• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

This thread is one of the few things that keep me interested in the off season. Wha with the expected managerial change I can see a few outs and maybe a few ins to redress the balance of the squad. Depends what the new man wants but going fit a bit of proven PL experience can't be a bad thing when you add that to the fact that last years lot (bar the lam) should have settled a little.

We need a Lb, cb, and cf for sure.

Where: SC
When: now 8 May

The Journalist said: ↑

I totally ackowedge what the goat has said. To say there is unrest at the cub is an understatement. Many pleyers have questioned the clubs direction and a number of players have made noises about wanting out. Lloris wants out for a start and a number of players will follow

This boils my ****. I know this season has been a mess but these players are paid shed loads of money to play football so just shut the **** up and fulfil your contract to the best of your ability.

(GHod I sound like Sherwood in that post- I'm not Sherwood btw)

This boils my ****. I know this season has been a mess but these players are paid shed loads of money to play football so just shut the **** up and fulfil your contract to the best of your ability.

(GHod I sound like Sherwood in that post- I'm not Sherwood btw)

Got to agree with Marky here. Levy hasn't done us any favours with his transfer habits and difficulties with managers.

But like any decent businessman I hope he is learning lessons constantly and really plans his next move carefully. We need a name who can keep these players happy.

Who: The Goat
When: 9th May
Where: SC

The Goat has had his earhole whispered into, some of which fleshes out yesterdays bits.

Lloris is more likely to go to Monaco than PSG now that Valdes is injured. (Hugo's brother plays just down the road in Nice)

Kaboul is looking like he'll be released.

Capoue - was close to joining Napoli on deadline day in January. A deal was agreed in principle for around 9m but at the last minute Daniel Levy upped it to 14m, plus clauses for champions league qualification, Serie A winners etc and a big sell on fee.

The whole thing about Sherwood not knowing who he (Capoue) is etc when he picked Bentaleb drove him insane and they had words a few times about it. The whole Bentaleb thing was part of TS trying to bluff his way to DL that he could save him cash i.e. playing the game.

Not many of the players like Sherwood (nothing new I know) and some of the players have said that its the worst atmosphere we've had at WHL in years

Vertonghen is willing to stay if FdB gets the job.

:-k

You do realise you are taking 'the journalist' seriously?

"the journalist" if he or she says anything dont bother reading it, nothing they have ever predicted has come to light in the 2 or 3 years I have been on this forum.

For two transfer windows "the journalist" said we wanted Farfan and Huntalaar from Schalke only for the deal to be cancelled at the last minute. The "the journalist" is the opposite to ITK!!! :lol:

It looks likely that any of Lloris, Vertoghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue and perhaps Dembele are looking for the exit door this summer, but that's fine they are not irreplaceable, they should leave if they don't want to fight for our club. Levy can do what he does best and get us the best price and trust in Baldini to target some quality replacements.

I thought Kaboul still had a year to go on his contract, or was that a one year option?

It looks likely that any of Lloris, Vertoghen, Sandro, Paulinho, Capoue and perhaps Dembele are looking for the exit door this summer, but that's fine they are not irreplaceable, they should leave if they don't want to fight for our club. Levy can do what he does best and get us the best price and trust in Baldini to target some quality replacements.

I thought Kaboul still had a year to go on his contract, or was that a one year option?

They don't want to fight for the manager - that's a very different thing.

The new guy could really inspire these players and turn them into a core of a championship challenging side over the next 3-5 years.

They don't want to fight for the manager - that's a very different thing.

The new guy could really inspire these players and turn them into a core of a championship challenging side over the next 3-5 years.

The funny thing is that those players were not stellar in the first half of the season either. So whilst it appears that you don't want to admit it, the problem with them began before Sherwood walked in the door.

Wouldn't that ensure another season of massive changes in the team?

4 central midfielders out, starting centre back and first choice goalkeeper all out. Add to that the likelihood of us bringing in a new left back and possibly a new striker and all of a sudden we have more changes to our starting line-up than we did last summer.

Same here, seems bizarrely underrated on here at times. The supply teacher definitely can't complain about his performances.

Same for me, would be a really sad day if he leaves.

Good point about his performances. For someone being linked away, and as high profile as he is, reportedly considering a move, and having a nailed on starting spot for France in the upcoming World Cup and for someone with good reason to be a bit ****ed off after he got that knee to the head and was kept on against Everton his performances and dedication has been fantastic. Hasn't shown any fear, hasn't pulled out of situations that could have gotten him injured, just kept on doing what it is he does. Should get a lot of credit for that.

Not talking about the rightness or wrongness, just saying he wasn't forced to stay on.

And still, I really don't see the relevance.

He would have every right to be ****ed off after that even if he wanted to stay on himself at the time! For me at least, but then I tend to think that the opinions of people that have just been kneed to the head hard enough to probably be left unconscious for a little while shouldn't always be taken at face value. I think people's judgement at that point might be just a little bit impaired.

Wouldn't that ensure another season of massive changes in the team?

4 central midfielders out, starting centre back and first choice goalkeeper all out. Add to that the likelihood of us bringing in a new left back and possibly a new striker and all of a sudden we have more changes to our starting line-up than we did last summer.

I'm not saying all of those players will go, and who we appoint as manager for next season may change their stance. I'd much rather we didn't have another season with high turnover, but I expect to see at least a few of those listed to leave us this summer.

It never takes long for the new ITK thread to derail. \o/

Back