• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Disagree, I still saw him putting his foot in, harrying and chasing back.. Hope he never loses that tenacity.

I have the utmost faith he will come good.

Normally though that's all I see him do. Today I didn't notice that at all. I noticed plenty of passing and high quality ones at that

For me that's great. We shouldn't need to see him defend as that should be part of everyone's game but for Lamella we have to see him be creative and positive and that stood out by a mile yesterday

that was a world class through ball, amazing vision. Thank GHod we didnt sell him

that was a world class through ball, amazing vision. Thank GHod we didnt sell him

2928543-524906464-Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Mist games his telling contributions have been 30yrds from our goal out wide tackling. Yesterday he stayed mote central further up the pitch. With andros spreading the play it gave him room, time and he wasn't have to worry about Sunderland breaking past him.

I have said before that Lamela is a dilemma for me, he has ability there is no doubt about that but he never shows the consistency needed ( in a lot of ways it was the same with Jenas). However I was glad that Poch blocked his move in the window and I hope that another season will see him progress.

I have said before that Lamela is a dilemma for me, he has ability there is no doubt about that but he never shows the consistency needed ( in a lot of ways it was the same with Jenas). However I was glad that Poch blocked his move in the window and I hope that another season will see him progress.
I think he has the highest ceiling of any of our players. Not sure if he'll ever get to that ceiling but he certainly has more potential than anyone else at the club.

I think he has the highest ceiling of any of our players. Not sure if he'll ever get to that ceiling but he certainly has more potential than anyone else at the club.

You could be right about that my only doubt is the mentality angle, I always looked at Jenas as one who had the lot but for some reason he did not have the drive. Lets hope for Spurs sake that Lamela will be the opposite.

He should keep getting chances in the centre.

Son was by no means brilliant, but we looked far better with him out wide instead of Lamela.

Lamela then came on in the centre and looked far better than when playing out wide.

While their cameos may not have been sufficient to secure a place in the first team just yet, I certainly think that Lamela should start at CAM on Thursday, with Townsend on the right.

You could be right about that my only doubt is the mentality angle, I always looked at Jenas as one who had the lot but for some reason he did not have the drive. Lets hope for Spurs sake that Lamela will be the opposite.
If Lamela doesn't make it will be for different reasons than Jenas IMO. I always though Jenas never quiet fulfilled his potential because he could never really see the big picture on the pitch. He played in a totally reactionary way to events that went on around him, but was never controlling those events. A gene splice of Thudd and Jenas would have been the perfect midfielder.

For me Lamela is suffering a case of the Bentleys. His price tag (or the expectation of his ability) is influencing his decisions on the pitch. He has been trying to do too much with the ball rather than do the right thing with the ball. He has undoubted vision but needs to execute his passes far quicker. If he makes that one change to his game we'll see more of the Lamela that played the last match and less of the other fella, all IMHO of course.

Jeans is another like Dembele in that of they had half as much desire as someone like Vardy for example they Would be truly outstanding

Lamella has desire but has to get consistent

For me Lamela is suffering a case of the Bentleys. His price tag (or the expectation of his ability) is influencing his decisions on the pitch. He has been trying to do too much with the ball rather than do the right thing with the ball. He has undoubted vision but needs to execute his passes far quicker. If he makes that one change to his game we'll see more of the Lamela that played the last match and less of the other fella, all IMHO of course.

Definitely this. I'd bet my left nut (the superior one) that he would've been better for us if his price tag had been a lot lower. Same with Soldado.

Hmmm....the pass for the goal this time was reminiscent of the one he played for Chadli's goal against Hull last season....

...@ the 4:00 minute mark, and the cross for Chadli's goal against QPR, also from much the same central position (@ the 00:45 mark). He seems to be at his best playing those beautiful through balls from the CAM position, which is something we all suspected but which he proved again today.

Hmm.....

If Lamela doesn't make it will be for different reasons than Jenas IMO. I always though Jenas never quiet fulfilled his potential because he could never really see the big picture on the pitch. He played in a totally reactionary way to events that went on around him, but was never controlling those events. A gene splice of Thudd and Jenas would have been the perfect midfielder.

You may be right about that who knows, my point was that ( for whatever reason) neither one of them showed often their talents fully, now Lamela may go on and do so which is why I was glad Poch blocked his move in the window.

Back