• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I wonder if there is indeed not really an injury to Lamela:-k

Does anyone remember the Stoke game when Lamela came on for the last 15 mins or so, when he had a shot on goal but Ade really blasted him (unfairly imo) for not passing the ball to him? I know it looked wrong to me at the time and also to a few other posters.

What if TS has effectively sidelined Lamela and taken Ade's side as his passion-and-guts cheerleader, leaving Lamela out because he "doesn't fancy him" and also to boost Ade's confidence (who said he would end up as no.1 striker in the end around September)? Perhaps Ade was threatened by Lamela, hence the unneccsary blasting he gave him in the Stoke game?

His 'injury' just seems too long and strange to me...and we have been led to believe that of all the 7 buys last summer TS only really rates Eriksen..

Thoughts?

Does anyone remember the Stoke game when Lamela came on for the last 15 mins or so, when he had a shot on goal but Ade really blasted him (unfairly imo) for not passing the ball to him? I know it looked wrong to me at the time and also to a few other posters.

What if TS has effectively sidelined Lamela and taken Ade's side as his passion-and-guts cheerleader, leaving Lamela out because he "doesn't fancy him" and also to boost Ade's confidence (who said he would end up as no.1 striker in the end around September)? Perhaps Ade was threatened by Lamela, hence the unneccsary blasting he gave him in the Stoke game?

His 'injury' just seems too long and strange to me...and we have been led to believe that of all the 7 buys last summer TS only really rates Eriksen..

Thoughts?

Sorry but Daniel Levy isn't going to allow a £26m asset fade away into obscurity because the caretaker manager might not fancy him.

What could he do to stop TS not picking him? Sack him after a few weeks?

Come on, Levy runs this team, Sherwood's just the sock puppet. You can't seriously be suggesting with a straight face that Sherwood's tossed Lamela aside and Levy's just sat there taking it. The guy is injured, why can't people just take it at face value instead of concocting some wacky conspiracy theory.

Come on, Levy runs this team, Sherwood's just the sock puppet. You can't seriously be suggesting with a straight face that Sherwood's tossed Lamela aside and Levy's just sat there taking it. The guy is injured, why can't people just take it at face value instead of concocting some wacky conspiracy theory.

Levy runs the team? You mean the same Levy that watched whilst TS benched Capoue, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli even Eriksen at various times? You think Levy tells TS who to pick now?

That's more conspiracy theory than anything suggested above..

Agreed. There's no way Levy would allow Tim Sherwood to over-rule his position on a £30m asset. If Lamela is fit to play (he's clearly not by the way) then Sherwood is leaving him out of the squad with Levy's blessing. And that's pretty far-fetched.

Thoughts?

Wow, thats going abit OTT isn't it?

Levy runs the team? You mean the same Levy that watched whilst TS benched Capoue, Soldado, Paulinho, Chadli even Eriksen at various times? You think Levy tells TS who to pick now?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Levy "picks the team". Just that he wouldn't tolerate a manager deliberately sidelining and completely freezing out a £30m player out of petulance or stubbornness. That just doesn't wash with me. It doesn't fit how I see the Levy-Sherwood relationship and power dynamic. But who knows for sure?

We have a big squad, TS had some targets. Why can't he leave Lamela out of his team if he thinks he's more likely in the hurly-burly of the PL to get results that will keep him in the job?
He didn't sign him anyway, and it's not like he didn't play him a few times at the start anyway.

This idea that Levy picks the team sounds more far-fetched than anything I've speculated on. Maybe after 6 months to a year Levy might ask questions (a la Ade) but he didn't ask questions straight away (what right would he have after a short time)?

said it from the start

when the season is over and the pressure is off and no one expects anything from this kid ,THREN he'll come back to start the gradual process into the team

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Levy "picks the team". Just that he wouldn't tolerate a manager deliberately sidelining and completely freezing out a £30m player out of petulance or stubbornness. That just doesn't wash with me. It doesn't fit how I see the Levy-Sherwood relationship and power dynamic. But who knows for sure?

If TS stubbornly did that, whilst we're getting results do you really see Levy sacking TS before the season is anywhere near finished and making himself, the board and the club a bigger laughing stock than he/we already are?

We have a big squad, TS had some targets. Why can't he leave Lamela out of his team if he thinks he's more likely in the hurly-burly of the PL to get results that will keep him in the job?
He didn't sign him anyway, and it's not like he didn't play him a few times at the start anyway.

This idea that Levy picks the team sounds more far-fetched than anything I've speculated on. Maybe after 6 months to a year Levy might ask questions (a la Ade) but he didn't ask questions straight away (what right would he have after a short time)?

Do you really think Lamela or his brother would sit there and stay quiet about an injury that never was? He is happy to sit and obviously not train or play Under 21 games? its a ridiculous suggestion to be honest.

He can't play them all. Capoue didn't play because we have four other options there but he eventually worked his way into the side before injuring himself. Soldado has been in and out of the side as the £100k a week previously AWOL striker has been reinstated(by Sherwood, at Levy's behest I would imagine). Paulinho, same deal as Capoue, has competition, has played a lot but not very well. Chadli, we have a bunch of players like him, improved form has been rewarded and Eriksen missed like what, two games? He's been pretty much a mainstay in the side. Yet Lamela, he has absolutely zero time for, won't even consider him, would rather put Harry Winks on the bench whilst Levy's sat twiddling his thumbs bowing down to Tim Sherwood. Get real :rolleyes:

Do you really think Lamela or his brother would sit there and stay quiet about an injury that never was? He is happy to sit and obviously not train or play Under 21 games? its a ridiculous suggestion to be honest.

Why not? Perhaps Levy/Baldini have given them 'hush money' or promises that TS will be gone in a few months?
As I say, it's as ridiculous as saying that Levy runs the team.

He can't play them all. Capoue didn't play because we have four other options there but he eventually worked his way into the side before injuring himself. Soldado has been in and out of the side as the £100k a week previously AWOL striker has been reinstated(by Sherwood, at Levy's behest I would imagine). Paulinho, same deal as Capoue, has competition, has played a lot but not very well. Chadli, we have a bunch of players like him, improved form has been rewarded and Eriksen missed like what, two games? He's been pretty much a mainstay in the side. Yet Lamela, he has absolutely zero time for, won't even consider him, would rather put Harry Winks on the bench whilst Levy's sat twiddling his thumbs bowing down to Tim Sherwood. Get real :rolleyes:

If TS simply doesn't 'fancy' Lamela why not simply not play him? After all, for various reasons, he has shown the least. He played him at the beginning but gradually his minutes got less and less.

Do you honestly think Levy would sack TS after a month or two simply because he doesn't play Lamela? That's right sack two managers in the space of 2/3 months??

If TS stubbornly did that, whilst we're getting results do you really see Levy sacking TS before the season is anywhere near finished and making himself, the board and the club a bigger laughing stock than he/we already are?

But what good does it do Sherwood in the long run? What's the upside from his perspective? He's not completely thick. He's always known the chances of staying on were slim, but he'd clearly love to. And remember this "freezing out of Lamela" is going back months now when he must still have held a genuine glimmer of hope. So why on earth deliberately make an enemy of Levy? It's not going to make Levy more likely to stick with him next season.

And even if he knows he's out the door, the best thing he could possibly do to help his career would be to stay on good terms with the club. As I say; maybe you're right and Sherwood has decided to sideline our record signing (a £30m asset) out of spite, sabotaging what was supposed to be a good relationship with Daniel Levy. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd do that. But I don't know any more about what's going on than I read in the news, so it's all just speculation at the end of the day.

Not, not sack, just click. As in click his fingers.

Erik Lamela

[video=vimeo;90893780]http://vimeo.com/90893780[/video]

He's no Harry Winks.

But what good does it do Sherwood in the long run? What's the upside from his perspective? He's not completely thick. He's always known the chances of staying on were slim, but he'd clearly love to. And remember this "freezing out of Lamela" is going back months now when he must still have held a genuine glimmer of hope. So why on earth deliberately make an enemy of Levy? It's not going to make Levy more likely to stick with him next season.

And even if he knows he's out the door, the best thing he could possibly do to help his career would be to stay on good terms with the club. As I say; maybe you're right and Sherwood has decided to sideline our record signing (a £30m asset) out of spite, sabotaging what was supposed to be a good relationship with Daniel Levy. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd do that. But I don't know any more about what's going on than I read in the news, so it's all just speculation at the end of the day.

There are 7 foreign players bought last summer, Lamela is expensive sure, but is just one of the them. Freezing out Lamela in it self doesn't necessarily make an enemy of Levy, especially if TS gets top 4. If TS doesn't fancy him but thinks he can do without him in his pursuits of glory, then leaving him out makes sense to TS. It's not like he bought him and he could show Levy that you don't need "expensive foreign fancy-dans to progress in the league" (which seems to be what he thinks anyway by all accounts). He also believes in using the youth set-up (he's played Bentaleb almost every game!)

If TS does/did well without playing Lamela he still stays on good terms with the club anyway. If he sidelined Lamela it might not be out of spite but simply because he doesn't fancy him and/or prefers Ade and to keep Ade sweet.

It's just a theory; I don't think it's outlandish given TS and the things he's spouted since he's been in the job, but we'll just have to sit back and see...

Yes, yes I do.

You think that Tim Sherwood, auditioning for a once in a lifetime job is going to **** the boss off by discarding a player he's just invested £26m in. As for what Sherwood has spouted, how about when he said Lamela has immense talent and can see him playing off the front when he's back? What was that then? A cover up while he has him locked away in his dungeon?

I'm done with this now, it's stupid and it's my bed time.

Back