• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Re: Official - Lamela

I'm sometimes amazed at the attacks in which Lamela receives.

When he arrived everyone expected him to hit the ground running and leave us breathless, something I personally never understood. It was evident that this was a long term investment yet people would argue that he could do it from day one.

Now, after the struggle to settle in that I expected people are absolutely slating him waiting impatiently for his exit. I'm not being funny but wait until a player has a real of games until you can judge him. Whilst many will argue that this is proof our transfer system is filled with idiots for me it sums up the sheer level of fickleness that fans have or how they just look at the price tag. I bet if he came in about the same price as Eriksen people wouldn't be too fussed.

Pires was crap during his first season at that lot yet in his second season he was awarded PFA player of the year.

'give the manager time' is something written a lot on here yet when it comes to a 22 year old with a lot of potential all most on here want to give him is a fart in a space suit.

agree with most if that, I don't think Lamela or Chadli justify selection ahead of Lennon and Townsend (or Siggy) though

But if they has to justify their selection they'll never play. The only way we are going to get these guys motoring is by sticking them in the team and riding through the teething problems while they find their feet.

Ideally my point is that injuries/fitness allowing we should have played that team and formation, stuck with the plan and players weve invested in. Lennon's hit his ceiling potential wise, we need to play Lamela and Chadli to realise theirs otherwise whats the point of buying them. Id rotate townsend with them both though

Doesn't make a difference, he won't be able to get a game anyway but jokers like Naughton and Rose still get a game. Different positions I know but it astonishes me how players like Lamela and Eriksen haven't started almost every game.

Lamela has been injured for most of the second half of the season. And by all accounts, struggled to adapt to life and football over here in the first. What do you expect under those circumstances?

When he arrived everyone expected him to hit the ground running and leave us breathless, something I personally never understood. It was evident that this was a long term investment yet people would argue that he could do it from day one.

Now, after the struggle to settle in that I expected people are absolutely slating him waiting impatiently for his exit. I'm not being funny but wait until a player has a real of games until you can judge him. Whilst many will argue that this is proof our transfer system is filled with idiots for me it sums up the sheer level of fickleness that fans have or how they just look at the price tag. I bet if he came in about the same price as Eriksen people wouldn't be too fussed.

Pires was crap during his first season at that lot yet in his second season he was awarded PFA player of the year.

'give the manager time' is something written a lot on here yet when it comes to a 22 year old with a lot of potential all most on here want to give him is a fart in a space suit.

Agree with this. Far, far too early to offer any sort of judgement on Lamela. Lets wait to see him have a proper pre-season and injury free run of games before coming to a verdict on him.

There was that dodgy swimmer who got nick-named "Eric the Eel".

We have "Eric the Ill".

In a Spanish accent it's homophonic.

I don't think hoping that a 30 million pound club record signing might be capable of challenging for a first team spot is unrealistic or unfair.

No one is criticising his football - he hasn't played any! Where the fook is he, thats all we want to know!

All this bought for the long term shiit, yeah he's here for the long term, just like Jan, Modders, Lloris etc. Despite him literally not being spotted at the club for a good 6 months it would not surprise me at all if he agitated for a move in the Summer to CL Inter, Roma etc.

Harry Kane through the academy is a long term prospect: signing an Argentina international for 30 million pounds and then him featuring in about three league games in his first season is just abysmal!!!

Pires?? How can you compare this to Pires!!!! How much did Pires cost? Did he go MIA or did Arsenal fans actually know what he looked like?

Sorry, couldn't disagree more with your view.

I don't think hoping that a 30 million pound club record signing might be capable of challenging for a first team spot is unrealistic or unfair.

No one is criticising his football - he hasn't played any! Where the fook is he, thats all we want to know!

All this bought for the long term shiit, yeah he's here for the long term, just like Jan, Modders, Lloris etc. Despite him literally not being spotted at the club for a good 6 months it would not surprise me at all if he agitated for a move in the Summer to CL Inter, Roma etc.

Harry Kane through the academy is a long term prospect: signing an Argentina international for 30 million pounds and then him featuring in about three league games in his first season is just abysmal!!!

Pires?? How can you compare this to Pires!!!! How much did Pires cost? Did he go MIA or did Arsenal fans actually know what he looked like?

Sorry, couldn't disagree more with your view.

Pal, he's injured. Get a grip. Where was Rose earlier this season? Where was Dembele last season? Where was Lennon on his long injury layoff? The lad is injured, and I don't understand where all these conspiracy theories come from. Every time Sherwood is asked, he says he's injured. He has played 9 league matches, and many of them have been in short cameos. He's flashed skill when he's been out there, but he simply hasn't gotten a run of games.

He hasn't turned into a bad player overnight; he's just been unlucky with injuries. There are a raft of young players who didn't pull up trees in their first season in England, but who have come good. I understand the hysteria about Soldado, Paulinho, and Capoue more (though I don't agree with it), because we've at least seen them play games. This season, unfortunately, is a write-off for Lamela, which is a massive disappointment. That said, patience is required, and like Bale, Modric, Walker, and plenty of others hopefully he will come good.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post

Or maybe his dingdong grew to the size of a lamp post.

Subject for one of your excellent video compilations?

390259_10150456544793505_351687753504_8845891_466325017_n.jpg
I'M A GROWER NOT A SHOWER

The fact that we rarely give our "flops" a proper chance, is why we are failing imo.

Sure, some players just dont cut it in the PL, but everybody expects players to get to grips and hit the ground running and if not, we sell them as soon as we can.

And you can never compare players to each other in that way. Individual persons have their own struggles.

And who cares about pricetags? Its the clubs that decide if they want to pay for the player!

Poor Lamela. He should have stayed at Roma to establish himself more before moving. After not playing much for almost a year, Lamela will find it very tough to get back his old form, just like Dos Santos.

I saw him guys, he really does exist!!! Was sitting in a white hoody behind our bench today, this is progress

Back