• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Attitude and effort absolutely. End product not so much. For me, we need to sell at least one of Moura, Lamela and Bergwijn. Moura IMO isn’t perfect but we should keep him as he is more of a goal threat and works as hard as Lamela. Bergwijn doesn’t do enough IMO, doesn’t create or score enough but he has age on his side. Lamela is a better player than Bergwijn but having said that doesn’t score enough or hurt teams as much as he should do and of course has well-documented injury problems. I think all of the above three players are upgradable tbh.
All three could be upgraded on. If we do preferably a younger player that can develop into an automatic starter over time, but do a job for the squad immediately. I guess that's what we're trying/hoping for with Bergwijn and perhaps in time Clarke.

In terms of where to get value for money with a limited budget and looking for upgrades none of them would be anywhere near the top of my list of priorities.

I love that Davies can’t believe what his eyes have just seen.

I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say that that is the greatest moment in the history of the universe.

Almost as surprising was Tyler and Smiths reaction as if it was a tap in. I’m sure one of them said “it trickled in.”

Imbeciles. How do those clams get paid to talk about the game?

Incredible piece of skill from Lamela.

Unbelievable goal. Stupidity for the red card. Amazed his first red card took 8 years lol. Him and Toby were the pick of an awful bunch today for me.

I think VAR overturns that if it's a straight red, and the ref knew it.

Playing with fire doing that on a yellow card. He put at least one other tasty tackle after he got booked also. Look he’s an aggressive player and walks a tightrope with how he plays. Got his fingers burnt today but somehow he usually dips his toe close to the line without going over it. I don’t think we can complain too much about Tierney either. All players cheat and feign injury these days. Look at the Martial red card against us earlier in the season again with Lamela involved. Players know how to get each other sent off.

Playing with fire doing that on a yellow card. He put at least one other tasty tackle after he got booked also. Look he’s an aggressive player and walks a tightrope with how he plays. Got his fingers burnt today but somehow he usually dips his toe close to the line without going over it. I don’t think we can complain too much about Tierney either. All players cheat and feign injury these days. Look at the Martial red card against us earlier in the season again with Lamela involved. Players know how to get each other sent off.

Don't have a problem with Tierney, the issue is the ref. The first yellow was debatable, especially compared to other tackles that didn't get carded, and to then send him off for an incedent that happens half a dozen times a game. Harsh in the extreme.
No coincidence either that until he was sent off lamela was our only player to have a shot on target.

The first foul was even worse, clearly got all ball, trailing leg caught the Scum player but was bent knee, no studs, nothing.

That fudging goal though .. only thing worth remembering in a brick game
That first yellow, I was actually shouting "well in." Couldn't believe it was a yellow. Why not be done and end tackling. What was the difference between that tackle and Xhaka on Doherty. I thought it was a poor performance today from Michael Oliver.

Back