• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
He gave us a pen at the Stadium of brick when we did them 4-1, I will never forget that but he did seem to forget how to referee after that decision.

I feel a poll coming on.....

Foy is in a league of his own (well at least I wish he was, in Greenland or somewhere like that, the prick).

I would add that your/our team gets 90+ mins to beat the other team. For instance today the ref got 2 major decisions wrong which cost us but at the same time we had the ability - almost 70% of play for the game to change that but we wasted it. Whats the point in blaming the ref all the time. He gave a corner that should not have been - could we have not just defended this corner and headed it away??? With that amount of play you cant blame the ref as you must have been below par in the first place not to have won the game.

It evens itself out over a season.

Cool. When?

By my count we are "owed" 7 points from decision's not going our way (Pen's and Ade offside against Stoke= 3 more pts, handball for their goal and Ade offside V Chelsea= 2 more pts, not a corner and Ade not offside V wolves= 2 more points) , and I'd like to see if or when this flimflam cliche will come into play? Could be a few good weeks at Etihad, Anfield and Emirates, perhaps?

Cool. When?

By my count we are "owed" 7 points from decision's not going our way (Pen's and Ade offside against Stoke= 3 more pts, handball for their goal and Ade offside V Chelsea= 2 more pts, not a corner and Ade not offside V wolves= 2 more points) , and I'd like to see if or when this flimflam cliche will come into play? Could be a few good weeks at Etihad, Anfield and Emirates, perhaps?

Stoke and yesterday really stick in the throat

Cool. When?

Don't forget that we should have dropped 2 points against Fulham; Walker clearly handled the ball in our area but it wasn't spotted. So far this season we are yet to concede a penalty; I'm sure other clubs will be shouting about how they should have had a penalty against us, whereas we have probably blanked the incident from our memory. I think we remember more clearly when we were ruled against than when we were given the decision and so that affects our view of the balance of points we have earned over the course of the season. I'm sure there were those who felt Benny handled in the area against Chelsea and that the incident went unpunished.

And then when you notice a team like Chelscum having so many ref decision going their way, it becomes even more frustrating

In their games against Emirates Marketing Project, Wolves, us, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and then Sunderland yesterday, they have had some decisions going their way, who are quite unbeliveable.

They would be a midtable team had the refs done their jobs properly.

The 3 Ade offisdes alone have cost us 5 pts in the 3 games. I suppose all teams say the same sort of thing. But all this 'things even out' is all b#llocks.
Halfway the 2nd half we were incorrectly awarded a corner, loads of people around us all said if there was such a thing as karma, or justice, we would have scored from it, just like they did.

Then again....us score from a corner? What were we thinking of!!

Don't forget that we should have dropped 2 points against Fulham; Walker clearly handled the ball in our area but it wasn't spotted. So far this season we are yet to concede a penalty; I'm sure other clubs will be shouting about how they should have had a penalty against us, whereas we have probably blanked the incident from our memory. I think we remember more clearly when we were ruled against than when we were given the decision and so that affects our view of the balance of points we have earned over the course of the season. I'm sure there were those who felt Benny handled in the area against Chelsea and that the incident went unpunished.

but wouldn't that make the fulham game 3-2 not 3-1 (if we're presuming all the other goals still happened. and also the same for Chelsea, would still have made the score 2-1 instead of 1-1.

The offside's are the most ridiculous, penalty's happen, but to have 3 goals by the same player to wrongly chalked offside, in the same season is quite astonishing.

We're still owed for Mendes and the non goal at Stamford Bridge last season, never evens itself out.

Bastard refs.

I dont agree with that adage.

For example I would rather have a decision made right against bricky than made incorrectly which costs us the game (but evening itself out against Bolton at home when youre 1-0 up for example)

We have had a couple of decisions go our way for example Cahill against Bolton or maybe Fulham penalty.

The offside's are the most ridiculous, penalty's happen, but to have 3 goals by the same player to wrongly chalked offside, in the same season is quite astonishing.

This! It was not as if he was level, or anything contentious like that, for the games against Stoke and Wolves?

but wouldn't that make the fulham game 3-2 not 3-1 (if we're presuming all the other goals still happened. and also the same for Chelsea, would still have made the score 2-1 instead of 1-1.

Linnet - totally agree its fudged up. I have a theory that the Linesman are so used to giving Ade offside that they have made up their minds regardless whether he is actually offside or not.

Back