• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Yeah. Lamela was left and Eriksen right for large portions of last night. Poch has done that a few times this season. I assume that he does it to exploit a specific weakness in the fullbacks that we have identified.
I thought he should have been switched right actually. The were more than a few occasions that Trippier had 2 or 3 players to deal with. Fiorentina did not make the most of those situations thankfully but Lamela on that wing would have added a bit more defensively down that side. But on the other hand, 3-0 so who cares? ;)

To be fair, not all aren't.... then there's Milo.

I think that is quite unfair. Milo is hardly arrogant but he is human. All of us will have times where you read a post and get annoyed, and in this case it was the fact that Lamela was being compared to Wanyama and being said to be more of a defensive midfielder.

Being a staff member does not mean that they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. All it means is that they enforce the rules including following them themselves. In this case, what he wrote is not half as bad as what other posters have posted before.

I thought he should have been switched right actually. The were more than a few occasions that Trippier had 2 or 3 players to deal with. Fiorentina did not make the most of those situations thankfully but Lamela on that wing would have added a bit more defensively down that side. But on the other hand, 3-0 so who cares? ;)

We had the luxury of playing him left, was very different watching him play there for extended period, he kept the width well (not the constant drift in he does on right).

Good to see us still evolving players and tactics.

I think that is quite unfair. Milo is hardly arrogant but he is human. All of us will have times where you read a post and get annoyed, and in this case it was the fact that Lamela was being compared to Wanyama and being said to be more of a defensive midfielder.

Being a staff member does not mean that they should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us. All it means is that they enforce the rules including following them themselves. In this case, what he wrote is not half as bad as what other posters have posted before.

Creep ;);)

Yeah. Lamela was left and Eriksen right for large portions of last night. Poch has done that a few times this season. I assume that he does it to exploit a specific weakness in the fullbacks that we have identified.

I've sometimes thought he does it partly to get those players used to those roles so that in the future when the attacking midfield trio is fluid they become more effective...

-------

Great to have Lamela back. Good goal. In isolation perhaps a mistake to take the shot with his back to goal and Eriksen screaming in facing the goal. But very happy to see Lamela take shots and strike the ball with confidence. Doing that a bit more frequently is the next step I think.

Shame his perfect through ball to Chadli was offside or he could have had an assist too.

I've sometimes thought he does it partly to get those players used to those roles so that in the future when the attacking midfield trio is fluid they become more effective...

You could be right. I am sure that is what Jol was doing when he played Lennon on the left and our fans were getting all angsty about it.

Get a room!!

Sometimes we all forget the reason we're on here - to support the best team in the world and we all love this club!

Just wine for me. Good stuff though, I don't put out for any new world bricke.

b1d145c05c24384924e63b31de7bcb4e.jpg

Says a lot about Lamela that his thread is 339 pages long. Should be getting a run out against Swansea, rested for spammers and then fresh for the NLD.

It was another excellent goal by Lamela against Fiorentina. Not all the players are capable of turning his body and legs to score the goal like that. Now Lamela has 9 goals and 5 assists in all competitions this season. That is an excellent record for a midfielder. Wish he can score more goals in the league though as he only has 3 league goals.

Lamela may be a prince in the league, when it comes to EL, he is the King, almost anyway ! He has now scored 6 goals in the EL this season. Only Aduriz of Ath Bilbao have scored more goals(7). Hope he will keep on scoring and help us win the EL !

Spurs news: Danny Rose reveals Erik Lamela's 'disgust' at his top four aims

Defender was given short shrift by team-mate for failing to aim high enough with his hopes for Tottenham's final league position

By Matt Law
12:00PM GMT 29 Feb 2016

It was over a meal with a Tottenham Hotspur team-mate that Danny Rose was reminded in no uncertain terms that the club should be thinking big this season.

A top-four finish and qualification for the Champions League would normally be cause for euphoric celebration at White Hart Lane. But this season is different. Spurs are finally starting to believe that they have the chance to do something pretty special.

Sunday’s 2-1 victory over Swansea City meant Tottenham are still just two points behind Leicester City heading into vital fixtures against West Ham United on Wednesday night and Arsenal on Saturday.

Come through both games unscathed and it will be impossible for left-back Rose, or anybody else, to ignore the fact that Spurs could win their first top-flight title since 1961.

“Before the Emirates Marketing Project game I was having dinner with Erik Lamela and I was still asking him if he reckoned we can finish top four,” said Rose. “I’ve never seen someone look at me with such disgust. He said ‘My friend, we can win the league’.

“I refuse to believe. I’d like to believe we can, but I don’t want to think that. I realise the position we are in, but I don’t want to get too carried away.”

Rose scored the winning goal against Swansea and hopes it proves to be even more important that the 30-yard volley he netted on his Premier League debut for Spurs against Arsenal in 2010, which helped the club qualify for the Champions League.

“Come the end of the season, I hope me scoring against Swansea can be a pivotal moment for Tottenham,” said Rose. “I will be able to tell you more at the end of the season. I hope it’s a vital goal and we’ll know at the end of the season how vital it was.”

Harry Redknapp’s 2010 Tottenham team included Gareth Bale and Luka Modric, but Rose believes Maurico Pochettino’s side combine star quality with an unbeatable work ethic.

Asked if this is the best Tottenham team he has been part of, Rose said: “I have thought about this a lot. I’m not sure. It’s probably the best togetherness I’ve had and that’s probably more important than actual ability.

“We never give up for one another, we’re willing to run to the end for one another and we’ve shown that today, but I’m not sure whether it’s the best one since I’ve been here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rik-Lamelas-disgust-at-his-top-four-aims.html

----------------------------------------------------------

Rose is very lucky he didn't ask that question to Pochettino. If he did, he would have been either punched or made to train with the U-21s. Our non-English players seems to have more confident and ambitions than our English players. Or maybe our English players are more realistic than our non-English players.:D

Back