the other way although both clubs would quite like it to be the case.

I personally think this is very likely to happen now.

J-Rod

Poch still very much wants him in now although very unlikely if we get MS. We will certainly be back in for him at a later date though if we don't get him now.

Brazillians

Sandro is very likely to be off(deal basically agreed), and Paulinho not far behind him (although most likely a loan with an option), both to Italy is what I am told. Asked about the Prem teams that were rumoured in for Pauline, and drew a blank.

Soldado

As I have already posted, is available but no one is getting close to what we want for him. Had an offer to loan him which was knocked back as it doesn't benefit us at all. Think he is likely to still be here when the window closes. We are looking at options in case this happens but it's doubtful so if it does, don't expect a big name brought in to replace him.

Any decent offers for the fringe players are likely to be accepted as long as it suits us numbers wise. Very doubtful any others coming in on permenant deals unless others leave.

Only position Poch feels is week is WF(both sides) so players that offer us options are being looked at, and could well be a possibility. Was told Welbeck was not that likely as things stand.

JJetset has opened his mouth again, but again there's just nothing interesting in it. I'll summarize - we may or may not be buying and/or selling any more players before the window shuts, and he may or may not tell us about it if he gets to know something. :lol:

JJetset has opened his mouth again, but again there's just nothing interesting in it. I'll summarize - we may or may not be buying and/or selling any more players before the window shuts, and he may or may not tell us about it if he gets to know something. :lol:

Thank mate. Saves the hassle of reading the tripe and dissing it. All in one post instead :)

He said Musacchio was done and that Verts had signed a new contract over a week ago. They still treat him like a GHod over at SC. He really is a poor ITK

He said Musacchio was done and that Verts had signed a new contract over a week ago. They still treat him like a GHod over at SC. He really is a poor ITK

To be fair he didn't say Musacchio was done. He said everything had been agreed in principle but we'd pulled back playing it cool and he was 80% confident of the deal going ahead.

Back