• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Lets not get carried away, he has been goid in a handful of games.
No, he's been quite good in a lot of matches, but most people have missed it because you only judge him by his misplaced passes and totally ignore everything good he has done, which is far more than the other way around. But when you only look for faults, you'll find faults.
Same as with referees. 1 mistake and the ref gets slaughterd. Everyone forget that he got the 200 other decisions he had to make, spot on.

No, he's been quite good in a lot of matches, but most people have missed it because you only judge him by his misplaced passes and totally ignore everything good he has done, which is far more than the other way around. But when you only look for faults, you'll find faults.
Same as with referees. 1 mistake and the ref gets slaughterd. Everyone forget that he got the 200 other decisions he had to make, spot on.

Same with that linesman on Saturday, everyone saying he kept making mistakes, i thought he had a great game!

I have said from day 1 Lamela would go on to be a very good player for us. He has been brilliant this season, and showed a lot of the same last season, but that was completely ignored by most in here, because everyone was to busy trying to blame him for everything that went wrong. Time for a lot in here to start eating hats, camels and GHod knows what!

Brilliant? What games have you been watching? He had one good EL match and an excellent game against City. Other than that he has been pedestrian at best. In fact, he has come off the bench. Talk about hyperbole.

Last edited:
He was okay. What about the other matches, what about the ones where he only played a handful of minutes? Seriously, some of you guys are getting carried away with one excellent performance from how many again?

He has had some very good games but overshadowed by some poor moments in them matches. I agree we need a balanced view over this current Lamela fapping.

However his form and confidence look on the up and that can only be a great thing

It' encouraging that he's got some goals and assists to his name in recent games, hopefully the confidence that will give him leads to consistently good performances.

He has had some very good games but overshadowed by some poor moments in them matches. I agree we need a balanced view over this current Lamela fapping.

However his form and confidence look on the up and that can only be a great thing

Sums it up for me, he has not been as bad as some fans have made out but he has not been as good as others have said about him. Lets see how the season pans out before we make a conclusive opinion.

I remember going to some games and some idiots were always ready to moan and would retract very quickly if the pass or shot hit the target.

He was okay.
Yet he contributed hugely to both goals, giving us 6 points.

What about the other matches, what about the ones where he only played a handful of minutes?
What's the relevance here? He only had a handful of minutes vs Sunderland and affected the game positively.

Seriously, some of you guys are getting carried away with one excellent performance from how many again?
You are using outlandish exaggeration here, again. I don't think I got carried away by pointing out that he's contributed to more than the two games you claimed.

Another good performance from Lamela.... He's far from perfect, but the positives have definitely been far outweighing the negatives in the last few weeks.

Well done lad, it's not easy when things are going badly, confidence is down and the crowd aren't being particularly patient. Credit to him for having character, not hiding and believing in his ability.

He has started to make me eat my words and I bloody well hope that he continues to do so all the way to the end of a long and illustrious Spurs career.

someone must have give him a cuddle like I suggested.

In all seriousness its important not to get carried away...Its down to Erik to keep applying himself and making the difference for us with the talent I believe he possesses...which I believe is enormous!

Erik is know hopefully feeling 'part of something' which is important, he needs to feel that buzz from his teammates and the fans to become more connected to the club.

Confidence really is a wonderful thing and he should be counting down the minutes to his next match and showing his upturn in form.

Anything can happen in football but bugger my tits and call me Geoffrey Kondogbia....man am I feeling hopeful for him and our fortunes if he starts showing what he's got in his locker!

Exactly. Most players only reach their peak around 25. I have always said we should only buy players who are 25 and above. But if we do buy young, we should keep them atleast until they are 25. We have simply wasted so many talents over the years by buying young and selling them off after 1 or 2 years. Hope we won't do the same mistake with Lamela. But you have to be worried about Levy getting greedy if someone offer about 20m for Lamela in January.
First of all, there is no way that Levy would value Lamela at only 20m after his latest performances. Secondly, how many times has Levy sold a player that was key to the team without the player forcing a move himself? Why do people insist on rehashing things that aren't true? :rolleyes:

He was okay. What about the other matches, what about the ones where he only played a handful of minutes? Seriously, some of you guys are getting carried away with one excellent performance from how many again?
It's not about comparing his performance to all his appearances. It's about the trend. If player started out playing brick to average in his first 40 games and very good to excellent in his last 10, would you say he's really mostly average to below average, because he has only played good in 20% of his matches?

I thought Lamela had a brilliant match and has been very good for the past three matches. The article speaks about how the presence of Son HM in the side is opening up space for Lamela to showcase his immense innate (undoubted imo) talents.

http://talksport.com/football/totte...ts-reveal-lamela-becoming#ZmQQvUiGo1udaM1G.99

"Given the South Korean’s attacking capability, he drags opposition markers out of position, thus freeing up space in the final third. As such, Lamela – a commendable performer with the ball at his feet – can find pockets to utilise his creative qualities. No Spurs player has played more key passes than Lamela (16) in the Premier League this season. Of the three games both he and Son have started together – the aforementioned wins over Karabakh, Palace and City – the attacker has played more key passes (7) than any other Spurs player.

Son’s close control and speed means he has completed more successful dribbles (8) than any other teammate in the same run of games. Lamela (6) is second on that list. He is evidently maximising the space afforded to him by Son’s clever movement off the ball, as well as perhaps being spurred on by an increase in competition. As such, Lamela looks far more composed in possession, with his vision enabling him to pick the right pass to create potential goalscoring opportunities.
"

Brilliant? What games have you been watching? He had one good EL match and an excellent game against City. Other than that he has been pedestrian at best. In fact, he has come off the bench. Talk about hyperbole.
Someone stole your candy?
When I say this season, it's pretty obvious that I mean the games in which he has featured, and in those games he has been crucial and one of the stand out performers. I'd say you are the one that have been watching some completely different games. Pedestrian my ass....

When I say this season, it's pretty obvious that I mean the games in which he has featured, and in those games he has been crucial and one of the stand out performers. I'd say you are the one that have been watching some completely different games. Pedestrian my ass....

Lots of fanboy love going on here. I judge a player on what I see over a number of matches, not just a couple that suit my purpose. He has not been by any stretch brilliant. The only players approaching that adjective this season are Lloris, Dier and Maybe Vertonghen. Are you seriously suggesting Lamela has been as good as those three over the course of the season? As I said hyperbole.

Give over, I was at the Kingpower.......he was as bad there as he was good on Saturday.

Back