• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

It feels a bit odd that neither of England's best two players play in the country any more. A sign the EPL is waning in stature?

When was the last time that happened? Hoddle and Lineker in 1987-89?

It feels a bit odd that neither of England's best two players play in the country any more. A sign the EPL is waning in stature?

When was the last time that happened? Hoddle and Lineker in 1987-89?

I wouldn't say its waning. Bellingham took a punt to Germany when German clubs were capitalising on lack of youth opportunities and he has progressed from there and Kane move was one of convivence for all involved.

Been a record summer again with transfers here, yes for a number of reasons, but its def not on the wane

TBH I think homegrown talent going abroad is a good thing for the game

True, but nobody drops from United straight to West Ham! He probably thought he could get a Inter or A.Madrid etc. I get it, he would suit West Ham well and probably get plaudits for the 'sit deep, old school defending' they require but it's too much of a drop off. Remember a week before the deadline they had lost Rice, hadn't got in any replacements and were everyone's tip to struggle.

Also, Lingard had a loan there and still didn't want to go back there perm and preferred to stay and fight at United. Didn't turn out well for him either but just shows how hard it is to suck it up and just join a lesser team when you still have faith in your abilities

Thats why players not playing, regardless for big clubs should not be played, its puts an emphasis on playing and these players might look for game time elsewhere rather than sit tight. You take peoples international prospects away and they soon change their tune.

I don't think the drop to West Ham is as much in todays game, they have their house in order more than ETH and United, you could go there and probably be part of a real positive season by West Ham Standards rather than sitting in a burning house and having a terrible one at United.

I wouldn't say its waning. Bellingham took a punt to Germany when German clubs were capitalising on lack of youth opportunities and he has progressed from there and Kane move was one of convivence for all involved.

Been a record summer again with transfers here, yes for a number of reasons, but its def not on the wane

TBH I think homegrown talent going abroad is a good thing for the game

I think more should, why bother playing age level football with a club that would rather pay £25m for an average overseas player than give youth a chance.

I think more should, why bother playing age level football with a club that would rather pay £25m for an average overseas player than give youth a chance.

Yeh absolutely and when you look abroad, so many teams are filling out with older players because their teams are being pilfered for talent. Would be a good move for me I reckon

Thats why players not playing, regardless for big clubs should not be played, its puts an emphasis on playing and these players might look for game time elsewhere rather than sit tight. You take peoples international prospects away and they soon change their tune.

I don't think the drop to West Ham is as much in todays game, they have their house in order more than ETH and United, you could go there and probably be part of a real positive season by West Ham Standards rather than sitting in a burning house and having a terrible one at United.
Using your analogy;

West Ham have their place in order but it will always be a portaloo, no matter how much thise pikeys cover it in gold-painted statues and fake white marble.

United's house is on fire, but it's a mansion. I'd rather be there as it can be fixed than in a place that will always be sitting on a brickpit

Using your analogy;

West Ham have their place in order but it will always be a portaloo, no matter how much thise pikeys cover it in gold-painted statues and fake white marble.

United's house is on fire, but it's a mansion. I'd rather be there as it can be fixed than in a place that will always be sitting on a brickpit

It might be a mansion but its owned by Charles Manson

TBH though thats the least of it, Maguires been told he ain't wanted and coated by the manager in public, you have to have either delusion or a high opinion of yourself to think thats going to change. As I say, maybe delusion which comes from his place with England being set in stone.

Im old fashioned in that I would wanna play and be part of something thats half good than not being part of something that looked better on the outside

It might be a mansion but its owned by Charles Manson

TBH though thats the least of it, Maguires been told he ain't wanted and coated by the manager in public, you have to have either delusion or a high opinion of yourself to think thats going to change. As I say, maybe delusion which comes from his place with England being set in stone.

Im old fashioned in that I would wanna play and be part of something thats half good than not being part of something that looked better on the outside
It might be that he doesn't think the manager will last.

It was crazy that only West Ham wanted him when you think of it. That must've hurt more than anything Ten Haag has done. Same with Dier only really getting offers from Burnley and Bournemouth etc. (As far as we know).

I suppose football has changed over time though hey, Imagine if all players were on a set 20k a week for example then I'm sure they might get all sorts of offers based purely on them as a player. Clubs nowadays aren't paying high wages like 100k a week for players on their way down though (Sauda aside lol)

It was crazy that only West Ham wanted him when you think of it. That must've hurt more than anything Ten Haag has done. Same with Dier only really getting offers from Burnley and Bournemouth etc. (As far as we know).

I suppose football has changed over time though hey, Imagine if all players were on a set 20k a week for example then I'm sure they might get all sorts of offers based purely on them as a player. Clubs nowadays aren't paying high wages like 100k a week for players on their way down though (Sauda aside lol)

I am not slagging either off but there is a a ceiling with each that they have reached that people know where as equally people know their strengths they know their weakness and there are probably younger, fresh, less mentally wounded players out there with pace and ability on the ball. There is also a level of comfort that each seem to have fallen on where they are both at clubs they would not get to again and won't let that go. I was told that Spurs was being used as a holiday camp for those who were lucky enough to be there and overpaid for the kicker, not saying Dier is doing that like some have but he also seems slightly too relaxed about it all.

Thats why I think for pride both should be going out and finding a new lease of life. If I was either I would be in at West Ham, chest out and wanting to make a difference. Rather loved at that level than not wanted at another IMO

What sort of team will Southgate pick for Fridays game? I'm hoping he gives 2 or 3 players like Colwill, Tomori and Watkins a go. I dread watching Trippier play at left back, you could put a cone at right back for opponents and he would still stop any forward movement and pass back after slowing the move down.

What sort of team will Southgate pick for Fridays game? I'm hoping he gives 2 or 3 players like Colwill, Tomori and Watkins a go. I dread watching Trippier play at left back, you could put a cone at right back for opponents and he would still stop any forward movement and pass back after slowing the move down.
It's a friendly you would think he would try some stuff out but you just know it will be the usual dross
Phillips/Henderson will no doubt get a start

Blimey Southgate read this site.

Back