• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Really hope he can iron out the mistakes so that things like the above become more noticeable - having players like Son and Alli making runs off the ball/stretching defenses should help both him and Eriksen in terms of creating chances (and in turn goals for the team)

Really hope he can iron out the mistakes so that things like the above become more noticeable - having players like Son and Alli making runs off the ball/stretching defenses should help both him and Eriksen in terms of creating chances (and in turn goals for the team)

That's precisely what we have been missing. 4231 with two DMs and heavily reliant on our FBs for width should now be confined to history I hope.

That's precisely what we have been missing. 4231 with two DMs and heavily reliant on our FBs for width should now be confined to history I hope.

We haven't played with two DMs as far as i can remember under Pochetino and we're still using our full backs for width? I wouldn't hold your breath expecting that to change any time soon

What we have been lacking is pace and someone from the CM positions bursting forward to occupy opposition defenders, with Son in the 3 behind Kane and Dier playing in CM freeing his partner up to attack more we look to finally look to have those issues sorted and we fingers crossed we'll start to see the benefits

Last edited:
Absolutely. This has been our problem since AVB. One striker running round two/three CB's is nothing more than an annoyance most of the time. Kane does it better than most it has to be said but it is easily negated. Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele, Lamela, Townsend. They have one thing in common and that is they like it to feet. Too much of the same and ultimately predictable and easy to defend against. Three players with movement creates opportunity and confusion among the defence. It opens up space for the other passer types to weave their spells and it is no coincidence that players like Lamela, for example, are looking better since the introduction of Son and especially Alli. Good to see.

For the first time in a long time I feel confident in our direction. Last season was a mixed bag for me from the team and coach but now I think I see the method in his madness. Poch has seen the flaws in our play and has made moves to change things over the summer. The porous defence and the movement (or lack thereof) being the two biggest issues IMO and he has tried to tackle both of these. Personally speaking if I think we are moving in the right direction I can put up with blips and poor performances, and I feel much better about what I am seeing this season compared to last.

Last edited:
Absolutely. This has been our problem since AVB. One striker running round two/three CB's is nothing more than an annoyance most of the time. Kane does it better than most it has to be said but it is easily negated. Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele, Lamela, Townsend. They have one thing in common and that is they like it to feet. Too much of the same and ultimately predictable and easy to defend against. Three players with movement creates opportunity and confusion among the defence. It opens up space for the other passer types to weave their spells and it is no coincidence that players like Lamela, for example, are looking better since the introduction of Son and especially Alli. Good to see.

For the first time in a long time I feel confident in our direction. Last season was a mixed bag for me from the team and coach but now I think I see the method in his madness. Poch has seen the flaws in our play and has made moves to change things over the summer. The porous defence and the movement (or lack thereof) being the two biggest issues IMO and he has tried to tackle both of these. Personally speaking if I think we are moving in the right direction I can put up with blips and poor performances, and I feel much better about what I am seeing this season compared to last.

Great post. I completely agree with the bolded bits. We will need to show a bit of patience with a young team.

We need to get this thread past 300. Then the real Erik Lamela will emerge. The Lethal Lamela, the Goth-Faced Assassin.

I am genuinely excited that Lamela will start to turn things around. He has a long way to go, but at least he is showing fight and determination and not an inconsiderable amount of creativity.

How many games has he played?

Surely thats like a player playing 1 game and scoring a hatrick and then having a 3 in 1 ratio?

How many games has he played?

Surely thats like a player playing 1 game and scoring a hatrick and then having a 3 in 1 ratio?

You're right, so there's no point in claiming that he is a world beater just yet. Equally, there's no point in claiming that he's brick (I'm not saying that you have).

Why on Earth was he not on yesterday? He's in a patch of form, it's logical to keep playing him in the hope that he continues that form.

His dropping was the most stupid decision made by Poch in quite some time, imo. Almost as mind-blowingly baffling as dropping Soldado after he'd scored against Everton after GHod knows how long.

Why on Earth was he not on yesterday? He's in a patch of form, it's logical to keep playing him in the hope that he continues that form.

His dropping was the most stupid decision made by Poch in quite some time, imo. Almost as mind-blowingly baffling as dropping Soldado after he'd scored against Everton after GHod knows how long.
Loving your passion Dubai. I am with you on hating losing to that Nomadic Scum. It strikes me that Poch doesn't care about beating 'them'. It appears he is looking at the competition we are playing. It suggests he puts Europa League ahead of League (sic) Cup. It's the scourge of the modern game where traditional rivalries are jettisoned in favour of larger plans and goals. Hence resting Lamela (if indeed he was rested).

Loving your passion Dubai. I am with you on hating losing to that Nomadic Scum. It strikes me that Poch doesn't care about beating 'them'. It appears he is looking at the competition we are playing. It suggests he puts Europa League ahead of League (sic) Cup. It's the scourge of the modern game where traditional rivalries are jettisoned in favour of larger plans and goals. Hence resting Lamela (if indeed he was rested).

It was a mistake either way, then. He risked him being disrupted when in a run of form, and risked being called out for fielding a weakened side against our most bitter rivals.

The latter has now come true. I dearly hope the former doesn't.

i was very surprised he didnt start.....he looks like he is building a bit of form after coming on and doing well at Sunderland, playing well in the second half against Carrierbag and then having an excellent game against Palace.

i was very surprised he didnt start.....he looks like he is building a bit of form after coming on and doing well at Sunderland, playing well in the second half against Carrierbag and then having an excellent game against Palace.

Exactly. He should have at least came on as a sub. After trying to sell him in the transfer window, there is no reason for Pochettino to rest him now. He should be allowed to prove his worth as long as he is in good form as now.

Just wondering, maybe Pochettino is so impressed by Lamela's form that he wants to use him as a secret weapon against ManCity ?

Back