• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

It Evens Itself Out Over A Season - The Ref's A ****

Who is the worst recent Premier League referee?

• Howard "Red" Webb

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Chris "What a Foy" Foy

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Mark "Emotional" Clattenburg

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Give us a Clue" Dean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uriah "Two Tickets to the UR Show" Rennie

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Mike "Beachball" Jones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.N.Other

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Goal line technology is the biggest red herring of football. Let's bring in a new and expensive system to sort out those 1-2 situations each season that the refs may or may not get wrong. Meanwhile there are several offside and penalty errors made every week.

I don't think video refs would slow the game down much at all. It could even speed it up. We're already seeing game after game being slowed down because players are complaining, whinging, rolling around on the ground and acting like dingdongheads. With video refs a lot of this could disappear, speeding up the game. The vast majority of the decisions would probably take no longer than a substitution or slight injury anyway. Small price to pay for more fairness in the game. Not even a price to pay compared to the price we're currently paying with the diving and whinging we're currently seeing.

Good post.

Goal line technology should not even be a debate. It doesn't even need to be trialled. It can be introduced tomorrow, but it will have no affect on 99% of games

The reason retrospective bans won't be introduced is because it would open the door to every decision being challenged and forcing them to codify the basis on which they are deciding whether or not simulation has taken place. As long as it's all in the heat of the game and it's just the referee's split-second decision, they can get away without any of that, but as soon as it turns into someone reviewing video evidence, they'll have to provide a higher standard of "proof" that the player has cheated. I'd still be very much in favour of it, personally, though.

I have to say that is an unbelievable outcome. Derry barely touched the Young. He dived like he'd been shot in and it was offside to boot.

The fact that it was offside can't be taken into account. That is a separate decision to the one that ends up with him getting sent off.

The fact that it has been upheld is sending the message that divers prosper...

So the FA reject QPRs appeal for Derrys red card.

Protecting the refs integrity or corrupt?

They're trying to brush the incident under the carpet - 'nothing to see here, move on now'.

I firmly believe that referee either had money on the game himself, or those around him did. There is no other explanation as to why he'd so willingly not only award the penalty, but also so keenly brandish the red card, thus further weakening QPR. The 'referees' assistant' was also smack bang in-line with play; there was a question as to on/offisde - so why wasn't the linesman consulted?

That was corruption played out in front of us. And while, in the public area, the FA will window dress this as 'nothing to see', I'd be mightily surprised if there hasn't been an internal investigation launched.

The fact that it was offside can't be taken into account. That is a separate decision to the one that ends up with him getting sent off.

Fair enough but I still fail to see how brushing someone with your hand is a red card. It was about as blantant a dive as I've ever seen.
I think I'm with Sheikh on this. Smells very fishy.

'FOOTBALL
Re Mario Balotelli, the FA say they cannot take retrospective action because the incident was seen by at least one of the four match officials. However, Balotelli still faces a three-match suspension for his sending off for two unrelated bookings in the same game.'

I think i'm joining the corrupt bandwagon. So the Balotelli tackle was seen by one of the officials, and they did nothing? Do they not really care about the professionals playing this game?

If Song had his foot planted that would have ended his career.

There is corruption.
If Bale can score hat-trick in 45 mins vs Inter Milan then how can he not score hat-trick vs Sunderland in 90mins?
Inter Milan are better than Sunderland.

:lol:

Seriously fella, who do you support?

Are you a Gooner who has slipped our net?..........or a jealous Whammer?

Because there is no way you are:
A) A yid
B) Over 12

I distinctly remember a poster on here saying that the level of corruption is beyond any of our comprehension, the scandal in Italy was merely the tip of the iceberg. I don't know whether he still posts on here though, or what has happened to him!

I have just reviewed the incidents at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford and both of them add fuel to the argument that football is corrupt? This allied to the events that we have witnessed, this season at home to Wolves and away to Stoke, strengthens my belief that these things do not even themselves out.

It would be interesting to know how many bad decisions have gone against Chelsea and Manchester United, either home or away?

'FOOTBALL
Re Mario Balotelli, the FA say they cannot take retrospective action because the incident was seen by at least one of the four match officials. However, Balotelli still faces a three-match suspension for his sending off for two unrelated bookings in the same game.'

I think i'm joining the corrupt bandwagon. So the Balotelli tackle was seen by one of the officials, and they did nothing? Do they not really care about the professionals playing this game?

For me this gets the biggest 'WTF!?' this season. As a spursalot says, if an official saw it then a straight red has to follow, if not then a ban has to follow.

There just has to be an inquiry into such decisions surely.

...unless you're Bale (who has been carded twice for diving this season).

By botching the offside decision, didn't that enable the ref to make a call on the play?

I was VERY surprised by the FA's decision today. Forget King Kenny's conspiracy talk for a moment (Martinez or Hughes don't get the same amount of attention as Kenny does), but for the refs/FA to be making so many high-profile mistakes in such a short period of time, especially leading up to the end of the season, definitely raises some eyebrows.
Just to reiterate, my point here is that this situation that the FA now finds itself in must be less than ideal, and if they really were corrupt (just for argument's sake), why would they draw so much attention to themselves at this point in the season? Are they just that ****y?

I just read that Ivanovic was punished retroactively for his punch on Maloney. I'd like to know what the reaction is from the media and pundits on the Derry decision though, just to see if there might be any legitimate reason that could be given for the FA not repealing their decision. It just seemed like a straightforward poor decision.

'FOOTBALL

So basically what they are saying is the officials are never wrong? ](*,)

What they are saying is that the officials at that game are incompetent, but nothing will be done about it.

Chairman Statement
Wednesday 11th April 2012

Fulham Chairman Mohamed Al Fayed has spoken out by writing to both the Football Association and the Premier League, demanding, on behalf of all clubs, an immediate review of refereeing practices and the process of decision making.

Following the obvious penalty missed at Old Trafford on 26 March 2012 the Chairman felt compelled to outline, again, grievances felt regarding the entire operation surrounding the officiating of matches that are all too readily accepted by football’s governing bodies and wrote strong letters to both. However, the increasing inconsistencies and blatant errors made by Referees and officials at Premier League matches even more recently, has left the Chairman incensed.

Voicing his concerns of the costly mistakes that are happening all too frequently, he said: ‘The FA’s problem in addressing this pivotal situation is that it has too much power. Where else can decision-makers (referees) escape all responsibility to admit serious and blatant errors and have the protesters (the football clubs involved) fined on charges of misconduct?'

He continued: ‘The losses that we incur from such careless decisions have a huge impact and can have calamitous consequences. Referees are all too easily influenced by the more powerful clubs and individual owners which calls into question the integrity of both them, and the governing body that they report to.’

Mr. Al Fayed has been increasingly angered by further mistakes made more recently which could have huge consequences for the clubs involved and believes that the time to seek action regarding this issue is long overdue.

‘We need brave, pioneers in the Premier League, the FA and within the Premier League shareholder group. In the past I wrote to highlight the need for the Premier League to lead the way with the introduction of video technology. After many years, it appears that the Premier League has admitted I was correct all along.

‘It is time for the Premier League to wake up. They have been in a coma for a long time. Lots of clubs are suffering from such stupid decisions. Advanced technology is available and it is evidently being used in other sports.

‘Once again I call for action to review the standard of officials, and the transparency of the processes by which referees are allocated to games,’ he concluded.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2012/April/ChairmanStatement.aspx#ixzz1rkuRBTkF

I don't like Fayed, but well said!

The standard of officiating has been absolutely abysmal this season!

Fayed's letter won't change anything though sadly.

When Norwich should have had at least one penalty at the lane on Monday, the first thing that went through my mind was "they would have got that if they were a bigger club".

Back