• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Agreed, Fayed is spot on here.

Wigan had a perfectly normal goal disallowed tonight because they were playing Man Utd.

For me this gets the biggest 'WTF!?' this season. As a spursalot says, if an official saw it then a straight red has to follow, if not then a ban has to follow.

There just has to be an inquiry into such decisions surely.

Two of the match officials mentioned the incident in their match reports. It turns out that they did not have a clear view of the incident but because it was in their match reports the FA are not allowed to take further action under FIFA rules. It is unfortunate and the FIFA rules should be changed but it is not an example of corruption.

Two of the match officials mentioned the incident in their match reports. It turns out that they did not have a clear view of the incident but because it was in their match reports the FA are not allowed to take further action under FIFA rules. It is unfortunate and the FIFA rules should be changed but it is not an example of corruption.

It's an example of ineptitude. Which is possibly just as bad.

I'd also like to add that Fifa have told the FA they can do what they want in relation to charging people post-game. The FA just seem to want to try and use Fifa as an excuse to avoid doing anything.

It's an example of ineptitude. Which is possibly just as bad.

I'd also like to add that Fifa have told the FA they can do what they want in relation to charging people post-game. The FA just seem to want to try and use Fifa as an excuse to avoid doing anything.

Possibly but I am not sure that you would want the match officials to view replays of incidents before filing their match reports. It is right that they write their reports based on what they saw and why they made decisions during the games.

I do not think that the FA should change the way that they handle these incidents mid-season. I think that the rules in relation to this should be changed and that violent conduct, along with diving and simulation, should be subject to retrospective action regardless of what the match officials saw during the game. But I think that this change should come in from the beginning of next season.

Agreed, Fayed is spot on here.

Wigan had a perfectly normal goal disallowed tonight because they were playing Man Utd.

In fairness though, I understand that Wigan's goal came from a corner that should have been a goal-kick.

I think refereeing and 'linesmaning' are incredibly difficult jobs, and mistakes are inevitable. And honestly, it must be difficult not to be subconsciously affected by loud crowds or protesting players.

For me, if people are going to constantly go on about incorrect decisions, the only answer is to bring in some sort of challenge system, like in the NFL. Each team gets one challenge per game, if they believe an incorrect decision was given. The 4th official immediately watches a video replay, and has the power to overturn the decision if necessary. Not a perfect system, but would result in less incorrect big decisions, without too much interruption of the game (everyone's normally watching the replay on Sky anyway!)

Also, the FA needs to start doing more retrospectively, in particular to stamp out diving. It would be SO easy to ban players who clearly dive, Drogba against Napoli being a perfect example (in Europe though, I know).

Really?

Quite frankly, that is disgusting, and further strengthens my view that something is very bent in football.

Shocking isn't it? He barely touched Young

Wait for Ivanovic to walk clean after claiming he didn't have violent intent after being captured on camera punching another human being in the ribs. What a bunch of qunts.

Last edited:
Shocking isn't it? He barely touched Young

Wait for Ivanovic to walk clean after claiming he didn't have violent intent after being captured on camera punching another human being in the ribs. What a bunch of qunts.

Thing is, is it corruption (which I believe exists) or pure ineptitude (which definitely exists)?

I watched my eldest sons match last night, which was reffed by a fully qualified, experienced, Sussex league referee, and quite frankly, he was cringeworthy in his decision making.
So if it happens at that level, which overall isn't that important, I'm sure it is multiplied ten fold at the top end with all the pressure.

They should have sensors on top of the advertising boards which span across the pitch via lasers all linked to a super computwe that understands the offside rules.. players have a sensor in the shorts that the lasers pick up on.. the ball also has a sensor.. basically instantly saying someone is offside. It will not be implemented due to it not being viable in Sunday park football whixh everyone knows is a flimflam excuse.

Last edited:
They should have sensors on top of the advertising boards which span across the pitch via lasers all linked to a super computwe that understands the offside rules.. players have a sensor in the shorts that the lasers pick up on.. the ball also has a sensor.. basically instantly saying someone is offside. It will not be implemented due to it not being viable in Sunday park football whixh everyone knows is a flimflam excuse.

I like the premise, but the fact that it is a contact sport would make this tricky. Would you end up with players being forced to change their shorts because they have broken their chip falling on it mid-tackle?

Also the ball would require a very intelligent sensor that could distinguish between members of each team.

And this is without taking into account the current incarnation of the offside rule stating that players have to be 'interfering' with play to be offside. How would the computer determine this?

A system that allows people to review and decide would be far far simpler, but would still be subject to human error..

I like the premise, but the fact that it is a contact sport would make this tricky. Would you end up with players being forced to change their shorts because they have broken their chip falling on it mid-tackle?

Also the ball would require a very intelligent sensor that could distinguish between members of each team.

And this is without taking into account the current incarnation of the offside rule stating that players have to be 'interfering' with play to be offside. How would the computer determine this?

A system that allows people to review and decide would be far far simpler, but would still be subject to human error..

Add to that the fact that the rule refers not to where the player's shorts are, but the last "ball-playing" part of the body. They'd all have to wear these:

toshiba_vr_helmet.jpg

Just saw the Derry incident. Absolutely shocking.

No penalty, definitely not a red card - more likely a yellow for diving - but of course a blatant offside decision not called.
And then the shameless FA decide to let the red card stand. I mean, WTF?

Seriously, someone needs to take action and soon, otherwise football is dying. The frustrating thing is that there are so many simple measures to improve tha game that have been pointed out for years, that are not even being considered even tested out. Instead football authorities are digging their own graves (literally, considering the age of some of these dinosaurs), graves in which they are prepared to take our beautiful game with them into.

Do football fans want diving out of the game? Yes.
Do football fans want poor refereing decisions minimised? Yes.
Do football fans want a financially fair and competitive game? Yes.
Do football fans want a corrupt game? No.

Really, it's that simple, yet football authorities are still dingdonging around doing fudge all. How many years have video refereeing, goal line technology and financial fair play rules been discussed and talked about now? I've been pulling my hair out from the lack initiative of it for longer than I can remember. There is so much money in the game (which, frankly is the problem), that introducing measures to improve the game literally could be done overnight, at least in top flight football.

Nobody wants goal line cameras or refereeing panels for Sunday league matches, but with so much at stake at least show the supporters of Premier League teams - who dish out millions and millions of pounds yearly - enough respect to make sure there are no more Mendez incicents. Hell, you could just give the fourth official access to the Sky coverage, it wouldn't have to cost a dime. And it would be an important addition to the game, because lets face it, one or two of these incidents each season are one or two too many. We, as Spurs fans, should know that.

Instead, the dingdonging around commences, and nothing is done, which to me sums up the core of the problem: The lack of any will to do anything that will improve the game for the supporters.

Because as long as FA, FIFA, sponsors and powerful owners see financial gain in the current situation, fudge all will be done to address the real issues that plague football today.

The question is how far these parties will go to uphold status quo. I think the question answers itself.

Yes football is majorly corrupt.

Sky run football by dictating kick off times dates etc they can plan what games would benifit what club.

The most corrupt of all are the FA and whos on the board our friend David Dein...say no more.

Why do you think they have dragged out approaching Rednapp...cause Dein knows it would/has ****ed us up.

Thats why Arsenal played sunday and had 3 days rest over easter when us chelsea and Saudi Sportswashing Machine had 2 days.

corrupt.

I hate the phrase "bad decisions even themselves out"

A penalty given against us in the FA Cup is not the same as a penalty given for us when we are 4-0 down last game of the season when nothing is there to play for.

Referees and the association can suck my dingdong.

I hate the phrase "bad decisions even themselves out"

A penalty given against us in the FA Cup is not the same as a penalty given for us when we are 4-0 down last game of the season when nothing is there to play for.

Referees and the association can suck my dingdong.

Do you not think its an impossible job and they're doing the best they can until FIFA allow them to view replays and introduce goal line technology?

Do you not think its an impossible job and they're doing the best they can until FIFA allow them to view replays and introduce goal line technology?

They have the benefit of video replay when appealing decisions, and in the case of Derry getting sent off and the appeal being turned down, I really have lost a lot of faith in this opaque, draconian system.
Furthermore, incompetence on the part of officials isn't defensible, especially when they're allowed to continue officiating games despite making shocking decisions. If there's no accountability, they will continue to flounder and flop around. They're just a bricky Vatican.

Back