• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I still think there's a lot more to see from him. But, to see the promising steps being taken suggest that he is close to unlocking his ability for us. I'm pleased to see Lamela getting an increased level of support from the crowd, and that he is finding more confidence, let us hope that he continues to shine this season & can really start to enjoy his football. If he does that, we have a very special player on our hands and the price paid will start to appear to be a great piece of business.

With Messi out injured for the next 2 months or so maybe he might even get a start for Argentina in WC qualifiers

It is easy to forget that although this is his third season he is still just 23

Definitely true. Only a year older than Harry Kane, which seems hard to believe given that people have been expecting a lot from Lamela over the last 2 seasons, whereas Kane has had very little pressure by comparison. What a difference a price tag makes.

I have said from day 1 Lamela would go on to be a very good player for us. He has been brilliant this season, and showed a lot of the same last season, but that was completely ignored by most in here, because everyone was to busy trying to blame him for everything that went wrong. Time for a lot in here to start eating hats, camels and GHod knows what!

Lamela's mis kick or air shot (at 1.36 in the video) was really embarassing :D! He could have controlled the ball before attempting to shoot or should have passed to the unmarked Kane. Fortunately for him, he scored the brilliant goal later in the game. Hope it will boost his confidence in front of goal.

You can tell he is a very intelligent footballer. He always releases the forward pass at exactly the right time,makes sure he draws the defender in then release....
Steady on, that is one of his biggest problems, not releasing the ball. E.g. Yesterday we had a 3 on 3 but he dribbled round Demichelis into Otamendi rather than playing in Kane. Sometimes he plays brilliant through balls, sometimes he hangs onto it and dribbles into the heart of the defence and loses it. I'm not sure why he thinks he can beat 3 top defenders in 6 yards, that is almost impossible.

I like him a lot, he has a lot of skill and when he makes the right decisions is a very good player.

Last year I told Lamela he's a great young prospect and will take place in fans' hearts, but should continue progressing. And now we see, he listened to me. Don't thank... :D
Always knew he has so much talent in him and Poch will finally make him improving and showing his abilities.
Also was very upset, even angry at the end of summer when strong rumours spread we could have loaned him to France.
Very happy with him and with the team overall. Haven't been so excited since Harry days.

NVC5ppDdNo4.jpg

fudging hell talk about balanced views ... from being a waste and cut losses player to being lauded with such hype and told you so posts.

Lets see how long he can maintain his form then see a more balanced view. Its far too early to be talking about him turning it around.

Good going this season thus far looking promising for Eric.

With Messi out injured for the next 2 months or so maybe he might even get a start for Argentina in WC qualifiers
Ugh, I always worry when our internationals are off on duty with their national teams. Both in terms of tiredness and the potential to pick up a knock. I almost wish we had none at all, at times. That being said, I hope the kid shines for Argentina too and, more importantly, stays injury free!

Not sure if already been posted; the one thing I want to see him really work on is his tackling/ jockeying when tracking back.
It's very erratic and he seems to get left stranded on the wrong side of the player or hack them down with a mistimed or random tackle.

That said, I've been very happy with the last couple of games overall and hope he continues to progress, some faith had been restored. Go Erik!

In the first 5-10 minutes yesterday he done a couple of 'Lamelaisms' and I though 'Oh GHod, here we go again' (I rate him by the way), but he grew into the game well and it was his best performance for us to date.

He seems to be doing much more one and two touch now, which is what he needs to continue doing.

Kane hails Erik Lamela’s role in Tottenham’s triumph over Emirates Marketing Project

Harry Kane hailed Erik Lamela after the Argentine played a part in all of Tottenham’s three second-half goals during their 4-1 triumph over Emirates Marketing Project.

While Kane has stolen the headlines after getting off the mark for his club this season at the ninth attempt, Lamela continued his recent resurgence with a fine display.

The 23-year-old delivered the inswinging set piece as Toby Alderweireld headed home to put Spurs 2-1 up after the break, and he won the free kick that resulted in Kane’s strike before netting the fourth goal himself.

“I’m very pleased for him,” said Kane. “He’s taken some criticism over the last year or so but since he’s come in he’s shown, especially this season, what a player he can be.

“He’s done very well, he worked hard for the team [against City] up and down the pitch and I’m delighted for him to get his goal - but everyone was top notch.

“We had the higher press, we were relentless in our running and that’s what we’ve been doing to teams this season. We’ve got a very young, fit squad and I feel that’s going to be what we try to do throughout the course of the whole season.

“He [Lamela] is a top lad, he’s a very hard worker on the training field. He’s never let it [the criticism] affect him, he’s carried on practising, working hard on his own after training and stuff. He deserves what he gets. Football’s a funny game and you’ve just got to work hard and keep trying to improve and you’ll get your rewards.

“He probably knows he’s playing well and that’s what it’s like. You’re looking forward to your next game, you want to be out there playing.

“Hopefully he can keep building confidence and keep getting better and better. That’s what we’re trying to do as a team - everyone trying to improve, game in game out, getingt some more experience and keep knocking on the door and see where we end up.”

http://www.tottenhamjournal.co.uk/s...n_tottenham_s_triumph_over_man_city_1_4249241
---------------------------

So, Lamela has been doing extra training on his own to improve himself. You can see the results now. Hope he can keep on improving.

I have said from day 1 Lamela would go on to be a very good player for us. He has been brilliant this season, and showed a lot of the same last season, but that was completely ignored by most in here, because everyone was to busy trying to blame him for everything that went wrong. Time for a lot in here to start eating hats, camels and GHod knows what!

Lets not get carried away, he has been goid in a handful of games.

It is easy to forget that although this is his third season he is still just 23

Exactly. Most players only reach their peak around 25. I have always said we should only buy players who are 25 and above. But if we do buy young, we should keep them atleast until they are 25. We have simply wasted so many talents over the years by buying young and selling them off after 1 or 2 years. Hope we won't do the same mistake with Lamela. But you have to be worried about Levy getting greedy if someone offer about 20m for Lamela in January.

Talking about getting carried away ! Some people are already comparing Lamela with Maradona !

http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/...ro-y-anoto-golazo-noticia-1844081#comentarios

According to this Peruvian media, Lamela's goal against ManCity is looking similiar to the goal Maradona scored for Boca Juniors in the Argentinian league in 1981, especially the way both made the goalie crawl on the field trying to stop the goal !:D

But surely, writing Lamela and Maradona in the same sentence is a bit too much. Not even Messi is fit to tie Maradona's boot laces !

it seems he now gets the tempo of PL football

also, he speaks english quite well now. He was interviewed on Spurs TV after the City game and came across well.

Talking about getting carried away ! Some people are already comparing Lamela with Maradona !

http://elcomercio.pe/deporte-total/...ro-y-anoto-golazo-noticia-1844081#comentarios

According to this Peruvian media, Lamela's goal against ManCity is looking similiar to the goal Maradona scored for Boca Juniors in the Argentinian league in 1981, especially the way both made the goalie crawl on the field trying to stop the goal !:D

But surely, writing Lamela and Maradona in the same sentence is a bit too much. Not even Messi is fit to tie Maradona's boot laces !
Comparing a goal Maradona scored to one Lamela scored is a completely different thing to comparing them as players...

He's been good in more than a handful of games for us.The difference is he is on the verge of putting a run of good performances together, showing some consistency and productivity...

Back