• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Injuries

That's quite exceptional probability.

I wonder if there's an issue with the turf - those portions (SE and NW corners) get less sun, so the grass there is less stable?

Or left footed players are led to different boot choices and make more injury-inducing choices (i.e. blades)?

Of the six left-footed players listed, three of them are right-footed. Not quite a high enough percentage to start theorising.
They do all play on the left, to be fair.

THFC announced they have no money? Must have missed that one.
Come on, stop being silly.....the boys on we are tottenham tv are reporting on it..
Plus let's be honest, the club quite often cheap out, like in the summer. We all knew this squad was not good enough

So our Current list is: ( all left footed - weird )

Sessengon
Peresic
Richarlison
Van De Ven
Davies
Solomon
Possibly Unfit:
Maddison
Along with Suspensions to:
Romero ( 3 games unless we appeal )
Udogie ( 1 game )

Not Joking but we could do with getting Tanganga, Rodon or Reggie . back from loan.
None of Perisic, Richarlison, Solomon or Maddison are left footed seems a weird hypothesis when its wrong about half the players on the list. 😅

Sess is a well known sicknote, his body is just frail. VDV is a pacey player and hamstrings and pacey players go hand in hand. Thats the nature of the fast twitch muscles.

Come on, stop being silly.....the boys on we are tottenham tv are reporting on it..
Plus let's be honest, the club quite often cheap out, like in the summer. We all knew this squad was not good enough
Sorry mate, you’re on one.

That's quite exceptional probability.

I wonder if there's an issue with the turf - those portions (SE and NW corners) get less sun, so the grass there is less stable?

Or left footed players are led to different boot choices and make more injury-inducing choices (i.e. blades)?
😁

"Look, my focus is that we still have a fair few games between now and January. And that's where my attention has got to be," he told reporters at his pre-Wolves press conference on Friday.

"The planning in terms of January has been in the works for a while. As I said last week, Johan is in the building and that's his area.

"He's getting his department together. He'll get all the information, and we just have to keep working to the plan we started with.

"I've said right at the start we've only had one window trying to build a team - it was never going to happen in that one window, but obviously we have to plan.

"Whether that's January or the summer or beyond and we'll work through that. But what's important to me is that we still have a significant number of games between now and January. And we want to make sure we're performing at a good level."

We will probably need to shift players to bring more in, but I can't see us not brining in anyone in Ange's 2nd transfer window unless we are unable to get the players he wants in until the summer.

"Look, my focus is that we still have a fair few games between now and January. And that's where my attention has got to be," he told reporters at his pre-Wolves press conference on Friday.

"The planning in terms of January has been in the works for a while. As I said last week, Johan is in the building and that's his area.

"He's getting his department together. He'll get all the information, and we just have to keep working to the plan we started with.

"I've said right at the start we've only had one window trying to build a team - it was never going to happen in that one window, but obviously we have to plan.

"Whether that's January or the summer or beyond and we'll work through that. But what's important to me is that we still have a significant number of games between now and January. And we want to make sure we're performing at a good level."

We will probably need to shift players to bring more in, but I can't see us not brining in anyone in Ange's 2nd transfer window unless we are unable to get the players he wants in until the summer.
We need to shift players regardless. The great start to the season shouldn't muddle anyone's mind. Half of our problem is the amount of dead wood in the squad. They hold up wages and the majority have nothing to offer us.

Dier, Lloris, Ndombele, Hojberg, Sess, Rodon and Tangana all need to go along with possibly Lo Celso and I'd throw in Richarlison as well.

We need to shift players regardless. The great start to the season shouldn't muddle anyone's mind. Half of our problem is the amount of dead wood in the squad. They hold up wages and the majority have nothing to offer us.

Dier, Lloris, Ndombele, Hojberg, Sess, Rodon and Tangana all need to go along with possibly Lo Celso and I'd throw in Richarlison as well.
A couple of them are out of contact so go by default which helps

So the back up to the back up CB in Ashley Phillips is out for around a month according to the press conference. I'm guessing Royal may see some time as one of the CB partnership over the next month or two, it'd be madness to rush Micky back considering his previous hamstring issues. We just need a Porro injury for the cherry on top of this period of total flimflam. In addition to that Sarr's come back with an issue and not trained according to Ange, at least in this position it gives Skipp an opportunity if Bentancur still isn't ready to start.

I'm not going full on hysterical "seasons over" mode just yet, but the idea of because it's early on in the project, is not really an excuse for having a wafer thin squad considering the investment put in. Maybe wafer thin is harsh in certain areas but everyone knew the risk at CB as well as the quality drop if Maddison couldn't play, so even with us having no European football and crashing out of the cup 1st round the workload is still apparently too much.

The unanswerable question is whether it's just bad luck on the injury front or bad planning. Ivan looking like a really useful option and then getting injured was a bit of a bummer. The quality of signings brought in of late have been excellent, I don't think anyone could argue that but there's still too many gaps to be competitive in any competition from the looks of it.

So the back up to the back up CB in Ashley Phillips is out for around a month according to the press conference. I'm guessing Royal may see some time as one of the CB partnership over the next month or two, it'd be madness to rush Micky back considering his previous hamstring issues. We just need a Porro injury for the cherry on top of this period of total flimflam. In addition to that Sarr's come back with an issue and not trained according to Ange, at least in this position it gives Skipp an opportunity if Bentancur still isn't ready to start.

I'm not going full on hysterical "seasons over" mode just yet, but the idea of because it's early on in the project, is not really an excuse for having a wafer thin squad considering the investment put in. Maybe wafer thin is harsh in certain areas but everyone knew the risk at CB as well as the quality drop if Maddison couldn't play, so even with us having no European football and crashing out of the cup 1st round the workload is still apparently too much.

The unanswerable question is whether it's just bad luck on the injury front or bad planning. Ivan looking like a really useful option and then getting injured was a bit of a bummer. The quality of signings brought in of late have been excellent, I don't think anyone could argue that but there's still too many gaps to be competitive in any competition from the looks of it.
If any team outside of City had the amount of injuries and suspensions as we have at the moment they'd be fudged too. There's no teams back up CBs that are decent, just need to look at Utd having to play Maguire and Jones.

If any team outside of City had the amount of injuries and suspensions as we have at the moment they'd be fudged too. There's no teams back up CBs that are decent, just need to look at Utd having to play Maguire and Jones.
I'm assuming you mean Evans! The drop off from a first team player to a back up is huge in terms of Micky to either Dier or Davies, the equivalent comparison would be Martinez / Varane compared to Lindelof which isn't as substantial. It's taken them more injuries in one isolated position for that to happen and to be fair them they're still grinding out 1 - 0 wins, whereas the results have turned for us (obviously hoping we can turn it around on Sunday). It's highlighted by how crucial it is having a pacy LCB in our system, and there being no cover for him means things go to brick. Were you happy with our sole chance of doing anything relying on Micky and Maddison remaining fit? City seem a tad irrelevant, other teams do have back ups that are suited to the way they play.

The suspensions are due to the actions of our players so we can't be claiming bad fortune on those, it's just recklessness. The responsibility lies with the players for being macarons but you can't really blame them for getting injuries.

The silver lining to our injuries is that Levy is 38% more likely to open his wallet by Jan 5th

I'm not so sure as we're still hampered by having a huge chunk of wages going to Hugo and Ivan, whilst not being able to get permanent deals for the serial loanees (apart from Winks). It's not either of their fault but it's a lot of money going to players that realistically aren't going to do much for the remainder of the season.

I guess I've brought up the question of squad building in my ramblings, as you say, ideally it we can remedy it in January.

Back to injuries it is a shame re Phillips, not sure if he was going to be called upon anyways as Dier was evidently ahead of him in the pecking order but I bet he was learning a lot in training whilst settling in....

Back