• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Illaramendi

I'm sure there were rumours of us being after him from the beginning of the window.

This one will come down to who else is in for him and I suspect there will be some much more desirable clubs for him to choose from.

M o n e y .........................................................................

Wasn't there another of our signings that Soton "came in late to make a bid"?
Could be a good sign...i mean why would they go up against Liverpool if they were in pole position?

Could also just be CLICKBAIT;)

imagine if we get Wanyama and Southampton sign Illarramendi :mad: :confused: :(
That would be terrible, nothing less. Illarramendi is at least twice the player Wanyama ever will be.
I'll put my head out and say if we sign Illarramendi, we could be feeling "we've got our Luka back" in a few months time...

That would be terrible, nothing less. Illarramendi is at least twice the player Wanyama ever will be.
I'll put my head out and say if we sign Illarramendi, we could be feeling "we've got our Luka back" in a few months time...
Aren't they very different players?.... Illarramendi being the Modric while Wanyama is the Parker?

they are different, thats why i dont understand why if we dont get one we would be interested in the other....i thought these kind of scouting mistakes were a thing of the past :confused:

Hypothetically in the case that the rumours are true...perhaps it suggests the manager isn't as unflexible as thought and is happy to set up with a more traditional DM in one of the slots as he is to continue with a pivot?

Can't say I know too much about Illarmendi but from from I have read/seen on the web is that he's more than a little defensively aware

i thought these kind of scouting mistakes were a thing of the past :confused:
lovejoy_2032.jpg

Still here isn't he?

To be fair it isnt many Luka's around, but I see what you mean :) Cant' believe we can sign him, too many clubs playing in CL could see him as an improvement. Even Liverpool would be ahead of us I guess... But it would be a massive signing for us, even better than when we got VDV imo.
I know. That's why I didn't say too late although I was tempted. Would be an absolute dream signing.

What is there to consider? Just move for him!

;) I do love journo's choice of words. I think considering an offer = The club going through the rigmarole of working out if he wants to come to us, and dealing with his agents and the however many intermediaries that are involved in a transfer.

It's like when they say the club is putting together a bid = An official letter of intent to buy setting out payment terms, performance enhancements, add ons, and all that contractual nonsense

Club pursues Berahino - Club is talking to all and sundry that they need to, to work out what on earth the salary demands are going to be, what house he is going to get, what image rights, what chairman wants for his asset and what level of disclosure is allowed.

Back