• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Great to see him finally delive! While he's still frustrating in his decision making at times, today he had a great game. Looks like he's more confident and eager to succeed. Hopefully this is the dawn of the real Lamela we are witnessing.

Another great display, really deserves his starting place, excellent. He's been frustrating, but it's been obvious this guy has ability despite what some said on here - the debates on here with people preferring Townsend and saying he's the worst player we've signed etc are laughable now.

It's not an I told you so moment.... I guess I'm just pleased this guy is proving people wrong.

I still think Lamela will come good. Expecting a significantly improved season next year and could have a breakout season the year after that. He has the talent, he's slowly adapting to the strength of the PL, he's releasing the ball much more quickly and brilliantly at times, so it's only a matter of time. But longer than just a season or two.

Who'd have thought there WAS a player in there????

Fantastic performance today from the lad.

I did :) I kept telling everyone!

There are a few of us :)
Looks like there's more than a few of us. I thought his breakout season would be the next one, but he just might be ahead of schedule. :)

Another great display, really deserves his starting place, excellent. He's been frustrating, but it's been obvious this guy has ability despite what some said on here - the debates on here with people preferring Townsend and saying he's the worst player we've signed etc are laughable now.

It's not an I told you so moment.... I guess I'm just pleased this guy is proving people wrong.

But still not as laughable as when you said Kane and Mason would be in the championship by now.

It was Lamela who won the ball from a City player deep in our half, then he played a one two with Eriksen, got the ball back and went on that driving run up to the City area, skipped past Demechilis and got fouled. Eriksen took the brilliant free kick, Kane finally scored

so thats twice in a week now that Lamela has won the ball in our half and its led to a goal...Poch is a happy man

lamela_pochettino.gif

Was it Demechilis who he dropped on his ar5e to score? Instinctively the defender stuck his hand out to stop it. Could have been a penalty and red (which he should have got sooner anyway!)

Great game yesterday, kept it simple, pass and moved...when his time came he took it

lets hope he keeps this course of hard work/ good defensive display and not trying to over think / do too much...

the bit that has surprised me is his set piece duties...he takes a good set piece

If it were not for Son getting a touch on to Chadli's header it would have been two goals from Lamela set pieces yesterday

I'm trying really hard not to get excited by this upturn in form, keep telling myself that he'll be back to his unsecure, hessitant self soon enough. just so I won't be dissapointed, but he's making it really hard to do :D

He grew up yesterday. The time and space he seemed to be able to create to receive the ball was better. Then when he drew players to him he knew when to release it.
He's never hid but yesterday he was at the centre of almost everything.
Poch deserves a lot of credit, I really like lamella but had come to the conclusion it wasn't going to work here and move him on. The talent is there, no doubts, just wasn't going to happen. But poch stayed with it and turned him a round.
Also, our tackling this season has been so much better but his in particular.

The key for Lamella will be doing it against poor sides that sit deep and don't attack

That's when we need him to be at his best and deliver because there really games we struggle with

Back