• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

I still think Lamela should put up some weight. He looks too thin. Maybe that is one of the reason he always loses the ball easily.

Usually more weight comes at a cost to acceleration, pace, agility, stamina etc. Lamela seems to have a good balance between various physical traits.

He is coming along just fine, gaining confidence and mental strength game by game.

I'll say it Lamela is going to be the next star for us.

He is coming along just fine, gaining confidence and mental strength game by game.

I'll say it Lamela is going to be the next star for us.

He has tremendous work rate, nice touches and never hides, there are a lot of attributes in there. He is on his way to being a good/ very good player... So it depends on what you mean by star? If your thinking bale/ modric star ... Then I think not. The first time I saw bale, I knew the guy would be something special... Didn't predict how good... But knew he had the potential to be a star, same with Modric... And this was when they were not settled... This was when they were very early in their spurs careers... I don't see that potential in lamela to be honest... I see potential... But just not that potential... I think to get to the star level you need at least one outstanding attribute... And I mean outstanding, and he just doesn't have that. I think the person in our team that could be 'it' is Ericsson but that's a different thread.

A friend of mine who is a ST holder describes him as a football freestyler who got lucky :)

IMO he tries to be too clever, too flash rather than what he should be doing. That ball in from the left that Soldado should've tapped in was a beauty and I'd like to see more of that.

A friend of mine who is a ST holder describes him as a football freestyler who got lucky :)

IMO he tries to be too clever, too flash rather than what he should be doing. That ball in from the left that Soldado should've tapped in was a beauty and I'd like to see more of that.

Agree with that... He needs to do that more.

He has tremendous work rate, nice touches and never hides, there are a lot of attributes in there. He is on his way to being a good/ very good player... So it depends on what you mean by star? If your thinking bale/ modric star ... Then I think not. The first time I saw bale, I knew the guy would be something special... Didn't predict how good... But knew he had the potential to be a star, same with Modric... And this was when they were not settled... This was when they were very early in their spurs careers... I don't see that potential in lamela to be honest... I see potential... But just not that potential... I think to get to the star level you need at least one outstanding attribute... And I mean outstanding, and he just doesn't have that. I think the person in our team that could be 'it' is Ericsson but that's a different thread.

not bale maybe modric's level. he will do better in a top tier club where he will get more space.

its not his current performances but his attributes - ball skills, vision and most of all intuition. that last one is the one that turns them from good to great. lamela has loads of it he just needs a settled team to have confidence with guys he is playing with.

unfortunately i do not think we will see him blossom fully in THFC or in the EPL - where physicality is used to nullify skill in the ugliest way possible.

Sorry mate, but if it was so obvious, clubs/scouts wouldn't make **** ups

At Spurs, I knew Bale & Berbatov were something special. Modric you suspected, but I felt it could have gone both ways. I would have laughed at you if you had told me in his first year or two that CR would be one of the best players ever in world football
Eriksen is obvious to me, Lamela will make it, not sure he will make it in England, but he will make it.

Today I saw work rate, skill and for the first time a toughness, he wasn't bullied off the ball as he has been previously, good sign of adapting.

Agree with that... He needs to do that more.

I dont think he is a needless freestyler...as least not recently ...as in most of this season.

All the things he does either have a purpose or are done as a result of over thinking which is a common trait in people that have confidence problems

being more decisive shows that someone is getting over the hump of those confidence issues or at least trying to get over it, thing is that the ball lamela played was the right ball for that situation as you can clearly see he takes a quick stock of the box before doing it. And taking stock of whats around him is something he does ALOT of.

i think when the opportunity shows itself and he is aware of it he more often than not will favour moving the ball rather than 'needlessly' doing tricks and turns......its not like that opportunity for that cross with that kind of angle for the low cross keeps on presenting itself to us now does it

Sorry mate, but if it was so obvious, clubs/scouts wouldn't make **** ups

At Spurs, I knew Bale & Berbatov were something special. Modric you suspected, but I felt it could have gone both ways. I would have laughed at you if you had told me in his first year or two that CR would be one of the best players ever in world football
Eriksen is obvious to me, Lamela will make it, not sure he will make it in England, but he will make it.

Today I saw work rate, skill and for the first time a toughness, he wasn't bullied off the ball as he has been previously, good sign of adapting.

he is actually adapting to the league....but surely dont use the europa game to judge that?

To my mind that was his best match for us ... in others there have been flashes of brilliance, and a fair bit of waiting-aroundery.

Here he was prepared to put a hard shift in, and he looked a lot more useful to the team. If he can repeat that against better opposition he will then be in a position to top up with some brilliance.

I dont think he is a needless freestyler...as least not recently ...as in most of this season.

All the things he does either have a purpose or are done as a result of over thinking which is a common trait in people that have confidence problems

being more decisive shows that someone is getting over the hump of those confidence issues or at least trying to get over it, thing is that the ball lamela played was the right ball for that situation as you can clearly see he takes a quick stock of the box before doing it. And taking stock of whats around him is something he does ALOT of.

i think when the opportunity shows itself and he is aware of it he more often than not will favour moving the ball rather than 'needlessly' doing tricks and turns......its not like that opportunity for that cross with that kind of angle for the low cross keeps on presenting itself to us now does it

I was agreeing that he needs to do more of the early crossing... Not the freestyle bit. I agree about the opportunities not regularly presenting themselves though....

one thing i've noticed is that lamela tends to better when eriksen isn't there. a case of too many cooks ? pity they don't really try to play off each other's genius....seen glimpses only so far.

A football freestyler who got lucky?! Erm, no....

Been our best attacking player in the last couple of games imo.

Looking at the video posted from the Hull game I really don't think "being too clever, too flash" is an apt description. And I didn't think it was apt against Partizan either.

To put in that early ball he needs to receive the right pass. It's not like he's getting into positions like that regularly and doing other stuff.

It probably would have gone in if Lennon wasn't getting in the way. Lennon should be out wide, not standing in the middle doing nowt.

Don't agree bro - if anything it shows Azza dummying and knowing what Eric was looking for.

Lamela is a player who 100% deserves the description 'there's a player in there' - think we'll see it back end of this seaon

Back