• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

Just a feeling that Poch will do what's best for the team, not what's best for any individuals and that includes Erik. The fact the are both Argentinians won't have a bearing on anything imo.

But what do you base it on that selling Lamela is what's best for the team?

Just a feeling that Poch will do what's best for the team, not what's best for any individuals and that includes Erik. The fact the are both Argentinians won't have a bearing on anything imo.

I hope you're right about him doing what's best for the team. Not sure why that means Erik Lamela is to be sold. But I guess it's just your hunch.

No way I wont the guy to go, he only had 3 to 4 months of football under a manager in terminal decline. Give the young lad a chance and with the help of a fellow country man I feel he will shine.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Fapatalk

If we sell lamela and Soldado now, we are stupid. Players often need more than one season to get going, and in those two we have amazing talents. Soldado is a goalscorer, he hasnt forgotten how to kick the ball in the net. At Valencia he was the captain, the leader and topscorer. Here he was deemed a flop after 7 games by some. Lamela has barely played and still fans want him out. Wtf? He is one of europes brightest attacking talents. Wake up!!

Somewhat o/t, but at least for Soldado:

Poch seems to prefer strikers with a bit of height and power. Lambert has been very successful for them. Osvaldo, their big money striker signing after Poch came in, isn't a traditional target man, but more of one than Soldado.

If Poch comes in and wants to keep playing a lone striker and thinks that having a striker that's at least tall-ish and strong-ish to make his system work the stupid thing to do would be to keep Soldado "because he's an amazing talent". That's 3 "ifs", but 3 somewhat plausible situations imo. Being good isn't enough, you have to fit into the team.

I tend to ignore any stories that come out of Italy as they don't ever seem to be based on any facts. I hope that we will see what this guy can really do this year. He was never really available for Sherwood and AVB didn't want him from what we have heard. If used in the right way he could be very good.

I'm still not too bothered if we keep Lamela or not. If we get a decent offer I think he will be off. He came with a big time pedigree but when he did play I didn't see anything to really blow me away. I am also fine with keeping him as he is so young but I think some of you are getting carried away with expectations based on nothing but reputation before he came to us.

His brother on Twitter has been retweeting loads of messages such as please tell me Erik is staying etc.

He also retreated the pic of Pochettino with the find Lamela hash tag so looks like Pochs appointment has given the Lamela family a lift at least

He's alive!

BpqKrkbIMAAac1_.jpg

https://www.twitter.com/Coco_Lamela/status/475845194936750080

Hope he doesn't leave. Not so much because I believe in him but for the sake of the money that would be wasted.

Rebrov £11m
Bent £16.5m
Modric £16.5m
Bentley £16.5m
Paulinhio £17m
Soldado £26m
Lamela £30m
= £150m

When you think from the last 7 record transfer buys the only one who truly seems worth the outlay is Modric it seems to suggest in future we're better of spending small than spending big. Just don't tell Levy that.;)

Last edited:

If we sell lamela and Soldado now, we are stupid. Players often need more than one season to get going, and in those two we have amazing talents. Soldado is a goalscorer, he hasnt forgotten how to kick the ball in the net. At Valencia he was the captain, the leader and topscorer. Here he was deemed a flop after 7 games by some. Lamela has barely played and still fans want him out. Wtf? He is one of europes brightest attacking talents. Wake up!!

could not agree more =D>

Hope he doesn't leave. Not so much because I believe in him but for the sake of the money that would be wasted.

Rebrov £11m
Bent £16.5m
Modric £16.5m
Bentley £16.5m
Paulinhio £17m
Soldado £26m
Lamela £30m
= £150m

When you think from the last 7 record transfer buys the only one who truly seems worth the outlay is Modric it seems to suggest in future we're better of spending small than spending big. Just don't tell Levy that.;)

We didn't have much luck with record transfer signings even pre-Rebrov, as before that there was

Les Ferdinand £6m
Chris Armstrong £4.5m
Gheorghe Popescu £2.9m
Ille Dumitrescu £2.6m
Gordon Durie £2.2m
Paul Gascoigne £2m
Paul Stewart £1.5m

Of those 7 only Gazza was truly a roaring success. Fingers crossed that Lamela can become a legend like Gazza in years to come!

Back