• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ingerlund

Missed last nights game but i always watch international football if only because the summer is so boring without it.

Exactly it's called following your countries team. We are not asking people to get SOUTHGATE and or ENGLAND tattoos on thier arses!
Though you may quite like the experience ;)

I know the Dutch were poor but I was impressed by the movement of the England defenders, its was pleasing to see them pass and move rather than the "Chuckle Brothers" routine we usually see. They made mistakes and might well get punished by better teams but it was at least a step forward. If only we had a player with some vision we could be a good side.

I know the Dutch were poor but I was impressed by the movement of the England defenders, its was pleasing to see them pass and move rather than the "Chuckle Brothers" routine we usually see. They made mistakes and might well get punished by better teams but it was at least a step forward. If only we had a player with some vision we could be a good side.

It's a real shame that Winks hasn't recovered his form.

"Chuckle Brothers" ?

Liked the team display yesterday.

If people really have little or no time for the England football team, fine. But why do feel the need to keep repeating it.
It's like banging continuously on about the likes of Sissoko's sad shortcomings.
We hear you, but please!

Is it a new rule that we can only post if its supportive and positive of a subject?

England team thread, posters give their views. Its what forums are for.

Whether I give a brick or not about the England team doesnt dictate whether or not I can take anything out of a discussion on the subject.

Is it a new rule that we can only post if its supportive and positive of a subject?

England team thread, posters give their views. Its what forums are for.

Whether I give a brick or not about the England team doesnt dictate whether or not I can take anything out of a discussion on the subject.

It's a free country and you of course can say what you want and as many times as you like. ;)

I thought the experiment of playing Walker as a centre back worked really well... you didn’t really notice him in the game but that was not because he wasn’t involved or playing well. Personally I am pleased to see Southgate experimenting. And Harry Maguire... what a big unit and what a good game he had. First time he has really caught my eye

I thought the experiment of playing Walker as a centre back worked really well... you didn’t really notice him in the game but that was not because he wasn’t involved or playing well. Personally I am pleased to see Southgate experimenting. And Harry Maguire... what a big unit and what a good game he had. First time he has really caught my eye

I'm a big Harry Maguire fan....

Thought there were some good performances..Henderson was my MOM...liked most of the performances. Thought Rashford was a bit off the pace but should have had an apology from the ref at the end of the game.

I'm a big Harry Maguire fan....

Thought there were some good performances..Henderson was my MOM...liked most thought Rashford was a bit off the pace but should have had an apology from the ref at the end of the game.
I too thought Henderson was good... I’ve never seen so many forward passes from him. I also thought Stones played some good threaded passes out of defence. Apart from his goal I thought Lingard was the weakest England player. Swap Dele for Lingard and Harry for Rashford and that’s not a bad team

"Chuckle Brothers" ?

"From me to you, from you to me" 3 or 4 times before either hitting it long or back to the keeper. My dad always told me its just as important what you do when you haven't got the ball as what you do when you have it, too many times our defenders pass sideways or to someone standing still. Last night I saw our defenders moving into space to recieve the ball and move it forward. I agree Winks would work well in Hendersons place if he could recapture his form, unfortunately its too late for him to impress before the World Cup.

I think it could be a masterstroke, his pace and heading ability will help him and his ability to move forward with the ball adds a lot to the team, hopefully the added responsibility of being a proper defender will reduce his odd error.

"From me to you, from you to me" 3 or 4 times before either hitting it long or back to the keeper. My dad always told me its just as important what you do when you haven't got the ball as what you do when you have it, too many times our defenders pass sideways or to someone standing still. Last night I saw our defenders moving into space to recieve the ball and move it forward. I agree Winks would work well in Hendersons place if he could recapture his form, unfortunately its too late for him to impress before the World Cup.

got it... my current annoyance is Mr Dier who excels at this drives me potty. Poch seems OK with it so I bow to his 'slightly' great knowledge.
Many take the rise out of Henderson for various reason. I thought he was a breath of fresh air in the first half.

Winks must get fit as a priority. He has been out for quite a while, worrying. He's got plenty of time to come for a few world cups.

Hendo ;) gets a lot of stick on here, no surprise there though? I like him when fully fit which it seems is not often. Wish Dier had his 'forward' passing rang and vision.

Last edited:
I was quite a big fan of the South Yorkshire defence, though I'd probably have Gomez and Maguire in there, with Walker back at RWB.

It's the Winks, Eriksen and Son roles where there's no quality.

Back