• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Balague - "These are a lot of things which require a long time to coach, and he won't have that. He doesn't have the midfield for what he wants to do, and the three up front are the type of guys who could create something out of nothing, but could equally go missing for 90 minutes, too. They are too individualistic and do not work for the midfield."

He pretty much has put how I felt about the first 60 minutes into words. I felt that our front three caused chaos with their running and that chances came haphazardly, not consistently as a result of any plan.

Agreed. It was a poor performance going forward - we had 5 shots on goal in 90 minutes (not including blocked shots).

IMO we need Lallana in there, despite his lack of playing time - he’s the only player we really have that links things together in the final third. Alli has an eye for a pass but is more focused on the final ball or shot than linking things.

Not really, the Dutch put out nearly a full starting XI against Portugal and the reserves against England, there were 7 changes to the starting lineup

I think that's an exaggeration, they had a few changes as did England. I fully admit that England teams fail to deliver on many occassion but they did look as had a plan and tried to be positive.

Agreed. It was a poor performance going forward - we had 5 shots on goal in 90 minutes (not including blocked shots).

IMO we need Lallana in there, despite his lack of playing time - he’s the only player we really have that links things together in the final third. Alli has an eye for a pass but is more focused on the final ball or shot than linking things.

If they were the Dutch juniors, them Lallana would have had a great time. A few wrestling moves, Male rape choke hold, and a red card.

England race for place in World Cup squad enters home straight against Italy

There are 32 players still in contention for England’s World Cup squad and just 90 minutes for some of them – with Lewis Cook, who is expected to start in midfield on Tuesday night, and Alfie Mawson and James Tarkowski possibly making their debuts – to prove they are worthy of inclusion in the final 23.

England face Italy at Wembley, with manager Gareth Southgate making changes from the team who played so encouragingly in the 1-0 friendly win last Friday, albeit against a poor Holland side. He did not name his captain for the fixture, although the most likely candidate is Eric Dier who, Southgate confirmed, would start in midfield.

The manager is considering using Dier as part of his three-man defence in Russia but the performance of Kyle Walker, surprisingly selected there against the Dutch, has given Southgate food for thought. Walker will feature against Italy in that position again, with Southgate then having to decide whether to start Mawson or Tarkowski on the left of John Stones in his 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation.

“I don’t think we will start him there,” Southgate said when asked if Dier would play in defence. “Eric has played there for his club and we know he can play there. With Kyle, he hadn’t done that specific role, although I would argue that is kind of what he is doing for Emirates Marketing Project.

“There is a benefit to building on what we did [in Amsterdam]. Kyle has all the qualities to play there. If you are playing on the side of a three, the ability to defend in wide areas and use the ball as comfortably as he could, he is in areas that he is used to. And his athleticism, not only to defend big spaces and cover the rest of the defence, but his ability to drive out. If we play teams who sit back then those outside centre-backs, especially, need to be able to drive forward.”

1161.jpg

Anyone looking at Germany-Brazil? Coutinho just with the most ridiculous foul throw I've ever seen! Jumping forward and his back heel was higher than his head!! Not given as foul throw by the ref! Utterly pathetic.

Anyone looking at Germany-Brazil? Coutinho just with the most ridiculous foul throw I've ever seen! Jumping forward and his back heel was higher than his head!! Not given as foul throw by the ref! Utterly pathetic.
They never are
It’s what tinkles me off with the ones given against us
Double standards

Back