• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

his first season at Roma was poor, and he blossomed during his second season......heres hoping ;)

To be fair English is one of the hardest languages to learn - there is no real pattern to it like other languages - especially when you compare it to something like French or Spanish which has masculine and feminine versions of words etc. So it is no surprising that it is taking him a long time to adapt. I have heard as well that people who speak Spanish can pick up Italian pretty easy etc as well, so no surprising he bedded in there.

Remember as well, this guy has probably be doing nothing but playing football for his whole life. Must be a bit of culture shock.

Though I have also heard Japanese is pretty difficult as well.

Not to carry on off Topic but im going to ;) I have heard from my French, spanish and portuguese speaking friends that English is easier to learn than other languages due to the fact that it is not masculine and feminine meaning there is less to learn. Also we have less words to construct sentences and as my wife puts it ( she is portuguese ) english is more economic with the words needed. I think the only thing that catches people out is our words that sound the same but mean different things.

It really wasn't.

he struggled under Enrique in his first season, the style of football didnt suit Lamela......in his second season, Roma were much more attacking and open and Lamela was a bigger threat from what i saw

Mail are reporting he is back in training on er... this thing

article-2583895-1C65DCE200000578-366_634x508.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-salvage-season-Argentina-World-Cup-spot.html

Last time I saw one of these han Solo was being tortured on it inm Empire Strikes back

Unfortunately it's a fake account and the picture is taken from when he first joined.

An unacceptable waste

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...aste-spurs-record-signing-rued-by-italian-jo/

“An unacceptable waste for anyone who loves football and accordingly loves Lamela,” the journalist wrote on Tutto Mercato Web. “An absolute shame considering how much his talent could have been capitalised on by a master tactician like [Roma coach] Rudi Garcia that we have learned of in Italy.

“I have regret for what might have been and hasn’t happened, but live with hope tied to what could presumably happen in the summer.

“There are lovers of the quality of one of the champions announced for both the present and the future: what remains is to find the key to bringing back to Calcio one its most talented ambassadors.”

We would be idiots to let the lad go. That said he has been injured for the last 4 months, so whilst we can say it's been a wasted season, it's not because he has been left rotting in the reserves.

An unacceptable waste

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014...aste-spurs-record-signing-rued-by-italian-jo/

“An unacceptable waste for anyone who loves football and accordingly loves Lamela,” the journalist wrote on Tutto Mercato Web. “An absolute shame considering how much his talent could have been capitalised on by a master tactician like [Roma coach] Rudi Garcia that we have learned of in Italy.

“I have regret for what might have been and hasn’t happened, but live with hope tied to what could presumably happen in the summer.

“There are lovers of the quality of one of the champions announced for both the present and the future: what remains is to find the key to bringing back to Calcio one its most talented ambassadors.”

Yeah, we'll guess what, he's been injured! Oh, that's right, we'll wheel him on to the pitch and kick balls at him, I'm sure he'll definitely fulfil his potential then!! WTF!!

Yeah, we'll guess what, he's been injured! Oh, that's right, we'll wheel him on to the pitch and kick balls at him, I'm sure he'll definitely fulfil his potential then!! WTF!!

We wasted him before the injury though. I wish AVB had just played him from the start.

Likewise. But for someone to start crying now about his lack of games is a bit silly. If they wanted to have a whinge, perhaps earlier in the season was the time to do it.

I can't wait to see Lamela in action next season. He's an excellent player and a level up. I think he'll make a big difference to our attacking play.

Likewise. But for someone to start crying now about his lack of games is a bit silly. If they wanted to have a whinge, perhaps earlier in the season was the time to do it.

I can't wait to see Lamela in action next season. He's an excellent player and a level up. I think he'll make a big difference to our attacking play.

I would put the chances of him being here next season at not much better than 50/50.

Back