• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

One of the reasons Kane is quiet for
England is that Sterling is just unable to pass the ball. Gives it away every time.

Foden was by far the best of the two wider midfielders, crazy to take him off.

Almost like we are deliberately trying to not win.
I totally subscribe to this.

Kane wasn’t great but Sterling slows everything down if he has to make a decision. If you do take Kane off it’s for a proper 9 like Calvert Lewin imo.

two holding midfielders doesn’t help either.

WTF is the point of taking off your two best players, just as they stared to grab hold of the game? Mount and Sterling did fudge all all game, and he plays them 90 minutes. Created nothing after Foden and Kane went off.
I'm speechless!

England one shot on target…

So many good attacking players available, but such a badly balanced line-up.

If it’s Gattuso or Southgate I want Gattuso

At least Gattuso is a winner. England didn't get tight to Scotland in possession and weren't up for exposing the difference in quality. England needed to move the ball around quicker and undo them. Credit to Scotland, they deserved the win really.

Looked like both of them had been strictly told to not venture further forward than the centre circle. Bisarre!
I can see why you might have them both to protect a lead but it’s just a waste of a body when you have the most possession. If I’m being generous Sterling is a player you want to come off the bench when the game is more open but he’s a handicap when he starts too imo.

Utter gash.
I'd take Steve Clarke as our manager in front of boring, negative Gareth.
How can England and the FA get the appointment so wrong on so many occasions.

By the 80th minute I would have been happy to take 0-0, I really thought we were going to lose that.
How Sterling stayed on I don't get. He just keeps losing the ball or taking too long to make the pass. But the whole performance was just insipid, there was no creativity, no inspiration. I can barely remember the Scotland goalkeeper having to do anything.
Very disappointing, if not wholly unsurprising.

Kane wasn’t great but Sterling slows everything down if he has to make a decision. If you do take Kane off it’s for a proper 9 like Calvert Lewin imo.

Can I third this? Sterling was so poor and inefficient, running into blind alleys head down - yes Kane wasn't on fire, but deary me, Sterling wasn't causing Scotland much trouble in the second half.

England so unbalanced. A gaping hole where an Eriksen type player should've been. Instead they're over reliant on perceived individual "brlilliance".

They'll progress, but that'll be it unless Southgate changes things up.

In the Carbao cup final Sterling was our best player, similar story in the CL final. He has some qualities, but being a creative forward is not one of them, loses possession almost every time.

Pick players that can pass, bring on Sterling as a pacey impact sub

Back